Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Reassessing the midgets

Through 4 games, I wanted to reassess the 4 midgets who were supposed to play major roles for my dwags this season:

Fuller - was convinced he was a decent 3rd WR but was despondent that he was going to be our? #1. Boy has he told me to fuck myself. The kid is a baller, gets open consistently and makes tough grabs, rises to the moment, and is definitely worthy of being a #1

BBK - hated the fact that he plays hard and is around the football but is the size of a safety, but I’ve been proven wrong! He should get a blue ribbon for the way he rides ball carriers like a 4 year old on a sheep. Joking aside, he had a solid game yesterday. I was impressed with his forced fumbles. Unfortunately the assessment is the same, he plays hard and typically makes the right play, but he needs 3 inches and 20 pounds.

Bryant - was struggling to understand how he was Lake’s favorite after watching him get burned repeatedly by big WR, especially against Stanford and PSU. Like Fuller, Myles has told me to go fuck myself. He’s been the most consistent DB this season. Plays the run fearlessly, is a sure tackler, has gotten hole on some blitzes, and makes plays in coverage. He’s at home at Nickel. I was calling for Molden to beat him out but I was wrong.

Bowman - had a discussion in the spring on walk-ons about how all of his production was had against weak competition and blowouts, whereas Clemson’s Hunter Renfrow repeatedly showed up in big games. I mentioned I’d rather have a specimen like Tryon because physically he has a better chance for consistent production. So far, Shane has done more than Ryan. He’s consistently stoned on the edge, and has been losing time to both Ngata and 3 DL sets.

So if the 4, Fuller and Bryant have balled out consistently, BBK has been BBK which can be infuriating but also you pray he doesn’t get hurt because he’s all we? have, and I’m not sure if Bowman has been played.

Comments

• KrunkJuiceKrunkJuice Member Posts: 2,046
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    You should throw Baccellia and Pounds in the discussion as well. Both of those guys are midgets imo. Imagine being Cook or Bynum and the coaches won't play you over them.
  • DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

If BBK had 3 inches and 20 pounds he would be a #1 draft pick.

He is what he is, and that's an asset that is always around the ball that makes the tackle but doesn't physically punish anyone.

The only play I remember Bowman making is absolutely destroying the Auburn fullback that tried to block him

That’s why I said the assessment is the same. He’s frustrating because he is right there and you’re excited, then he drags him down after 4 yards and a first. But he had a big game yesterday and stood up Huntley so I’m hopeful.

And upvote for the Bowman at Auburn blowup on the full back. Unfortunately that’s been it.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bryant - was struggling to understand how he was Lake’s favorite after watching him get burned repeatedly by big WR, especially against Stanford and PSU. Like Fuller, Myles has told me to go fuck myself. He’s been the most consistent DB this season. Plays the run fearlessly, is a sure tackler, has gotten hole on some blitzes, and makes plays in coverage. He’s at home at Nickel. I was calling for Molden to beat him out but I was wrong.

Maybe you fuckers should listen to @Bread
    Next time when he tells you a player is good.
  • Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,286
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Ngata has really taken Bowman's role of 3rd down pass rusher that we allow to freelance a little to try and get sacks
  • PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Bread said:

Maybe you fuckers should listen to @Bread
    Next time when he tells you a player is good.

Bryant lost us Stanford and Penn State last year
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,996
    Standard Supporter
    I thought this was gonna be a thread about Oregon.
  • CallMeBigErnCallMeBigErn Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 3,856
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

If BBK had 3 inches and 20 pounds he would be a #1 draft pick.

BBK will be the #1 draft pick... in the CFL. Future Saskatchewan Roughrider GOAT and Hall of Famer. You come to UW, we'll put you in some sort of league.
  • BeerThirtyBeerThirty Member Posts: 2,465
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    TTJ said:

Fuller - was convinced he was a decent 3rd WR but was despondent that he was going to be our? #1. Boy has he told me to fuck myself. The kid is a baller, gets open consistently and makes tough grabs, rises to the moment, and is definitely worthy of being a #1

Imagine Skinny working with these targets in 2019:

X Bryant (yep, WR)
    Y Otton
    Z Jones
    SLOT Fuller
    You don't think Spiker and Osbourne will factor in?
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    TTJ said:

X Bryant (yep, WR)
    Y Otton
    Z Jones
    SLOT Fuller
    This was the year for Bryant to play WR. By next year the WR depth will be plenty full with Cook/Bynum ready to push to start and Osbourne/Spiker ready to contribute.

Bryant won't be playing much WR.
  • topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    BBK is in the lead to take the Cort Dennison "Little Engine that Could" award this year.

Pslam Wooching complained about the naming of the award ... but Cort was the original.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Love what Fuller’s doing ...

Ideally he’s a great 3rd WR ... probably asking just a little too much as the #1 or #2
  • HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537
    edited September 2018
    TTJ said:

X Bryant (yep, WR)
    Y Otton
    Z Jones
    SLOT Fuller
    If Ahmed continues to chop his feet, hesitate and then get tackled at first contact while having the vision of Louis Rankin than he should be moved to slot receiver and only sometimes used in the backfield... Pleasant seems more than adequate

EDIT people forget that Chris Polk looked like a pussy before he got injured his freshman year so there is still hope... i guess...