Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Observations from Rapeculturedwag

For all the shit we talk about the UW gameday experience and fans.. UCLA at the Rose Bowl is a fucking embarassment to football. We? Have a long way to go until we have thing right, but at least we arent starting from that level.

Comments

• Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,237
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

For all the shit we talk about the UW gameday experience and fans.. UCLA at the Rose Bowl is a fucking embarassment to football. We? Have a long way to go until we have thing right, but at least we arent starting from that level.

Hryk
  • Options
    LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,116
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited October 2018
    Rumor has it there aren’t even proper porking lots for @Rapeculturedawg
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Sark > Ty POTD
  • Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    There are some good spots.

Tailgating on the golf course is nice. Traffic after the game was minimal. Food choices are sooo much better than UW
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    UCLA pregame > any USC tailgate on concrete.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,501
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's Cali. They have the Dodgers, LeBron and great weather. Why would anyone show out for a winless amateur team when they have better things to do?
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I haven't been to the RB for a UCLA game since 2007, but it's still the most pathetic football game atmosphere I have ever encountered anywhere at any level.

It's funny people think one guy can turn that thing around.
  • Options
    Mosster47 said:

I haven't been to the RB for a UCLA game since 2007, but it's still the most pathetic football game atmosphere I have ever encountered anywhere at any level.

Much like Stanford..

Game experience is lame, but tailgating environment in Lots 1-7 is well done.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,583
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Hows the rape culture in the parking lot tho
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

The pinnacle of the godawful game environment was that UCLA had this kid set up on a stage screaming into a mic all game, trying to tell the fans what to do and how to cheer.

“ITS 3RD DOWN BRUINS WE NEED TO GET LOUD”

“COME ON BRUINS WE NEED A STOP HERE, WE CAN DO IT”

“LETS BLOCK THIS PUNT BRUINS”

Non stop, all game. With plenty of voice cracks. It was the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen at a football game.

Cal does that too, but at least it's on campus and when they're good the drunk frats come out.
  • Options

*porking lot

Get with the program, bitch. Are you gnu hear?
    I thouhgt only the quooks had a porking lot
  • Options

*porking lot

Get with the program, bitch. Are you gnu hear?
    I thouhgt only the quooks had a porking lot
    Every lot is a porking lot. HTH
    Sounds like I haven't been exploring rape culture the way I should have
  • Options
    ntxduckntxduck Member Posts: 5,515
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    MisterEm said:

This guy tailgated by the Coli and not on campus...SMDH
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2018
    MisterEm said:

Mosster47 said:

Much like Stanford.

This.

No recruit commits to ucla or stanford because of the passion for football. The game day experience for recruits at those stadiums is embarrassing .
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    ntxduck said:

MisterEm said:

Nice try. @ntxduck would kill to attend the private CFB venues we get into.

1. USC pregame is trash. Rinse and repeat.

2. USC pregame is in the ghetto. I grew up a fast strategy Oakland kid and have ACTUAL melanin in my skin....so my opinion matters more than your white/yellow ass.

3. We got Natty rings from USC on NFL pensions on one side of the family... the other is tied to husky legends from the 90s. Not Fleenor faggot booster invite shit.

4. USC game is only good for the game. Tailgating is bottom third in conference. Do it a half dozen times and get back to me

5. Did I forget to mention... the wife is a USC alum. Its trash from the inside. Only redeeming quality is the Rose Bowl and beating 5 star talent.

Fuck off @ntxduck. You're a rookie.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited October 2018
    NEsnake12 said:

The pinnacle of the godawful game environment was that UCLA had this kid set up on a stage screaming into a mic all game, trying to tell the fans what to do and how to cheer.

“ITS 3RD DOWN BRUINS WE NEED TO GET LOUD”

“COME ON BRUINS WE NEED A STOP HERE, WE CAN DO IT”

“LETS BLOCK THIS PUNT BRUINS”

Non stop, all game. With plenty of voice cracks. It was the most embarrassing thing I’ve ever seen at a football game.

Sounds almost as bad as an outdated droning siren that sounds like a robot dog howl, blaring every time the home team scores. At least we have catchy band riffs for every occasion.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    MisterEm said:

ntxduck said:

MisterEm said:

Nice try. @ntxduck would kill to attend the private CFB venues we get into.

1. USC pregame is trash. Rinse and repeat.

2. USC pregame is in the ghetto. I grew up a fast strategy Oakland kid and have ACTUAL melanin in my skin....so my opinion matters more than your white/yellow ass.

3. We got Natty rings from USC on NFL pensions on one side of the family... the other is tied to husky legends from the 90s. Not Fleenor faggot booster invite shit.

4. USC game is only good for the game. Tailgating is bottom third in conference. Do it a half dozen times and get back to me

5. Did I forget to mention... the wife is a USC alum. Its trash from the inside. Only redeeming quality is the Rose Bowl and beating 5 star talent.

Fuck off @ntxduck. You're a rookie.
    If you are tailgating at a USC game somewhere nearby the coliseum on a concrete slab you are doing it wrong. Egregiously wrong. So very wrong you should actually kill yourself and save the locals the opportunity.

It’s not just the on campus opportunity. For fucks sake, how stupid do you have to be to figure it out?

I’ve been destroying my liver there for 25 years, starting when I showed up for graduate school.