Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

FML ... it's going to be Nuss or Petersen

It has to be.

For all the reasons SC took Sark.

Knows the area ... friendly with high schools ... blah blah blah

Jesus ... what if it is fucking Tedford ...

Christ I am spinning into a dark hole.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,488
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    It's going to be Sean Peyton. The Saints' charter plane "broke down" last night and they had to spend an extra night in Seattle. This was just a smokescreen. Woody interviewed Peyton at Sea-Tac airport.
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited December 2013
    I would at least be intrigued by Peterson - see what he can do with our athletes.

But the BSU coaching track record isn't all that great. There's a reason he tends to want to stay put.

10 win seasons keeps you in good standing in Boise, and he can almost do that in his sleep in that shit conference. Once in a while, like this year, he slips, but most years he's a lock for 9 games, 10 being the norm.

It's actually smart for him to stay. I would. It's a good gig. The ONLY thing that pulls him away is ego, and we all know from life that our egos create great things for us 1 out of 10 times, with the other 9 being what will thereafter be described as instances of our "bad judgment".
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Why do you hate the Maaco Las Vegas Bowel?
  • Options
    uw2010uw2010 Member Posts: 940
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I don't get the Petersen hate; he's not my top choice (rather have DeRuyter or Franklin) but I'd at least LIPO. I just went through his BSU years, and he's 6-3 in regular season non-conference games against AQ schools, 2-0 in BCS games, 3-2 in regular bowl games (wins over ASU/UW), and wins over Oregon (twice), Oklahoma, VaTech(#6), Oregon St., and Georgia. I get that he's padded his record against garbage teams, and there is an argument about being able to get your team up for those one or two big games a year and coasting. That's why he's not my top choice, but I think he's at least worth a shot, we could certainly do far worse (do you honestly trust Woodward to not fuck this up).
  • Options
    priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,036
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Deruyter looks like the easiest target IMO. Could get him cheap and splurge on assistants.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I can talk myself into Petersen. Before last year, schools would have been pumped to get him. I don't really give a fuck that he lost to Sark and Ty. Saban got plungered by Lambo and Urban Meyer lost to Houston Nutt. Sark beat Pete Carroll. Don James lost to shitty coaches too. From time to time, it's going to happen. It's not about individual games, but the body of work. Petersen's body of work is very good. I am nervous about the lack of success former Boise coaches have had after leaving, but Petersen also was much better than those guys.

Lots of us on the board like DeRuyter, but Petersen has had multiple seasons like the one DeRuyter is having. He is much more proven.

If we hire Nuss or Wilcox, I will be fucking pissed. I don't want to do the coordinator bullshit and I don't give a fuck about continuity.
  • Options
    poc81poc81 Member Posts: 219
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Photogenic 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,890
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Larry Smith's corpse
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dennis Erickson