Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

UW’s Chris Petersen says ‘people don’t appreciate’ Jake Browning’s toughness

Comments

• HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I’m tuff too! But I’m a pussy like Brownsocks
  • BlayenBlayen Member Posts: 102
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    One of the most frustrating things about Browning is the throws he simply doesn't even try. He won't pull the trigger on certain throws or windows.

This is one of the reasons he struggles so much with pressure. DC's know that there are certain parts of the field or certain looks he won't throw to. Its like they have extra DBs back there so they can bring pressure without any fear
  • MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    I know I sure don’t. Maybe because of bullshit like this:

http://i.imgur.com/beK6QdD.gif
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    dtd said:

Gaskin wide open off tackle to the right.
    all alone
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Everyone appreciates his tuffness insofar as "appreciates" means "acknowledges that it's real." Everyone who doesn't hate Washington hates his tuffness because he won't LEAVE!
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    "UW’s Chris Petersen says ‘people don’t appreciate’ Jake Browning’s toughness."

And?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    Honestly, I'm as big a critic of Brownsox as anyone, but watching his post-game interview revealed some subtle changes in his attitude and maturity. It may also have revealed that he's been seeing a counselor, or consulting with someone and he's dug into his psyche a bit to better understand why he's doing some of the boneheaded shit he does. While he's still too defensive and relies on some dumb points he thinks are clever, he's also analyzing where from inside of himself those bad decisions are originating. Not sure if everyone else caught it, but that deeper self-reflection, and some friendly advice from Gaskin about how and when to take a sack, means we could see a more conservative Jake that won't be taking as many chances trying to make miracle plays, which keep blowing up in his face. I don't want to see Brownsox fail, but I also don't want to see anymore of this Russell Wilson wannabe shit from him. If he plays within his capabilities he could play well enough to not hurt the team, and that may be all this year's squad needs to run the table.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dtd said:

That's at least 20 yards
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Toughness as a qb is the dumbest shit.
    You just have to not walk off the field and quit.

Takes zero talent. Retards could do it.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited September 2018

Honestly, I'm as big a critic of Brownsox as anyone, but watching his post-game interview revealed some subtle changes in his attitude and maturity. It may also have revealed that he's been seeing a counselor, or consulting with someone and he's dug into his psyche a bit to better understand why he's doing some of the boneheaded shit he does. While he's still too defensive and relies on some dumb points he thinks are clever, he's also analyzing where from inside of himself those bad decisions are originating. Not sure if everyone else caught it, but that deeper self-reflection, and some friendly advice from Gaskin about how and when to take a sack, means we could see a more conservative Jake that won't be taking as many chances trying to make miracle plays, which keep blowing up in his face. I don't want to see Brownsox fail, but I also don't want to see anymore of this Russell Wilson wannabe shit from him. If he plays within his capabilities he could play well enough to not hurt the team, and that may be all this year's squad needs to run the table.

Or someone who matters just explained to him he comes off like a major douche bag, he watched a clip of himself acting like an asshole on the sidelines while his teammates were showing leadership, and after 3+ fucking years he finally got it.

The asshole is still in there. He just had to acknowledge that a nice wrapping would be to his advantage. The NFL dissects QB draftees like no other position, and shitting your pants on the field and being a shitty leader off of it can cost you $$. I'm guessing someone has made this point to him.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He isn't Cody Pickett Idaho rodeo star TUFF.
  • HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    PurpleJ said:

He isn't Cody Pickett Idaho rodeo star TUFF.

Greatest wigger in program history
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    Standard Supporter
    Doogles said:

dtd said:

That's at least 20 yards
    Honestly tho, there's no throwing lane to complete that pass even if he saw Gaskin.

• GilbystaintGilbystaint Member Posts: 1,061

Toughness as a qb is the dumbest shit.
    You just have to not walk off the field and quit.

Takes zero talent. Retards could do it.

Chinned for proper Retards capitalization.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club
    Browning also missed a wide-open Gaskin on his infamous pick-6 play against Alabama.

Nothing new there. He just locks in on what he wants to do and gets tunnel vision.

Browning's target fixation, whether it's his primary recover or the first defender who might get a hit on him, is his undoing... and it appears that it's something that won't ever be coached out of him.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Or someone who matters just explained to him he comes off like a major douche bag, he watched a clip of himself acting like an asshole on the sidelines while his teammates were showing leadership, and after 3+ fucking years he finally got it.

The asshole is still in there. He just had to acknowledge that a nice wrapping would be to his advantage. The NFL Allstate dissects QB draftees Insurance Agents like no other position, and shitting your pants on the field and being a shitty leader off of it can cost you $$. I'm guessing someone has made this point to him.
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    Even fans of other teams now understand the limitations of Jake Browning:

"Utah needs to force Browning into mistakes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lilvu2ulrHk
  • dtddtd Member Posts: 3,997
    Standard Supporter
    Squirt said:

Even fans of other teams now understand the limitations of Jake Browning:

"Utah needs to force Browning into mistakes"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lilvu2ulrHk

That corner did a really good job catching the ball thrown right to him.