Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Leaving Home.

I'm sure this is old news, but I haven't until recently followed UW recruiting this year. I just read an article in the Seattle Times about Budda Baker's older brother currently serving time in prison for armed robbery. Of course as everybody probably understands, this is news because Budda is the state's top recruit for the 2014 class. Preparing with his Bellevue HS teammates for their class-3A championship game, the phenom reportedly is still considering UW as well as Oregon and UCLA. Although we should never blame or criticize a kid for deciding to leave his home territory to pursue his college experience elsewhere, the thought occurred that Budda could obviously have more than just adventure and football glory in mind when he makes his decision on which college to attend.

Although it appears that young Baker remains close at least in spirit to his brother, we know from history that should he become a Husky, we can count on The Seattle Times ands others in the Puget Sound media to repeat his family's story again and again. Budda may be as tough as nails when it comes to public notoriety which would not be surprising given his prep football success, but if he decides on Oregon or far off UCLA, I hope we remember that the kid may have more reason for getting the hell out of Dodge that most of us by the grace of God can ever imagine.

Comments

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    WDWHA just like Jack.
  • Options
    DawgtonaDawgtona Member Posts: 705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If he goes to UCLA he won't be shit.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    He should go to the NFL so he can take care of his family.
  • Options
    RaccoonHarryRaccoonHarry Member Posts: 2,160
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Ruth says he's a Husky lean, with UCLA #2. Look for him to sign with Oregon.
  • Options
    TailgaterTailgater Member Posts: 1,389
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    I think he'll choose Oregon as well, but for a different reason. One of the Insider recruiting experts at doogman reported earlier this year that there's no way Budda would go to any school where Jack is at. The strong hint was that there's something between these two talented kids and former teammates at Bellevue that will keep them separated forever. Of course, the inside info that Baker is still considering UCLA must be wrong,..... right?
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tailgater said:

I think he'll choose Oregon as well, but for a different reason. One of the Insider recruiting experts at doogman reported earlier this year that there's no way Budda would go to any school where Jack is at. The strong hint was that there's something between these two talented kids and former teammates at Bellevue that will keep them separated forever. Of course, the inside info that Baker is still considering UCLA must be wrong,..... right?

Stop listening to what those idiots say.
  • Options
    Don't forget to look for some cynicism wherever the words Insider expert show up, especially on the subject of recruiting. Remember that those are the guys who bought 100% into Sark-Coz's indifference and lack of concern when signing only two middling-starred OL recruits to LOI's for the 2011 class.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    2012 was a bumper crop.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,910
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    single parent household
  • Options
    puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    What black athlete doesnt have home issues? Statistically speaking 80% do according to census. Jesus, by your logic USC should land 20% of their target recruits If recruits needed to avoid the papers and get away.

Im sorry tailgater, i've been sharing posts with you for many years, but I just dont see where youre comin from. Again, what black athlete doesnt have a brother, brothers and/or dad in jail or had (stats confirm)? Going to a fine university is enough. How does getting out of Washington and away from the Seattle Times solve Baker's problems. Nobody reads the times anyway. Sheesh Petersen will make Baker's parents or parent feel quite comfortable. An article will only last a few days anyway (for those who bother reading it to begin with)
  • Options
    Sorry, I disagree with your stats. Most black kids who do enough to become Div.1-A recruits do not have parents or siblings in jail or other serious issues at home such as drug or alcohol addiction any more so than whites or Hispanics. No matter how talented or athletically gifted they might be, football even at the high school level is hard work for those who chase dreams of major college scholarships. If you think otherwise, it only tells me that you watch too much reality TV fiction. And obviously I read the Seattle Times and other news rags because I'm addicted to reading and everybody I know is similarly afflicted.
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Mora has a fence around Washington.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    FFS, they are BLICK not black.