Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Reassessing the midgets

Comments

• Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,904
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Bread said:

Bryant - was struggling to understand how he was Lake’s favorite after watching him get burned repeatedly by big WR, especially against Stanford and PSU. Like Fuller, Myles has told me to go fuck myself. He’s been the most consistent DB this season. Plays the run fearlessly, is a sure tackler, has gotten hole on some blitzes, and makes plays in coverage. He’s at home at Nickel. I was calling for Molden to beat him out but I was wrong.

Maybe you fuckers should listen to @Bread
    Next time when he tells you a player is good.

Bryant lost us Stanford and Penn State last year
    Joyner also got torched vs Stanford. Molden came out for a couple plays against Stanford and promptly gave up a 40 yard bomb. He's my least favorite. That was a weak PI against ASU, but I've seen him involved in quite a few negative plays for a guy who plays so little.

McIntosh got torched against Penn State. Myles Bryant was a culprit, but nobody played great against either. Murphy had an amazing INT vs Penn State, but gave up a good amount of plays as well.
    Agree on all points. I was thinking the other day about the way our db chart might look next year and actually think Elijah Molden could be a couch sale watch contender. He seems to be pegged as a nickel and is clearly behind Bryant on the depth chart at this point. This will likely carry into next year which means he'd be a true senior before he became a starter. He could move to another cb position but he'd have to beat out Joyner (Murphys current backup), or Taylor (Miller's current backup) along with Hampton, Gordon, and Irvin depending on how their positions sort out. Depending on how things shake out, transferring, using his redshirt year and having 2 more years to play might seem more appealing than backing up Bryant again next year and having 1 more year. Either way it will be interesting.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It’s not about metrics ... Ty’s also a year younger but I suspect by the end of the year he will take another step up

As for Fuller, the only area where his lack of ideal size as a #1 shows up is in the red zone ... and unsurprisingly as a team, we haven’t been great there
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

It’s not about metrics ... Ty’s also a year younger but I suspect by the end of the year he will take another step up

As for Fuller, the only area where his lack of ideal size as a #1 shows up is in the red zone ... and unsurprisingly as a team, we haven’t been great there

We haven't been great in the endzone because of play calling. There are plenty of big red zone targets to choose from: Jones, Otton, Sample.

That right there is more than most schools could dream of.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Sample isn’t a pass catcher ... Otten hasn’t done anything yet to suggest he’s a red zone weapon

Ty Jones is our best opportunity this year for a difference maker ... the rest of our receivers are not showing separation ability in tight spaces and we have a QB that doesn’t throw guys open
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Elite# 2, will probably be all pac12

Uhh, so do you have Fuller displacing Harry or Arceaga-Whiteside?
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,474
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    TTJ said:

Doogles said:

Elite# 2, will probably be all pac12

Uhh, so do you have Fuller displacing Harry or Arceaga-Whiteside?
    The first and second teams will have 4-6 WR on them.

He keeps producing these numbers he's going to be 1 of them.

Stanford is the only tuff D left, maybe BYU

Video game number games against: UCLA, Ore, Oregon St., and coug remain.

That's probably giving Col and Cal too much credit, as we'll probably light them up too.

I like that bet.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

Bryant - was struggling to understand how he was Lake’s favorite after watching him get burned repeatedly by big WR, especially against Stanford and PSU. Like Fuller, Myles has told me to go fuck myself. He’s been the most consistent DB this season. Plays the run fearlessly, is a sure tackler, has gotten hole on some blitzes, and makes plays in coverage. He’s at home at Nickel. I was calling for Molden to beat him out but I was wrong.

So let’s move him to lb?
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Tequilla said:

Sample isn’t a pass catcher ... Otten hasn’t done anything yet to suggest he’s a red zone weapon

Ty Jones is our best opportunity this year for a difference maker ... the rest of our receivers are not showing separation ability in tight spaces and we have a QB that doesn’t throw guys open

@GrandpaSankey true??
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,976

Bread said:

Joyner also got torched vs Stanford. Molden came out for a couple plays against Stanford and promptly gave up a 40 yard bomb. He's my least favorite. That was a weak PI against ASU, but I've seen him involved in quite a few negative plays for a guy who plays so little.

McIntosh got torched against Penn State. Myles Bryant was a culprit, but nobody played great against either. Murphy had an amazing INT vs Penn State, but gave up a good amount of plays as well.
    Agree on all points. I was thinking the other day about the way our db chart might look next year and actually think Elijah Molden could be a couch sale watch contender. He seems to be pegged as a nickel and is clearly behind Bryant on the depth chart at this point. This will likely carry into next year which means he'd be a true senior before he became a starter. He could move to another cb position but he'd have to beat out Joyner (Murphys current backup), or Taylor (Miller's current backup) along with Hampton, Gordon, and Irvin depending on how their positions sort out. Depending on how things shake out, transferring, using his redshirt year and having 2 more years to play might seem more appealing than backing up Bryant again next year and having 1 more year. Either way it will be interesting.
    You think Myles stays around another year? Noted Draft "expert" Benjamin Solak has him as the No. 1 Corner in the drafted from the pac12.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

Bread said:

You think Myles stays around another year? Noted Draft "expert" Benjamin Solak has him as the No. 1 Corner in the drafted from the pac12.
    Gtfo, Jordan probably
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Don't really understand the Molden couch selling. Sure he has had a few bad plays but shit happens at cornerback.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,976
    I think you all misunderstood bannanagram. Molden isn't transferring because he is bad. He is transferring because be is good. If Molden wants to be a starter now he is going to transfer if he is content as a backup for a few years he will stay.
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Don't really understand the Molden couch selling. Sure he has had a few bad plays but shit happens at cornerback.

He's good. The question is is he willing to be Austin Joyner 2.0 and not start until he's a senior...if then.

I hope he stays.

Honestly I wish Molden would have redshirted last year but the coaches probably weren't confident Myles was going to hold down the position.
  • Options
    DawgsAllDay36DawgsAllDay36 Member Posts: 17
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Molden is not transferring. It’s a dumb argument. If anything Keith Taylor is more likely to transfer since Molden already gets more playing time than him. I suppose both of them could get beat out by the current freshman but knowing Pete’s program that will never happen even if they are more talented.

Starters:
    Molden/Taylor/Bryant/McKinney/Joyner

Irvin plays on dime packages. Gordon rotates in as third safety. These 2 are interchangeable but one of em will get moved to safety because our depth will be shit next year otherwise (see Gilchrist). If any of the starters fuck up at all they’ll get replaced.

Who is in disagreement? I’d love to hear it.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

I must have missed all of Fuller's catches. Dude has been balling out.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited September 2018

He's good. The question is is he willing to be Austin Joyner 2.0 and not start until he's a senior...if then.

I hope he stays.

Honestly I wish Molden would have redshirted last year but the coaches probably weren't confident Myles was going to hold down the position.
    Definitely should have redshirted and my guess is that Molden would develop and be a good player with more playing time.

I'm not saying Molden is Budda Baker, but Budda sucked his first few games his freshman year too. Game reps and experience matters. It's hard.