Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Google employees fight back

13»

Comments

• SFGbobSFGbob Member Posts: 31,919
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Other than what I've heard from you and Hondo I know nothing about it. It does appear to one of the few topics Hondo has a level of expertise in.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

It’s very apparent why the Woodshed no longer exists

The Shed survived for 20 years, it wasn’t until the liberal snowflakes took over that it got closed down.

Fuck those guys. They need to be taxed and regulated. Same with twitter and google.

Then we will have free speech.
    Sad.
    MAGA!
    They are free to run their business as they see fit but if they going to discriminate against political views they don't like they need to be transparent about it . As it is right now Twitter and Google claim they're non-partisan and that they don't censor content for political views unless that content violates their terms of use. If they want to come out and announce that being a Conservative is a violation have it.
    I'm sure you hold this business to the same standard.

photo 599FD69B-2820-4FA8-B473-56C93C6911A3_zpsar6p5zfh.jpg
    I don't have a problem with media outlets that have political views. Fox doesn't deny that there Conservative tilt to their opinion shows.
    Other than the fair and balanced tag line. Most honest news Network. What's the other one? Oh yeah..... We report, you decide.

Da fuq do you call that? When hannity gets called to the carpet, he hides behind the " I'm a pundit" curtain causes he's a pussy.
    I'll help you out Hondo. Hannity isn't news it's opinion. Their news broadcasts are the most balanced.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

The Shed survived for 20 years, it wasn’t until the liberal snowflakes took over that it got closed down.

Fuck those guys. They need to be taxed and regulated. Same with twitter and google.

Sad.
    MAGA!
    They are free to run their business as they see fit but if they going to discriminate against political views they don't like they need to be transparent about it . As it is right now Twitter and Google claim they're non-partisan and that they don't censor content for political views unless that content violates their terms of use. If they want to come out and announce that being a Conservative is a violation have it.

I don't have a problem with media outlets that have political views. Fox doesn't deny that there Conservative tilt to their opinion shows.
    Other than the fair and balanced tag line. Most honest news Network. What's the other one? Oh yeah..... We report, you decide.

Da fuq do you call that? When hannity gets called to the carpet, he hides behind the " I'm a pundit" curtain causes he's a pussy.
    I'll help you out Hondo. Hannity isn't news it's opinion. Their news broadcasts are the most balanced.
    No. They. Aren't. And you just made my point.
    Standard Supporter
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sad.
    MAGA!

Brilliant rebuttal Hondo. The way you marshaled all of that evidence in support of your claim was very impressive. "No. They. Aren't." And here I thought you were going to go with the "rent free in his head" Kunt act. But instead you went with the "No. They. Aren't." Which I believe is the very same tactic Lincoln used to defeat Douglas. Bravo Kunt.
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sad.
    MAGA!

Brilliant rebuttal Hondo. The way you marshaled all of that evidence in support of your claim was very impressive. "No. They. Aren't." And here I thought you were going to go with the "rent free in his head" Kunt act. But instead you went with the "No. They. Aren't." Which I believe is the very same tactic Lincoln used to defeat Douglas. Bravo Kunt.
    If you think Fox news broadcasts are the most balanced. I have some ocean front property in the mountains of Arizona to sell you.
    Standard Supporter
    edited September 2018
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sad.
    MAGA!

If you think Fox news broadcasts are the most balanced. I have some ocean front property in the mountains of Arizona to sell you.
    Are you capable of responding without fucking strawman ass Hondo?

I think Fox News has an obvious tilt to the right. And I think pretty much every other news outlet tilts to the left, some heavily. How about you? Do you believe the MSM has a liberal bias?
    SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sad.
    MAGA!

I think Fox News has an obvious tilt to the right. And I think pretty much every other news outlet tilts to the left, some heavily. How about you? Do you believe the MSM has a liberal bias?
    First define the msm? That is a rallying cry for the right since Rush in the 90s. But if you look at the media across the country, more newspapers are conservative than liberal (do you really think the newspaper in Topeka Kansas is liberal?) Local news TV channels are the same, I live in Spokane, they aren't liberal. Second, the only outlet that's as liberal as Fox news is conservative, is MSNBC.

The reality is, the media is fucking lazy. Washington Post, NY times etc are all just chasing the shiny object. At this point in time, Trump gives them a shit ton of shiny objects daily and Trump loves it as much as he hates it. Obama was boring as fuck and gave the media nothing as he really didn't do anything after 2010 other than campaign and bitch about racism. Not to mention, how can a failing newspaper (NY times) be considered mainstream?

So to answer your question, no the msm isn't liberal. There's a mix of everything and you have to read and watch a variety of sources as the truth is somewhere in the middle.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,676
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sad.
    MAGA!

First define the msm? That is a rallying cry for the right since Rush in the 90s. But if you look at the media across the country, more newspapers are conservative than liberal (do you really think the newspaper in Topeka Kansas is liberal?) Local news TV channels are the same, I live in Spokane, they aren't liberal. Second, the only outlet that's as liberal as Fox news is conservative, is MSNBC.

The reality is, the media is fucking lazy. Washington Post, NY times etc are all just chasing the shiny object. At this point in time, Trump gives them a shit ton of shiny objects daily and Trump loves it as much as he hates it. Obama was boring as fuck and gave the media nothing as he really didn't do anything after 2010 other than campaign and bitch about racism. Not to mention, how can a failing newspaper (NY times) be considered mainstream?

So to answer your question, no the msm isn't liberal. There's a mix of everything and you have to read and watch a variety of sources as the truth is somewhere in the middle.
    Define MSM? You disingenuous fuck.

Go fuck yourself.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited September 2018
    Another thread hijacked by the Bob and Hondo freak show. Would you two get a room already.

How about the idea of forcing search engines and social media websites to disclose their bias and the fact that they censor and remove posts that don't jive with their political agenda. On every page they operate, bold and in all caps?

I think this is actually great middle ground between letting them do as they see fit as private companies, and punishing their big brother, Orwellian censorship practices. It would put a large dent in their bottom line, encourage them to change their ways, and encourage competition and demand for uncensored search engines/social media websites. Who wants the stain of being known as an anti-free speech censor?

Another thread hijacked by the Bob and Hondo freak show. Would you two get a room already.

How about the idea of forcing search engines and social media websites to disclose their bias and the fact that they censor and remove posts that don't jive with their political agenda. On every page they operate, bold and in all caps?

I think this is actually great middle ground between letting them do as they see fit as private companies, and punishing their big brother, Orwellian censorship practices. It would put a large dent in their bottom line, encourage them to change their ways, and encourage competition and demand for uncensored search engines/social media websites. Who wants the stain of being known as an anti-free speech censor?

That sounds like government intervention.. But why the hate for social media. Don't you think that disclosure should go for all media then?
  • TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,735
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sad.
    MAGA!

Wood.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,463
    2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

2001400ex said:

SFGbob said:

SFGbob said:

Sad.
    MAGA!

Yes FOX "NEWS" broadcasts are. Opinion shows like Hannity etc. are not. I know it's hard to distinguish the differences since you think Morning Joe is news.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    SFGbob said:

Other than what I've heard from you and Hondo I know nothing about it. It does appear to one of the few topics Hondo has a level of expertise in.

don't forget Hondo spends his days beneath the Queensboro Bridge, jerking off punks at $15 a man
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    Founders Club
    man I love that line