Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Johnny Manziel: What Jake Locker could have been...

2»

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Locker Beat USC twice, won the holiday bowl championship, beat Pete, put the team on his back against tOSU, beat BYU before the refs fagged out and gave us Owen.

@byu and Nebraska to start his Heisman campaign were games you could say he didn't rise to the occasion. @BYU was a lot to do with play calling if I recall as well.

Either way im a stalker for Locker and I'll never change so fuck the haters.

It wasn't just BYU and Nebraska. Locker had a bunch of shitty games.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Doogles said:

Locker Beat USC twice, won the holiday bowl championship, beat Pete, put the team on his back against tOSU, beat BYU before the refs fagged out and gave us Owen.

@byu and Nebraska to start his Heisman campaign were games you could say he didn't rise to the occasion. @BYU was a lot to do with play calling if I recall as well.

This.
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

This.
    Agree. I've never really gotten the Locker bashing. He was easily the best option at the time. Also, anyone who thinks Pete's teams wouldn't have been substantially more competitive so far with him, well ..... you're fooling yourself if you don't believe it, you're kidding yourself if you don't believe it .... Come on ....
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Doogles said:

This.
    Agree. I've never really gotten the Locker bashing. He was easily the best option at the time. Also, anyone who thinks Pete's teams wouldn't have been substantially more competitive so far with him, well ..... you're fooling yourself if you don't believe it, you're kidding yourself if you don't believe it .... Come on ....
    You sound like Griswold here
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,415
    Founders Club
    It's not about "bashing" Locker. It's about countering the demiGod status bestowed upon him by the UW athletic department and doogs.
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,680
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

It's not about "bashing" Locker. It's about countering the demiGod status bestowed upon him by the UW athletic department and doogs.

Seems like most of that eventually died out anyways. I think that, aside from a few funny doogs and a few unfunny doog website admins, most Lockner fans resigned themselves to simply trying to get his good points acknowledged alongside the bad.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    chuck said:

Seems like most of that eventually died out anyways. I think that, aside from a few funny doogs and a few unfunny doog website admins, most Lockner fans resigned themselves to simply trying to get his good points acknowledged alongside the bad.
    There's still a few doogs even here who think we'd have won the natty with him in 2016, but overall, agree.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

chuck said:

There's still a few doogs even here who think we'd have won the natty with him in 2016, but overall, agree.
    With the Locker any of us ever saw? Haha no

With the hypothetical Locker that a hypothetical coach would have brought out? Yeah, I guess. He had the physical talent to carry a team at the highest level.

That hypothetical coach doesn't exist. You can't fix stupid.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,397
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    chuck said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

With the hypothetical Locker that a hypothetical coach would have brought out? Yeah, I guess. He had the physical talent to carry a team at the highest level.

All I'm saying is that there's a possible world where this scenario could exist...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

All I'm saying is that there's a possible world where this scenario could exist...
    Every possible scenario can and does exist...except this one. I've checked the math.
  • Options

chuck said:

dnc said:

chuck said:

Disagree.

Lockner was damaged goods!
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,478
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chip Kelly made Masoli and Thomas look like all-americans. Locker at Oregon would have been chinteresting.

Odds are @Mosster47 would still be waiting for him to get his reads down.
  • Options
    Doogles said:

Chip Kelly made Masoli and Thomas look like all-americans. Locker at Oregon would have been chinteresting.

Odds are @Mosster47 would still be waiting for him to get his reads down.

This is the one scenario I will allow for Natty Lockner
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,742
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Manziel ran on scrambles, Locker ran on designed plays. No way Locker runs for 1400 yards in the SEC as a freshman.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

This.
    The last time Jale Locker was a good QB was when he played at Ferndale.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Quite frankly, Mitch, I don't deal in hypotheticals, unless it involves REAL Jake. He never got QB corching. Petersmens succeeded with Zabransky, and would have ripped shit with Real Jake. Fuck off.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,632
    He would have crushed it under sark