Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Johnny Manziel: What Jake Locker could have been...

DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,420 Founders Club
edited February 2013 in Hardcore Husky Board
... had Sarkisian not tried to make him into a Dan Marino-style pocket passer.

Jake was every bit the same talent as a runner as Manziel and was bigger and stronger too.

Manziel's Cotton Bowl highlights.

Comments

• SweatpantsGeneralSweatpantsGeneral Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,099 Swaye's Wigwam
    Agreed. I remember watching the Syracuse and Boise State games his first year and thinking the sky's the limit....
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Totally disagree. Manziel can actually throw the ball with competence and accuracy:

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/517475/johnny-manziel

Jack Lockner was never remotely close to that efficiency as a passer.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 62,420 Founders Club
    Jake was a much more accurate passer while on the run, than when parked in the pocket. Incidentally, he would still be having the same sub par NFL career regardless.
  • DeLarryDeLarry Member Posts: 230
    Jake was nowhere near the passer Manziel is, on the run or from the pocket. He also seemed to wilt in big situations. Locker, and I liked the guy, more often than not found ways to come up small when it counted.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    If anyone in the NFL had half a brain they would go 0-16 next year, take Johnny football with the first pick in 14' draft and then hire Chip to pop off. SB baby.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,485 Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

J?

You lying fuck J, you never played sports
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 36,936 Founders Club
    JFF and Masoli are what we would call "co-dependents"
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,852
    Derek may need to gulag himself for this statement
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Totally disagree. Manziel can actually throw the ball with competence and accuracy:

Boobs please come back d00d, we need you now more than ever!
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    DeLarry said:

Jake was nowhere near the passer Manziel is, on the run or from the pocket. He also seemed to wilt in big situations. Locker, and I liked the guy, more often than not found ways to come up small when it counted.

i respect your opinion, but i actually disagree on this based on Jake keeping us close with Ohio State single handedly, pulling that epic win against USC after he was crushed by Shareece Wright, and a few other games against Oregon, BYU and WSU. I personally think the "stepping up in big games wilting thing" is actually more a product of both Ty completely leaving Jake on his own while the rest of the team boycotted and then the Sark forcing everyone into a system that didn't align with Jake's skills. He rotted with us.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    also at Notre Dame when he threw that straight arm and we lost after fucking up 8 plays in a row at the goal line. That wasn't Jake coming up small in my eyes.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    Meek said:

DeLarry said:

i respect your opinion, but i actually disagree on this based on Jake keeping us close with Ohio State single handedly, pulling that epic win against USC after he was crushed by Shareece Wright, and a few other games against Oregon, BYU and WSU. I personally think the "stepping up in big games wilting thing" is actually more a product of both Ty completely leaving Jake on his own while the rest of the team boycotted and then the Sark forcing everyone into a system that didn't align with Jake's skills. He rotted with us.
    WTF? "I respect your opinion" on this bored?
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 19,968 Founders Club
    dnc said:

Boobs please come back d00d, we need you now more than ever!
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    At times like this, its important to remember that no one on this site knows what the fuck they're talking about
  • chuckchuck Member, Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,937 Swaye's Wigwam
    Meek said:

DeLarry said:

Agree. He shit the bed against Nebraska twice (they shit it worse the second time). He never really did aside from those games though. He was never a good quarterback, but wasn't any worse in the clutch than out of it. Could be argued that he stepped up a bit.

Sark > Ty statement...Locker came up with more big plays in tight games than our current QB has (anything is more than zero, I know).