Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Treshaun Harrison Update

Comments

• Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Bright lights, notoriety mixed with talent.

Let's bring up Deion Sanders. Ultra talented but at the end of the day he was also a hard worker and made plays.

Is Harrison like that? I don't know the kid. But if Pete has decided to not recruit him and let him go. we'll follow his career trajectory and it may be mildly interesting.

Knowing it's either taggart or Cristobal I'm not that optimistic ha.
  • Options
    steelheader2steelheader2 Member Posts: 367
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Name Dropper Photogenic
    He goes to FSU he's the next Jared Jones.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

He goes to FSU he's the next Jared Jones.

Oregon has lost all 5 of their 4 star receiver commits (including TH). If he’s going to FSU he probably should commit soon because those spots are going to get filled up by Willies castoffs.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    AEB said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

My opinion for a while is that Harrison while talented is just not going to fit in with the whole OKG philosophy ...

Personally, I think Harrison is going to wash out wherever he goes ... take the screenshots

Based on what? (Because that sounds like some doog WDWHA bullshit - prove me wrong)
    1) seems pretty clear that Pete isn’t recruiting him ... whether because Pete doesn’t think he is OKG or because he has been told he has no chance in hell doesn’t matter to me

2) to be ultra successful in sports character really starts to matter to me ... Harrison strikes me as a football version of all the recent hoops guys to come out of Seattle like Tony Wroten ... just a hunch but I expect Harrison to underperform in college ... particularly if he chooses a place like FSU where he could get lost in the depth pretty easily
    Who doesn’t love a little Whitesplaining? It was just a matter of time before someone (in this case Teq) introduced “character” into it. Love it. Thread officially diagnosed with full blown AIDS.
    That’s a nice little theory ... but I was saying the same thing when Eason went down to Georgia because he prioritized banging Southern sorority girls

So FUCK OFF in trying to equate my comments about Harrison as some kind of race baiting BS
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    TommySQC said:

dnc said:
    @Tre we said the same thing in 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 010 011 012 013 014 015 016 , just sayin
    Oregon is fucked
  • Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

My opinion for a while is that Harrison while talented is just not going to fit in with the whole OKG philosophy ...

Personally, I think Harrison is going to wash out wherever he goes ... take the screenshots

Based on what? (Because that sounds like some doog WDWHA bullshit - prove me wrong)
    1) seems pretty clear that Pete isn’t recruiting him ... whether because Pete doesn’t think he is OKG or because he has been told he has no chance in hell doesn’t matter to me

2) to be ultra successful in sports character really starts to matter to me ... Harrison strikes me as a football version of all the recent hoops guys to come out of Seattle like Tony Wroten ... just a hunch but I expect Harrison to underperform in college ... particularly if he chooses a place like FSU where he could get lost in the depth pretty easily
    Competitive drive.

Michael Jordan. Barry Bonds. Alex Rodriquez. Derek Jeter. Tiger.

Ultra successful...
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

Looks like a former Husky Legend made a post on KJV's site today about the Harrison situation ... essentially to paraphrase the whole thing was basically that Harrison sees himself as a WR, we viewed him as a DB, that we agreed to disagree, and that it wasn't because Harrison wasn't OKG.

Here's the thing from my perspective and to further clarify my earlier comments ...

As Vita was so eloquent in explaining during the media days for the Fiesta Bowl things go in order from Team --> Unit --> Me

From the first time I saw Harrison's video, I thought if he embraced it he'd have the potential to have a lengthy career as a DB ... when I saw the video I saw Lawyer Milloy.

As I watched some of his senior video, combined with some comments from @Dennis_DeYoung that were consistent with what I was seeing, you could definitely see a very good option at RB if he was interested in doing that.

However, at WR, I definitely don't see a player better than Spiker/Osborne, better than what we brought in last class, or what we'll bring in in next year's class. In other words, he'd be likely buried in the depth at UW at WR.

Let's be honest for a second here ... if you are going to be a high caliber S, you need to have a certain mindset and toughness to play that position well. If you're going to be a RB, while you get a lot of attention, you have to be prepared to get hit in the process. And with the way teams are utillizing multiple RBs now, the glory gets spread and the hits still keep coming. In contrast, at WR, you have the potential to get all the glory that you get at RB without having to take the same kind of pounding.

He'll end up at Florida St and follow Taggart. Taggart is the ultimate snake oil salesman and him and Oregon were a perfect match for each other. Playing WR in Taggart's offense is like playing a glorified RB. He'll get the ball on WR screens, jet sweeps, etc. without having to take the pounding between the tackles. Whether he has a strong college career or not (and particularly going to FSU, I suspect his potential to be buried in the depth will only increase), playing WR IMO is his worst shot to potentially play in the NFL. But that's fine.

The reason that I compared Harrison to guys like Wroten, etc. to recently come out of Seattle is because the common trait that I see is a lot of the guys have looked to take the easiest path possible in the short-term while ultimately penalizing themselves in the long-term.

This isn't an example of where I really blame Petersen for not landing Harrison. Bringing him in at WR will not make us a better football team comparatively to what we can and will get going forward. At RB, there was probably room for a discussion but Harrison wasn't interested. At S he would have been best served long-term but again wasn't interested. To be an elite team you need guys on the roster that are willing to live by the mantra of Team --> Unit --> Me ... and given how Harrison has gone about his recruitment (which he is more than entitled to do), we're not a good fit for him.

Best of luck to him going forward ... but I personally don't think we'll miss him.

So you're saying they have a strategy that tends to be fast as opposed to the superior strategy which might be seen as more, I don't know slow?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Looks like a former Husky Legend made a post on KJV's site today about the Harrison situation ... essentially to paraphrase the whole thing was basically that Harrison sees himself as a WR, we viewed him as a DB, that we agreed to disagree, and that it wasn't because Harrison wasn't OKG.

Here's the thing from my perspective and to further clarify my earlier comments ...

As Vita was so eloquent in explaining during the media days for the Fiesta Bowl things go in order from Team --> Unit --> Me

From the first time I saw Harrison's video, I thought if he embraced it he'd have the potential to have a lengthy career as a DB ... when I saw the video I saw Lawyer Milloy.

As I watched some of his senior video, combined with some comments from @Dennis_DeYoung that were consistent with what I was seeing, you could definitely see a very good option at RB if he was interested in doing that.

However, at WR, I definitely don't see a player better than Spiker/Osborne, better than what we brought in last class, or what we'll bring in in next year's class. In other words, he'd be likely buried in the depth at UW at WR.

Let's be honest for a second here ... if you are going to be a high caliber S, you need to have a certain mindset and toughness to play that position well. If you're going to be a RB, while you get a lot of attention, you have to be prepared to get hit in the process. And with the way teams are utillizing multiple RBs now, the glory gets spread and the hits still keep coming. In contrast, at WR, you have the potential to get all the glory that you get at RB without having to take the same kind of pounding.

He'll end up at Florida St and follow Taggart. Taggart is the ultimate snake oil salesman and him and Oregon were a perfect match for each other. Playing WR in Taggart's offense is like playing a glorified RB. He'll get the ball on WR screens, jet sweeps, etc. without having to take the pounding between the tackles. Whether he has a strong college career or not (and particularly going to FSU, I suspect his potential to be buried in the depth will only increase), playing WR IMO is his worst shot to potentially play in the NFL. But that's fine.

The reason that I compared Harrison to guys like Wroten, etc. to recently come out of Seattle is because the common trait that I see is a lot of the guys have looked to take the easiest path possible in the short-term while ultimately penalizing themselves in the long-term.

This isn't an example of where I really blame Petersen for not landing Harrison. Bringing him in at WR will not make us a better football team comparatively to what we can and will get going forward. At RB, there was probably room for a discussion but Harrison wasn't interested. At S he would have been best served long-term but again wasn't interested. To be an elite team you need guys on the roster that are willing to live by the mantra of Team --> Unit --> Me ... and given how Harrison has gone about his recruitment (which he is more than entitled to do), we're not a good fit for him.

Best of luck to him going forward ... but I personally don't think we'll miss him.

i don't know. I will tell the kid hey we will give you a shot at WR but if you don't crack 2 deep we moving you DB
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

i don't know. I will tell the kid hey we will give you a shot at WR but if you don't crack 2 deep we moving you DB
    I like him better than Lowe personally. I would rather have Treshaun.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Tequilla said:

I like him better than Lowe personally. I would rather have Treshaun.
    u forgetting our favorite big back fig/dick newtown
  • Options
    Even at RB ... I don't like Harrison better than Ahmed and we'll likely be taking 2 very high end guys in the 2019 class ... so yeah, he could get buried even if we brought him in as a RB
  • Options
    @dnc I don't think that FAST or SLOW strategies are superior to each other ... in an ideal world you know how to leverage both strategies at the appropriate point in time.

I think my point was more that Harrison is pursuing the path that he sees fit and more power to him for doing that. He's got no chance of pulling off anything if he doesn't have everything into what he's doing. So if he's half hearted into playing any other position WR is then the right choice for him.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,994
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    edited January 2018
    Tequilla said:

Even at RB ... I don't like Harrison better than Ahmed and we'll likely be taking 2 very high end guys in the 2019 class ... so yeah, he could get buried even if we brought him in as a RB

Why would you compare them to people currently on the roster like Ahmed. You should compare them to what's available to sign at the time with you and try to get the best talent available and let them sort it out on the depth chart.

We recruited Lowe as a wr/Chico/apb. Give me Harrison at the same position over him. I am not as high on Lowe as most admittedly. I think Harrison is a better version of Kevin smith which I would rather have.
  • Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,570
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

Dennis ... I usually agree with you regarding in-state kids ...

It may not have been true 5-10 years ago, but if you are an in-state kid that wants it all UW and Pete is a tremendous option ...

If a kid can’t see that ... then you know ... you can’t fix stupid ...

lol you’re such a retarded slobbering doog.