Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Leavitt

oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
edited September 2018 in Duck Refuge
Weak ass shit defense in the second half.

Didn't pressure the QB at all.

Big fucking FAIL.

Otherwise, we got a glimpse of what can be in the 1st half. If some of that boneheaded shit hadn't happened, like the stolen touchdown, the bad snap and the retarded fumble, we win.

The team is clearly tougher and held its own in the trenches, even bullied those fucks a bit. With more experience, better recruits and an ace QB to replace Herbert when he leaves, the sky is the limit.

Comments

• haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    edited September 2018
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    The D wasn't the issue. Stanford had under 100 yards rushing and Shaw was dead set on running it into a wood chipper.

Graham is a huge liability. This is four consecutive games where if they run a skinny to the wide side he won't be anywhere near it. He isn't very physical playing the ball either.

That was the best team the Ducks will play all year and it was beyond winnable.
    Mosster47 said:

The D wasn't the issue. Stanford had under 100 yards rushing and Shaw was dead set on running it into a wood chipper.

Graham is a huge liability. This is four consecutive games where if they run a skinny to the wide side he won't be anywhere near it. He isn't very physical playing the ball either.

Yeah that looked great on paper, and in the first half, but the defense was total shit against the passing game when it counted most late in the game. Leavitt was playing not to lose. And the fucker lost.

Mosster47 said:

Yeah that looked great on paper, and in the first half, but the defense was total shit against the passing game when it counted most late in the game. Leavitt was playing not to lose. And the fucker lost.
    No he wasn't. He had his best on their best and their best is WAY fucking better than everyone else in the conference.

He could have sent more but it would be pointless, they just throw the jump ball earlier.

The Ducks dominated every stat minus the turnovers and those two turnovers made the difference. Not much else to read into. Take care of the ball and it's an epic defensive performance.
    edited September 2018
    All the boneheaded, freak show shit makes me want to blow my brains out with a shotgun.

Skating on thin ice using a fucking freshman running back with a minute left instead of a more seasoned back who would have focused on protecting the ball, instead of trying to be a fucking hero for the extra yard and fumble away the fucking win.

Fuck.

@StrongArmCobra

@RuffaloSoldier
  • BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs

All the boneheaded, freak show shit makes me want to blow my brains out with a shotgun.

Skating on thin ice using a fucking freshman running back with a minute left instead of a more seasoned back who would have focused on protecting the ball, instead of trying to be a fucking hero for the extra yard and fumble away the fucking win.

Fuck.

@StrongArmCobra

@RuffaloSoldier

Epic choke job man. Worst I've ever seen by far. But hey, at least they played them close. Quality loss for Oregon.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Sounds like the coach had the right game plan but the kids failed to execute, they just need to clean some things up. Hypothetically this is a win and will be talked about as the cornerstone of the hypothetical natty.

Fuck you. Clock management at the end of the game was the biggest fuck up of all, and the blame for that lies squarely with the coaches.

If such bumbling, stupid clock mismanagement happens again, heads need to roll.

It wasn't stupid. Literally every coach ever goes for that first down, except for Jim Harbaugh, who is a super not good coach. You'll remember Sparty ended up winning. There is no play more dangerous in football than a punt against a desperate team.

It was 2nd & 2. If CJ gets two yards and hangs onto the ball it's over. Doogs will try to make Sark jokes but the kid fucked up. That's the long and short of it.

Now, if you want to be mad about the cute Big Boy lineup after the pylon call with a running back that hadn't been on the field all night and took the handoff off of his shoulder pads that's fair. I thought that was pretty stupid.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Fuck.

@StrongArmCobra

@RuffaloSoldier

Epic choke job man. Worst I've ever seen by far. But hey, at least they played them close. Quality loss for Oregon.
    Worst you've ever seen by far? OK!
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405
    You’ll
    Mosster47 said:

Fuck you. Clock management at the end of the game was the biggest fuck up of all, and the blame for that lies squarely with the coaches.

If such bumbling, stupid clock mismanagement happens again, heads need to roll.

It wasn't stupid. Literally every coach ever goes for that first down, except for Jim Harbaugh, who is a super not good coach. You'll remember Sparty ended up winning. There is no play more dangerous in football than a punt against a desperate team.

It was 2nd & 2. If CJ gets two yards and hangs onto the ball it's over. Doogs will try to make Sark jokes but the kid fucked up. That's the long and short of it.

You’ll remember Stanford ended up winning.

The game was already over.

Oregon could have kicked it into the fucking McKenzie River. There was no danger.

Quit lying to yourself.

• BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    Easily the worst choke job I've ever seen. The game went from being 31-7 Oregon to 24-21 Oregon in the span of three minutes of game time. Huge collapse. What an extremely improbably series of events that allowed Stanford back in the game and then gave them a chance to win it. Never seen anything like that. Oregon shit themselves so bad. Congrats on being a part of a Pac-12 Classic!

Easily the worst choke job I've ever seen. The game went from being 31-7 Oregon to 24-21 Oregon in the span of three minutes of game time. Huge collapse. What an extremely improbably series of events that allowed Stanford back in the game and then gave them a chance to win it. Never seen anything like that. Oregon shit themselves so bad. Congrats on being a part of a Pac-12 Classic!

You can't have it both ways sweetie. It can't be 31-7 and 24-21.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,907
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Remember the Alamo!
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,405

Remember the Alamo!
    Booked your tickets yet?

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker

Fuck.

@StrongArmCobra

@RuffaloSoldier

Kind of like Washington against Zona....Am I right?