Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Reassessing the midgets

13»

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Bread said:

I think you all misunderstood bannanagram. Molden isn't transferring because he is bad. He is transferring because be is good. If Molden wants to be a starter now he is going to transfer if he is content as a backup for a few years he will stay.

This. I was merely speculating that Molden is being groomed as a nickel and may be waiting until hes a senior before he gets a starting spot. It's possible Lake moves him to a true corner spot next year but Jimmy seems to place his DBs in spots so that they master their position. I know nothing of Molden's thoughts but for many players as as good as him, the prospects of rolling for 3 years as a backup may get frustrating.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Sample isn’t a pass catcher ... Otten hasn’t done anything yet to suggest he’s a red zone weapon

Ty Jones is our best opportunity this year for a difference maker ... the rest of our receivers are not showing separation ability in tight spaces and we have a QB that doesn’t throw guys open

I must have missed all of Fuller's catches. Dude has been balling out.
    I haven’t looked at the data and open to being wrong on this ... but my eyes tell me that there haven’t been much production in the red zone ... which is my point
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Sample isn’t a pass catcher ... Otten hasn’t done anything yet to suggest he’s a red zone weapon

Ty Jones is our best opportunity this year for a difference maker ... the rest of our receivers are not showing separation ability in tight spaces and we have a QB that doesn’t throw guys open

Hands up, toes down inbounds = TD. What are you talking about, Teq? He waved his hands and caught blindman Browning's attention before the TD throw. Otherwise, Browning probably would've thrown that pass through the back of the end-zone.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Bitch about the WRs all you want. Fair point, I suppose.

But do not for a second deny how fucking slow Browning's reads are. Jesus Christ! It's either there or it isn't Jake, and you gotta throw that ball or pull it down and run. Browning will stare at the down & out route for 2 seconds before making his 2nd read, then throw behind the crossing receiver. The tools just aren't sharp enough, after 3+ years, to take advantage of what's there, and his shoulder is not what it once was. If Browning can account for that and compensate properly, he can lead and win out. I pray his talks with Gaxin about that topic are ongoing.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

But do not for a second deny how fucking slow Browning's reads are. Jesus Christ! It's either there or it isn't Jake, and you gotta throw that ball or pull it down and run. Browning will stare at the down & out route for 2 seconds before making his 2nd read, then throw behind the crossing receiver. The tools just aren't sharp enough, after 3+ years, to take advantage of what's there, and his shoulder is not what it once was. If Browning can account for that and compensate properly, he can lead and win out. I pray his talks with Gaxin about that topic are ongoing.

just wait till brownsox gets his reads down, we might have an offense