Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Is the Pac 12 poised to rise from the dead? The answer may surprise you

13»

Comments

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Yes it it ludicrous to think a guy with a 43-7 record at Oregon could win big at UCLA

The victims are the ones in denial on this simple little fact

Just one more team WSU will never climb over

WSU pretty much has owned UCLA over the last 20 years. But keep on cowering in the corner.
    How am I cowering by thinking a 47-11 coach will be successful at a talent rich school?

You’re believing Chip catches lightning in a bottle twice.

In fact I kind of equate Chips success with Trumps Presidential victory. Both Trump and Chip changed the gayme. No one had ever seen anything like them before.

They initially said that Chips Offense was a gimmick and would never beat the better teams. But then He laid waste to opponent after opponent after opponent.

And then. Before you knew it, they were in the Natty. Trump won his Natty but Chip came up a bit short.

But unlike Trump, almost every other team copied what Chip was doing in some way even before He got to the Natty game.

And now Chip and Trump couldn’t be any more different. Trump continues to keep teams off balance with new plays. Whereas Chip has been forced to play status quo because his plays have been figured out. A victim of his own success really.

OT: If I get another “draft has been saved window” interruption when typing a sentence, I’m gonna find Mr Vanilla.

Bottom line is that Chip isn’t the innovator that He once was. Couple that with the dyed in the wool soft of UCLA Football and 8-4 is the ramped up.
    You sound scared

And stupid
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Yes it it ludicrous to think a guy with a 43-7 record at Oregon could win big at UCLA

WSU pretty much has owned UCLA over the last 20 years. But keep on cowering in the corner.
    How am I cowering by thinking a 47-11 coach will be successful at a talent rich school?

In fact I kind of equate Chips success with Trumps Presidential victory. Both Trump and Chip changed the gayme. No one had ever seen anything like them before.

They initially said that Chips Offense was a gimmick and would never beat the better teams. But then He laid waste to opponent after opponent after opponent.

And then. Before you knew it, they were in the Natty. Trump won his Natty but Chip came up a bit short.

But unlike Trump, almost every other team copied what Chip was doing in some way even before He got to the Natty game.

And now Chip and Trump couldn’t be any more different. Trump continues to keep teams off balance with new plays. Whereas Chip has been forced to play status quo because his plays have been figured out. A victim of his own success really.

OT: If I get another “draft has been saved window” interruption when typing a sentence, I’m gonna find Mr Vanilla.

Bottom line is that Chip isn’t the innovator that He once was. Couple that with the dyed in the wool soft of UCLA Football and 8-4 is the ramped up.
    You sound scared

And stupid
    Ummm. Is the Alzheimer’s winning again? You’re the one cowering in the corner, afraid of the mighty juggernaut that will be UCLA.

Probably tim for a long walk in the charred forest for some perspective. Be sure to bring a compass though. hate to see you disappear for a year again because you couldn’t afford a smart phone.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chip was really good because of a mix of scheme, culture, identity, and program continuation.

He kept most the Oregon assistants, tweaked things his way, and off they went. Oregon was serious about football too.

He has none of those things at UCLA. He's already made a ton of money. UCLA doesn't care about football. Look at their early recruiting.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,536
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

You sound scared

And stupid
    Ummm. Is the Alzheimer’s winning again? You’re the one cowering in the corner, afraid of the mighty juggernaut that will be UCLA.

Probably tim for a long walk in the charred forest for some perspective. Be sure to bring a compass though. hate to see you disappear for a year again because you couldn’t afford a smart phone.
    People often accuse others of what they see in themselves

I made a comment that one of the great coaches in college football this century would get it done at UCLA

You've been triggered ever since

Maybe try some gas and a match to see if it takes the fear away
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Kelly can't win big there even if he gets his system up and running because he won't be able to beat the best physical teams consistently, either in conference or out of conference. And another thing, it would just be revolting to have to watch the powder blue and gold pretty boys at UCLA try to copy our success. Oregon 2.0 they will never be.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,602
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Scoreboard obk