Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW’s Chris Petersen says ‘people don’t appreciate’ Jake Browning’s toughness

13»

Comments

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Honestly, I'm as big a critic of Brownsox as anyone, but watching his post-game interview revealed some subtle changes in his attitude and maturity. It may also have revealed that he's been seeing a counselor, or consulting with someone and he's dug into his psyche a bit to better understand why he's doing some of the boneheaded shit he does. While he's still too defensive and relies on some dumb points he thinks are clever, he's also analyzing where from inside of himself those bad decisions are originating. Not sure if everyone else caught it, but that deeper self-reflection, and some friendly advice from Gaskin about how and when to take a sack, means we could see a more conservative Jake that won't be taking as many chances trying to make miracle plays, which keep blowing up in his face. I don't want to see Brownsox fail, but I also don't want to see anymore of this Russell Wilson wannabe shit from him. If he plays within his capabilities he could play well enough to not hurt the team, and that may be all this year's squad needs to run the table.

Or someone who matters just explained to him he comes off like a major douche bag, he watched a clip of himself acting like an asshole on the sidelines while his teammates were showing leadership, and after 3+ fucking years he finally got it.

The asshole is still in there. He just had to acknowledge that a nice wrapping would be to his advantage. The NFL dissects QB draftees like no other position, and shitting your pants on the field and being a shitty leader off of it can cost you $$. I'm guessing someone has made this point to him.
    Wait. You think anyone in the NFL is watching Browning or has him on their draft board? Think again.
  • Options
    ExtraChrisBExtraChrisB Member Posts: 1,811
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Toughness as a qb is the dumbest shit.
    You just have to not walk off the field and quit.

Takes zero talent. Retards could do it.

Chinned for proper Retards capitalization.
    It was the start of a sentence...retard.