Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Kyle Ford, 4* 2019 WR, Anaheim (Servite), CA (Offered 5/21/17)

Comments

• Options
    Jack_CobraJack_Cobra Member Posts: 246
    Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Mosster47 said:

The rumor is he is all Oregon. Giles Jackson and Jameson Williams both wanted to commit and were told no so they will end up at Michigan and tOSU. Those are big time caliber kids to be telling no unless you have the guy you want lined up.

Oregon been recruiting him the hardest for a long time. UW swoops in after not recruiting him very hard, get an official visit for the least exciting game of the season, and immediately leap in front of Oregon. Sounds about right to me. Smart kid. He'll be a Dawg.
    oregon... paper champions. uw will finish with higher ranked class. maybe high than usc.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,060
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    At least Florence will kill me before he goes elsewhere.
  • Options
    dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,825
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Domicillo said:

Wiltfong posted something about how he made the crystal ball pick "based on the current pulse of recruiting". He is a a guy who puts in a cb and changes it later.

In short, this is a "things change all the time in recruiting, ups and downs, etc" cristoball

It’s also the “hey everyone, clickbait!” model
    Just a lil edjamakation on “click bait.” Google rewards you for “referring clicks” meaning they like it when Roof posts a link in her Facebook feed and it has a link back to her website and people click from her post in fb to the link which lands them on her website. Google also knows the difference between organic/free refererral traffic and paid. Those articles at the bottom of websites that are mostly crazy titles or chicks with big ones, paid and google doesn’t reward those.

Point being... this was not an example of click bait. Sorry had to swing my big dick of knowledge around. I’ll put it back now.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mosster47 said:

The rumor is he is all Oregon. Giles Jackson and Jameson Williams both wanted to commit and were told no so they will end up at Michigan and tOSU. Those are big time caliber kids to be telling no unless you have the guy you want lined up.

Oregon been recruiting him the hardest for a long time. UW swoops in after not recruiting him very hard, get an official visit for the least exciting game of the season, and immediately leap in front of Oregon. Sounds about right to me. Smart kid. He'll be a Dawg.
    oregon... paper champions. uw will finish with higher ranked class. maybe high than usc.
    StrongBad did you really need an alt?
  • Options
    HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

Domicillo said:

Wiltfong posted something about how he made the crystal ball pick "based on the current pulse of recruiting". He is a a guy who puts in a cb and changes it later.

In short, this is a "things change all the time in recruiting, ups and downs, etc" cristoball

Just a lil edjamakation on “click bait.” Google rewards you for “referring clicks” meaning they like it when Roof posts a link in her Facebook feed and it has a link back to her website and people click from her post in fb to the link which lands them on her website. Google also knows the difference between organic/free refererral traffic and paid. Those articles at the bottom of websites that are mostly crazy titles or chicks with big ones, paid and google doesn’t reward those.

Point being... this was not an example of click bait. Sorry had to swing my big dick of knowledge around. I’ll put it back now.
    "You wont believe who the TOP 5 new Wiltfong CBS are (#4 will blow your mind)"
    Link???
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Domicillo said:

Link???
    You realize I'd get a notification for this post whether you atted me or not, right?
  • Options

Domicillo said:

Link???
    You realize I'd get a notification for this post whether you atted me or not, right?
    Ever wonder what happened to dnc? Watch Grundle DESTROY him in this exclusive video! NSFW!!!
    You'll never guess what child poaster @dnc looks like today
    You won’t believe how these 81 TBS clickbaits work. Number 53 is a game changer!!
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Thanks for the free weekend trip to Seattle!
    Sources said:

Can you name the top 17 HCH Duck trolls? Number 6 will give you goosebumps!

Looks like a good morning in the Camano blind.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Crawfish said:

animate said:

I just finished listening to the pod ... TSIO crew, there's one thing that hasn't been addressed re: Ford's recruitment - is the relational influence that Ford intimated himself.

“I know a lot of guys out there. Julius Irvin was my host but I know Austin Osborne, Keith Taylor and Marquis Spiker really well too and I was with all those guys the whole weekend. They all love it there and since we’re friends, they can keep it real with me and told me how things are and how happy they are with being at Washington.”

This shit is really important, especially with regards to teenagers. Relational influence is a huge indicator. Peer influence is huge.

The above quote says a ton ... and as Biggins thinks that UW is a legit contender this quote is very telling.

That's what I was getting at with the other thread.

- look at the other schools Ford is focusing on. How many peer groups is he hooked up with? Did Colorado have it? I don't have access to his visit quotes.
    - Oregon? If he has the same scenario they will be possibly the biggest threat.
    - Michigan? They just took Daxton Hill today, bigtime recruiting year for Michigan and Harbaugh. Kids usually want to be a part of such shit. So, that's a threat.
    - Ohio State? Well, they're Ohio State
    - USC is imploding. Big question mark. Same with UCLA.

Look at all these schools and mash together a point system of location (r/t Cali), trajectory, football prowess and history and peer group, academics and coaching system.

Ford sees guys like Julius Irvin, Spiker, Osborne, Taylor etc ... guys just a year or two connected with Ford and who made the leap from California to Washington. Ford trusts what they say and thus the bridge really isn't that big anymore.

I've been saying for years now about how important the Poly Bowl is. Look at Tuli last year, he was hanging out with the UW croots ... look where he went to. We have Shelton back this year again and an honorary captain/ambassador again and he's a huge influence. Look at all the UW croots going this year ... it's going to be bigtime. That spills over to 2020 croots like Botelho etc ...

Hey, guess which UW targets are at the Poly Bowl this year?

Yeah, Ford, Foskey, Ika, McCoy, To'oto'o ... which of those guys have UW in their top 5 and no USC/UCLA? Which of those guys have UW as their only West Coast school? Interesting ....

We won't even mention Tuitele, Buelow, Kalepo ... and the rest of UW commits like Asa Turner etc ...

I want to let you know that I read your whole post.

And im fucking Right too! Yeah boi!
  • Options
    Crawfish said:

animate said:

I just finished listening to the pod ... TSIO crew, there's one thing that hasn't been addressed re: Ford's recruitment - is the relational influence that Ford intimated himself.

“I know a lot of guys out there. Julius Irvin was my host but I know Austin Osborne, Keith Taylor and Marquis Spiker really well too and I was with all those guys the whole weekend. They all love it there and since we’re friends, they can keep it real with me and told me how things are and how happy they are with being at Washington.”

This shit is really important, especially with regards to teenagers. Relational influence is a huge indicator. Peer influence is huge.

The above quote says a ton ... and as Biggins thinks that UW is a legit contender this quote is very telling.

That's what I was getting at with the other thread.

- look at the other schools Ford is focusing on. How many peer groups is he hooked up with? Did Colorado have it? I don't have access to his visit quotes.
    - Oregon? If he has the same scenario they will be possibly the biggest threat.
    - Michigan? They just took Daxton Hill today, bigtime recruiting year for Michigan and Harbaugh. Kids usually want to be a part of such shit. So, that's a threat.
    - Ohio State? Well, they're Ohio State
    - USC is imploding. Big question mark. Same with UCLA.

Look at all these schools and mash together a point system of location (r/t Cali), trajectory, football prowess and history and peer group, academics and coaching system.

Ford sees guys like Julius Irvin, Spiker, Osborne, Taylor etc ... guys just a year or two connected with Ford and who made the leap from California to Washington. Ford trusts what they say and thus the bridge really isn't that big anymore.

I've been saying for years now about how important the Poly Bowl is. Look at Tuli last year, he was hanging out with the UW croots ... look where he went to. We have Shelton back this year again and an honorary captain/ambassador again and he's a huge influence. Look at all the UW croots going this year ... it's going to be bigtime. That spills over to 2020 croots like Botelho etc ...

Hey, guess which UW targets are at the Poly Bowl this year?

Yeah, Ford, Foskey, Ika, McCoy, To'oto'o ... which of those guys have UW in their top 5 and no USC/UCLA? Which of those guys have UW as their only West Coast school? Interesting ....

We won't even mention Tuitele, Buelow, Kalepo ... and the rest of UW commits like Asa Turner etc ...

I want to let you know that I read your whole post.

#MeToo
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited September 2018
    I started to, but it got pretty long and I had the gist of it.

“ISkimmedOverIt