Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon game: what we know

Comments

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Good luck stopping UO's run game. We have a fresh stable of explosive backs, expect Verdell and Dye to have a big game, along with a balanced passing attack by Herbert. Would expect we concentrate on the run game though for this one.

Comparing a group of young black men to a stable of workhorses? Racist piece of shit.
    Are you saying that all horses are black? Some horses are white and some are brown.
    I'm saying you view black men as animals used to do your dirty work.
    Mark Emmert and I shared a good laugh together after reading your post.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    edited October 2018

Will concentrate on the run game for sure because UW has a good secondary, if we run into trouble there, look for Herbert and Mitchell to carve up the field and soften the husky defense up.

UW doesn’t seem to have a great pass rush. Oregon is great in pass pro. I could see Oregon putting together a passing attack.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    Not to boast or anything, but I've got a 65-70% win ratio of picking teams on Saturday over the last two years. Said the Stanford game would come down to less than a touchdown, that we would beat a ranked Cal team on the road by 2-4 TDs.

My call for this game hasn't changed. We establish the run vs UW and win by a margin of 1-2 touchdowns imo. Very different from last year, when I picked UW to win rather easily.
  • Options
    lawsandllawsandl Member Posts: 1,555
    UW certainly hasn’t looked all world against the run.
  • Options
    ntxduck said:

Not to boast or anything, but I've got a 65-70% win ratio of picking teams on Saturday over the last two years. Said the Stanford game would come down to less than a touchdown, that we would beat a ranked Cal team on the road by 2-4 TDs.

My call for this game hasn't changed. We establish the run vs UW and win by a margin of 1-2 touchdowns imo. Very different from last year, when I picked UW to win rather easily.

65-70% at Picking games straight up in cfb, where teams are often favored by more than a td, is actually pretty fucking awful.
    Do you make picks in the Pick Em thread? No? Nothing you say on this topic has any value.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,915
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Harv says Petersen should be fired for playing a hurt Gaskin

So there's tbat
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    hat Oregon schon einen harten Gegner gespielt?
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,618
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Sounds like an obscure baseball statistic.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    edited October 2018

Harv says Petersen should be fired for playing a hurt Gaskin

So there's tbat

Coogs forget that Leach gave one of his QBs fatal CTE.
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Where was this confidence a few weeks ago when you didn't have the stones to make a bet with J?
  • Options
    RedRocket said:

Where was this confidence a few weeks ago when you didn't have the stones to make a bet with J?
    I'm not going to look it up but J's original bet was virtually the same bet I ended up making with Doog De Jour. He took a comment I made about the gulag out of proportion and wanted to turn it into a year long gulag bet, not something I ever agreed to. To throw him a bone, I added a month long gulag penalty for backing out of the bet. Even after all of that, he didn't take the bet, so it's on him, not on me.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

RedRocket said:

I'm not going to look it up but J's original bet was virtually the same bet I ended up making with Doog De Jour. He took a comment I made about the gulag out of proportion and wanted to turn it into a year long gulag bet, not something I ever agreed to. To throw him a bone, I added a month long gulag penalty for backing out of the bet. Even after all of that, he didn't take the bet, so it's on him, not on me.
    Bet's still on the table you giant fucking pussy.
    You bailed so a bet was made. Ask Doog De Jour maybe you can still get in on it, maybe she'll give up 6 months of avatar control and let you have the other 6 if I lose. UW loses and I get to change both of your avatars. It's her call though, not mine. It's a way to prove you're really as confident and you want everyone to think you are.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,626
    Swaye's Wigwam
    lawsandl said:

UW certainly hasn’t looked all world against the run.

Shocking since Nickel is our base D.
  • Options
    PurpleJ said:

Avatar bet? What is this? Grade school? Be a MAN and bet your account on the game. Pussy.

Avatar bet was your original bet. Hth.