Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Henry Roberts?

Comments

• guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    I dunno.... Our? tackles are great, but I'm not so sure about the interior.

Bain looks like a keeper, but he's a RS freshman who's never played a snap. Harris will be playing center for the first time, probably his natural spot, but there's gonna be some growing pains with learning a new position. Wattenburg's promising... but he's not a sure thing by any means.

The overall depth is a flaming hot sack of syphilitic rhino shit.... but Strausser is a GOOD coach!1!
  • NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    guntlove said:

I dunno.... Our? tackles are great, but I'm not so sure about the interior.

Bain looks like a keeper, but he's a RS freshman who's never played a snap. Harris will be playing center for the first time, probably his natural spot, but there's gonna be some growing pains with learning a new position. Wattenburg's promising... but he's not a sure thing by any means.

The overall depth is a flaming hot sack of syphilitic rhino shit.... but Strausser is a GOOD coach!1!

Pete hasn’t let me down regarding player development. I wouldn’t give up him. Plus don’t forget the 1-2 guys that will come out of nowhere like Nick Harris
  • AEBAEB Member Posts: 2,971
    I dooged on Harris, and I thought C would be his position and hoped he would be a baby Garcia given Harris’ nastiness.

After getting his shit pushed in last year, especially in pass pro, I think he’s a low 3* rated prospect, he is what he is. At C, NTs are going to blast him in pass pro. I’m not knocking him personally, but he made little progress in pass pro last year, and I just don’t see it.
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    AEB said:

I dooged on Harris, and I thought C would be his position and hoped he would be a baby Garcia given Harris’ nastiness.

After getting his shit pushed in last year, especially in pass pro, I think he’s a low 3* rated prospect, he is what he is. At C, NTs are going to blast him in pass pro. I’m not knocking him personally, but he made little progress in pass pro last year, and I just don’t see it.

Agreed.

I think Harris is going to be so-so. There will be a game or two where we will all start to think much more fondly of Coleman Shelton, *cough* Auburn *cough*.
    edited February 2018
    AEB said:

Freshman and Redshirt Freshman meat is a lot different than Upperclasman meat. In all reality he should be a redshirt frosh this year
  • WoofWoof Member Posts: 769

AEB said:

Freshman and Redshirt Freshman meat is a lot different than Upperclasman meat. In all reality he should be a redshirt sophomore this year
    Fixed. Unless you were suggesting he should have been greyshirted.
    Woof said:

AEB said:

Freshman and Redshirt Freshman meat is a lot different than Upperclasman meat. In all reality he should be a redshirt sophomore this year
    Fixed. Unless you were suggesting he should have been greyshirted.
    But still!
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    Is it a forgone conclusion that new fish posters take 2 years to lay down 1 descent thread? Pup hit the ground running his very 1st post...then again Pup is unique
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,327 Swaye's Wigwam

I had the pleasure of meeting Henry Roberts father, like no shit, for real. Nice guy, sorry no pics, and yes, I wood. That being said the impression I got was they were hoping for the slow strategy, and education was the main focus for HR. They saw who was on campus and knew it would be a while before he saw the field, I believe he specifically called Trey a monster. When your kid is a monster and you refer to another kid as a monster, that has to say something right? He also said it was really hard to turn down the Stanford education / degree, but felt CP was the most honest upfront recruiter they encountered. Nothing was sugarcoated. So my guess is our? best bet is a fifth year senior moment.

Keep working that Backpage hooligan!!
    Gotta get that paper.
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,327 Swaye's Wigwam

I had the pleasure of meeting Henry Roberts father, like no shit, for real. Nice guy, sorry no pics, and yes, I wood. That being said the impression I got was they were hoping for the slow strategy, and education was the main focus for HR. They saw who was on campus and knew it would be a while before he saw the field, I believe he specifically called Trey a monster. When your kid is a monster and you refer to another kid as a monster, that has to say something right? He also said it was really hard to turn down the Stanford education / degree, but felt CP was the most honest upfront recruiter they encountered. Nothing was sugarcoated. So my guess is our? best bet is a fifth year senior moment.

Did he offer any opinion on those Hardcore Husky guys?
    No, no he did not. Which is a tad hurtful. Understandable, but hurtful nonetheless.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    Nick Harris' natural position is dominator at Montana State.

He's a skrong B+ in the run game (again, whipping WSU is not the goal here), but against teams like Penn State he's like an F in pass pro.

While I understand why we? are moving him to center, is it really exciting to move a guy who can't pass pro to the coveted position of CENTER?

Harris is effective pulling because he can move and does a good job keeping his bearings, chipping people and getting solid contact on second level targets. Honestly, his best position in our offense is probably WTE, but he's too short for it.

This is YET ANOTHER reason why we should never fucking pass.

The upside here is that Auburn's DC may be smart enough to realize this and Jake will get maimed in the first quarter.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited February 2018

He's a skrong B+ in the run game (again, whipping WSU is not the goal here), but against teams like Penn State he's like an F in pass pro.

While I understand why we? are moving him to center, is it really exciting to move a guy who can't pass pro to the coveted position of CENTER?

Harris is effective pulling because he can move and does a good job keeping his bearings, chipping people and getting solid contact on second level targets. Honestly, his best position in our offense is probably WTE, but he's too short for it.

The upside here is that Auburn's DC may be smart enough to realize this and Jake will get maimed in the first quarter.

For fuck sakes noo. That means he red shirts. I can’t handle a 5th year of Jake.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

For fuck sakes noo. That means he red shirts. I can’t handle a 5th year of Jake.
    I'm hoping for an injury that reveals a heart condition or something. I just can't take it.

BRING ON HAENER!
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    edited February 2018

I'm hoping for an injury that reveals a heart condition or something. I just can't take it.

BRING ON HAENER!
    Just shows you how bad jake is, when DDY wants Haener under center. S/O to his mom