Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Henry Roberts?

is it a foregone conclusion that he is a bust?

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited February 2018

is it a foregone conclusion that he is a bust?

Sure under a coaching staff like Sark had. I’d say LIPO see what Pete can do with development
  • Options
    whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member Posts: 12,513
    I'd say he's a bust until he isn't. Last year, he was a RS So who played in 7 games as a sub, which is probably what we should expect for an average OL. I'll change my mind if he can win a spot inside during fall camp.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,943
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    He's a guy who had all the intangibles coming out of high school but never adjusted to the college game. Playing in Bellevue's system didn't help him.

He is still a Tupou candidate but he'll have to beat out Bain or Wattenberg, which doesn't seem likely.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

He's a guy who had all the intangibles coming out of high school but never adjusted to the college game. Playing in Bellevue's system didn't help him.

He is still a Tupou candidate but he'll have to beat out Bain or Wattenberg, which doesn't seem likely.

Wooosh?
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    He better get on something quick because we need it. PSU game had me so disappointed in our interior OL. DDY and Coker may be satisfied, but I'd say Huff still has a lot to prove on both the recruiting and coaching fronts. Ale? Fish that should jump in the boat before you even cast. Curne? Decent, but not great. I love Mele as a project, but he's at least two years and 30 pounds away.

Nick Harris didn't look any better, Adams looked worse to start, and everybody else mostly held serve. Those guys on the inside better bulk the fuck up and start moving people.
  • Options
    RealRhinoRealRhino Member Posts: 615
    Not amazing. Powerful, yes. Seems to have a means streak. A lot work with, but a ways to go, IMO.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    RealRhino said:

He better get on something quick because we need it. PSU game had me so disappointed in our interior OL. DDY and Coker may be satisfied, but I'd say Huff still has a lot to prove on both the recruiting and coaching fronts. Ale? Fish that should jump in the boat before you even cast. Curne? Decent, but not great. I love Mele as a project, but he's at least two years and 30 pounds away.

Nick Harris didn't look any better, Adams looked worse to start, and everybody else mostly held serve. Those guys on the inside better bulk the fuck up and start moving people.

Huff still has to prove it as a coach, but he had a very good year recruiting. Hopefully there will be improvements in his second year in the field. I think it will happen. We should have a good OL next year.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter

I feel like the O line did pretty good, especially after Trey got hurt. Small sample size but Huff is off to a good start.

As far as Roberts goes, his biggest contribution to this day is a picture he took with Trey in his underwear getting Jimmy Johns.

#WhyTreyStay
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Wooosh?
    Code for white with a solid home life ... it's hard Dennis
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,818
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Expecting anything out of Roberts at this point is likely expecting too much
  • Options
    GreenRiverGatorzGreenRiverGatorz Member Posts: 10,147
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

We? always get the shitty Bellevue linemen

Eh, he's been the only shitty one (so far) out of all of the Bellevue OL. Schilling, DeCastro, and Eldrenkamp all had good to great college careers.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,482
    Standard Supporter

We? always get the shitty Bellevue linemen

Eh, he's been the only shitty one (so far) out of all of the Bellevue OL. Schilling, DeCastro, and Eldrenkamp all had good to great college careers.
    I forgot Eldrenkamp was WOLVERINES. The other guys went elsewhere, so 81% of my poont stands.