Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Follow up to my tweet on P12 recruiting vs. NFL Draft

2»

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

The USC data is super damning and will only get worse under Helton

Did anybody else catch the coaching dig during the draft when talking about how Darnold showed minimal improvement from Year 1 and 2 and how much he will be coached up quickly at the NFL level?

You think Helton's worse at developing players than Sark/Kiffen?
    Yes

And moreso, I think the area where there is going to be an even bigger gap is that Helton’s recruiting will gradually start falling off in part as we get stronger. The fact that Helton’s group is largely super lazy by offering guys we offer immediately after we offer them isn’t a good look
    I’m mostly with you on recruiting. I don’t think he’s any worse of a developer than his post Carroll predecessors though.
    Darnold’s regression isn’t a good look

The next 2-3 years will be telling

If he’s an absolute disaster he will get fired ... so I’m hoping he’s at least moderately competent. The longer Helton holds the SC job the better for UW
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Helton has one more year. USC may fuck up the hires but they fire fast
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Did anybody else catch the coaching dig during the draft when talking about how Darnold showed minimal improvement from Year 1 and 2 and how much he will be coached up quickly at the NFL level?

Yes

And moreso, I think the area where there is going to be an even bigger gap is that Helton’s recruiting will gradually start falling off in part as we get stronger. The fact that Helton’s group is largely super lazy by offering guys we offer immediately after we offer them isn’t a good look
    I’m mostly with you on recruiting. I don’t think he’s any worse of a developer than his post Carroll predecessors though.

If he’s an absolute disaster he will get fired ... so I’m hoping he’s at least moderately competent. The longer Helton holds the SC job the better for UW
    I doubt any QB would feel negative about Darnold. He went #3.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Yes

I doubt any QB would feel negative about Darnold. He went #3.
    Not saying the #3 is a good look ... saying that the criticism of the staff isn’t a good look
  • Options

Helton has one more year. USC may fuck up the hires but they fire fast

Been there 2 years and has a Rose Bowl, conference title, and 2 BCS games ... they aren’t firing him any time soon

The sneaking in element for him is ideal for UW
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

The Pirate may be insane but he clearly works.

Meanwhile, UCLA is still where Blue Chips go to become Charmin soft.

Oh and water is wet.
    Leach is one of the best at getting good results out of sub-standard raw materials. No way to say whether he could get great results out of better raw materials, because he has never had the chance to prove it.

Oklahoma won a MNC using the Air Raid, but it was a year after Leach left and the Air Raid was still relatively new and different back then.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,536
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I was surprised that USC didn't fire Helton on the 50 after the bowl game loss.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    AIRWOLF said:

Oh and water is wet.
    Leach is one of the best at getting good results out of sub-standard raw materials. No way to say whether he could get great results out of better raw materials, because he has never had the chance to prove it.

Oklahoma won a MNC using the Air Raid, but it was a year after Leach left and the Air Raid was still relatively new and different back then.
    Leach at USC might do some fucking damage
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

AIRWOLF said:

Oh and water is wet.

I think he would win more that he would lose lol
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited May 2018
    dnc said:

AIRWOLF said:

Oh and water is wet.

He’d be a disaster there
    A competently run Air Raid offense (with some balance) would be great there. As for Leach running that program as the coach/CEO...

• Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    https://mobile.twitter.com/UWAthletics/status/991103054828130304

Added because I like the way it looks.

I’m also surprised Oregon has just 1 per year, because I heard they have more active players in the NFL. Made me think they’ve been churning them out.

Huh.... weird...