Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Wrapping up Econ 101 for Hondo

124»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

40 billion in revenue helps everyone.

Middle class folks have stocks

Buying and expanding makes jobs

Can't even handle a 101 class. Sad!

All that being said, the democrats lied their ass off about this tax cut

$40 billion in revenue is dwarfed in comparison to the tax cut from the 35% to 21% and was used to "help pay for that". It's like basic math is lost on you.

Not to mention that the middle class owns very little of the stock market.
    $40 Billion from 1 single company is over 10% of the total in what the govt took in last year from corporate taxes...that's the entire point. Incentivize companies not to take/park their earnings through Ireland or other European countries that have low corporate tax rates and instead have them bring back here.

God you are a fucking moron.
    So corporations get a 40% tax cut indefinitely. Just say corporations aggregate to bring back one years income, which is probably generous. That is taxed at 15.5% and a one time thing. So first year, there is a net deficit. Then there's the rest of the years until Congress changes the tax code. Still a net fucking loss.

Were you dropped on your head as a child or just plain ignorant?
    Moving the goalposts again and yet you still are a fucking moron.

One simple example... They shift money/revenue around so that they minimize their revenue exposed to taxes here...with more competitive corporate rates you are already seeing that change. Only a moron like you can’t seem to comprehend this.

Go distract yourself with shiny objects or go stack blocks...you know, something a little more in your wheelhouse.
    Komo4

And no my goalposts didn't move. I responded to a different quote. Dumbass.
    Too dumb to use Google, eh? Big surprise.

I’ll give you several links, but only on the condition that when they say pretty much exactly what I said you will admit you are wrong and move along to spamming the board with some other nutjob topic.

Agree? And if not go fuck your low IQ self off...
    I would be interested to see factually where Microsoft lost $300 million in all US operations.
    Noncommittal....fuck off low IQ lapdog.
    You said this: Microsoft made something like $20 billion overseas yet managed to lose $300 million here in the US.

I'm waiting for your support for that comment. Or you can keep calling me a moron.
    HRYK - not even close to accurate.

MSFT doesn't report net income by segment - but they derived about 50% of their revenue in the USA. As well, their tax provision for the FYE 6/30/17 (US portion) was a little over $2.7 Billion. Not going to get into all the deferred tax mumbo jumbo -but it's pretty fair to estimate US net income was somewhere around half of their total NET income for all global operations.'

https://www.otcmarkets.com/edgar/GetFilingHtml?FilingID=12205633#MSFT-10K_20170630_HTM_ITEM_8_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_AND_SUPPLEM
    Go look at their 2016 numbers and get back to me...
    Strange why you don't have a link.
    Their most recent fiscal year end is 2017.

If I recall they wrote down their purchase of Nokia during the year referenced. Might be off by a year but that was a massive hit.

That write down was 4Q FY2015.

But yes, they do what they can to move income, including taking advantage of one-off events and such to write down income in higher tax areas. It’s also why they “base” many of their profitable businesses in Ireland, Singapore, and even Puerto Rico.
    It doesn't matter where the operations are based. It matters where the income is earned. And you still haven't shown where Microsoft has $20 billion of income overseas and $300 million loss domestically.
    If you think I'm wrong feel free to agree to my original ask...otherwise go fuck yourself.
    Agree to your original ask? Da fuq you mean? I'm not going through the whole thread to figure it out so say it again.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,831
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    edited January 2018
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

$40 billion in revenue is dwarfed in comparison to the tax cut from the 35% to 21% and was used to "help pay for that". It's like basic math is lost on you.

$40 Billion from 1 single company is over 10% of the total in what the govt took in last year from corporate taxes...that's the entire point. Incentivize companies not to take/park their earnings through Ireland or other European countries that have low corporate tax rates and instead have them bring back here.

So corporations get a 40% tax cut indefinitely. Just say corporations aggregate to bring back one years income, which is probably generous. That is taxed at 15.5% and a one time thing. So first year, there is a net deficit. Then there's the rest of the years until Congress changes the tax code. Still a net fucking loss.

One simple example... They shift money/revenue around so that they minimize their revenue exposed to taxes here...with more competitive corporate rates you are already seeing that change. Only a moron like you can’t seem to comprehend this.

Go distract yourself with shiny objects or go stack blocks...you know, something a little more in your wheelhouse.
    Komo4

I’ll give you several links, but only on the condition that when they say pretty much exactly what I said you will admit you are wrong and move along to spamming the board with some other nutjob topic.

I would be interested to see factually where Microsoft lost $300 million in all US operations.
    You said this: Microsoft made something like $20 billion overseas yet managed to lose $300 million here in the US.

I'm waiting for your support for that comment. Or you can keep calling me a moron.

MSFT doesn't report net income by segment - but they derived about 50% of their revenue in the USA. As well, their tax provision for the FYE 6/30/17 (US portion) was a little over $2.7 Billion. Not going to get into all the deferred tax mumbo jumbo -but it's pretty fair to estimate US net income was somewhere around half of their total NET income for all global operations.'

https://www.otcmarkets.com/edgar/GetFilingHtml?FilingID=12205633#MSFT-10K_20170630_HTM_ITEM_8_FINANCIAL_STATEMENTS_AND_SUPPLEM

If I recall they wrote down their purchase of Nokia during the year referenced. Might be off by a year but that was a massive hit.

But yes, they do what they can to move income, including taking advantage of one-off events and such to write down income in higher tax areas. It’s also why they “base” many of their profitable businesses in Ireland, Singapore, and even Puerto Rico.
    It doesn't matter where the operations are based. It matters where the income is earned. And you still haven't shown where Microsoft has $20 billion of income overseas and $300 million loss domestically.
    If you think I'm wrong feel free to agree to my original ask...otherwise go fuck yourself.
    Agree to your original ask? Da fuq you mean? I'm not going through the whole thread to figure it out so say it again.
    That's not how this works. You've NEVER been accountable for your 12,000 shit post march.

The last fucking thing any of us are going to do is follow your reitterative orders because you are to fucking stupid, too disengenuous to follow along.

Maybe you send boobs a PM, he has the Aurora Bridge dialed in.

• Options
    HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,954
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Komo4

• Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
  • Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Komo4

And I already said, if you show what you said is right, I'll agree I'm wrong. With actual factual information. Not daily caller or brietbart garbage.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Komo4

And I already said, if you show what you said is right, I'll agree I'm wrong. With actual factual information. Not daily caller or brietbart garbage.
    The presupposition that you're the almighty arbiter of higher knowledge is fundamentally, inherently flawed. Most would concure the premise is laughable.

Fuck off.
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mods?

What now? You're interrupting my jerking off to Asa Akira and Miko Lee.
  • Options
    Founders Club

Mods?

What now? You're interrupting my jerking off to Asa Akira and Miko Lee.
    YKWYSBF
  • Options
    pawz said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Komo4

The presupposition that you're the almighty arbiter of higher knowledge is fundamentally, inherently flawed. Most would concure the premise is laughable.

Fuck off.
    STFU Pawz. You are such a brietbart dicksucker, conservative shill, that you can't even see we are arguing facts. I wouldn't take CNN or MSNBC or any "news" organization on this particular matter, when it should be right in their financials.
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    political sHillary is now fact?
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Komo4

Note 13 to the 6/30/17 financials for MSFT does show US net income before tax of $453 Million for the year (Loss of $325 Million in 2016 as HH says, US net income before tax of $7.6 Billion for FYE 6/30/15).

You're both kind of right to the extent that MSFT does 'shelter' as much of their operations overseas as possible. That's basic economics to protect resources from activities that do not provide a return to shareholders. Paying taxes (whether domestic or foreign) do not return value to earnings.

The reduction from the federal statutory rate is primarily due to earnings taxed at lower rates in foreign jurisdictions resulting from producing and distributing our products and services through our foreign regional operations centers in Ireland, Singapore, and Puerto Rico. Our foreign regional operating centers, which are taxed at rates lower than the U.S. rate, generated 64%, 69%, and 73% of our foreign income before tax in fiscal years 2017, 2016, and 2015, respectively. Additionally, our effective tax rate in fiscal year 2017 reflects the realization of tax benefits attributable to previous phone business losses. In general, other reconciling items consist primarily of U.S. state income taxes, permanent items, and credits. In fiscal years 2017, 2016, and 2015, there were no individually significant other reconciling items.

With the new tax legislation (and associate repatriation of cash relief provided thereof), I would expect more of MSFT's income to flow back to the US.

The real benefit is getting the money back into the US economy rather than being parked overseas to avoid the effects of previously egregious US corporate tax rates. Multiple that by countless US corporations who have utilized the strategy to shelter income via foreign subsidiaries and this country will be poised for a massive leap forward. The multipier effect of more cash circulating in the US will make America great again.

• Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2018
    2001400ex said:

pawz said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Komo4

Fuck off.
    STFU Pawz. You are such a brietbart dicksucker, conservative shill, that you can't even see we are arguing facts. I wouldn't take CNN or MSNBC or any "news" organization on this particular matter, when it should be right in their financials.
    You mad?

Truth hurts.

• Options

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Komo4

Note 13 to the 6/30/17 financials for MSFT does show US net income before tax of $453 Million for the year (Loss of $325 Million in 2016 as HH says, US net income before tax of $7.6 Billion for FYE 6/30/15).

You're both kind of right to the extent that MSFT does 'shelter' as much of their operations overseas as possible. That's basic economics to protect resources from activities that do not provide a return to shareholders. Paying taxes (whether domestic or foreign) do not return value to earnings.

The reduction from the federal statutory rate is primarily due to earnings taxed at lower rates in foreign jurisdictions resulting from producing and distributing our products and services through our foreign regional operations centers in Ireland, Singapore, and Puerto Rico. Our foreign regional operating centers, which are taxed at rates lower than the U.S. rate, generated 64%, 69%, and 73% of our foreign income before tax in fiscal years 2017, 2016, and 2015, respectively. Additionally, our effective tax rate in fiscal year 2017 reflects the realization of tax benefits attributable to previous phone business losses. In general, other reconciling items consist primarily of U.S. state income taxes, permanent items, and credits. In fiscal years 2017, 2016, and 2015, there were no individually significant other reconciling items.

With the new tax legislation (and associate repatriation of cash relief provided thereof), I would expect more of MSFT's income to flow back to the US.

The real benefit is getting the money back into the US economy rather than being parked overseas to avoid the effects of previously egregious US corporate tax rates. Multiple that by countless US corporations who have utilized the strategy to shelter income via foreign subsidiaries and this country will be poised for a massive leap forward. The multipier effect of more cash circulating in the US will make America great again.

So of course I've looked it up and yes technically, for the year ended 2016, there was a loss on US operations. Because of charge offs. Here are the facts right from the financials. And they still paid US federal income tax, because of course their 1120 didn't show a loss on US income due to book to tax differences.

photo 28DB18A8-BFAB-46F1-A000-91E48B9CDBC0_zpsuouhcete.png

photo DD043D3B-72EA-465F-B33B-B647FF49FE40_zpsmu7uxfhi.png

That being said, we'll see how it plays out. I don't think there will be any meaningful jobs in the US added as a result of the tax cuts. And there's no way they will pay for themselves.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,922
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tihere will be jobs added because of cash being repatriated. The turnover and velocity of funds circulated within the US will cause production, consumption and wages to go up.

• Options
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Komo4

So of course I've looked it up and yes technically, for the year ended 2016, there was a loss on US operations. Because of charge offs. Here are the facts right from the financials. And they still paid US federal income tax, because of course their 1120 didn't show a loss on US income due to book to tax differences.

That being said, we'll see how it plays out. I don't think there will be any meaningful jobs in the US added as a result of the tax cuts. And there's no way they will pay for themselves.
    Claim: no meaningful jobs will be added due to tax cuts.

Verdict: TRUE. Government jobs are falling and will continue to fall.
  • Options
    doogie said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Komo4

Claim: no meaningful jobs will be added due to tax cuts.

Verdict: TRUE. Government jobs are falling and will continue to fall.
    You make no sense.
  • Options
    Just clarifying your qualifier
  • Options
    Wow...took HondoFS 4 pages and a couple of days to spend five minutes finding out I was correct. Well let’s be honest...it’s HondoFS so I’m sure it took at least a couple of hours. And even though plainly seeing corporate behavior he doesn’t think happens acting that way (hiding revenue/money overseas due to the tax rate) all he can on come up with is “We’ll see how it plays out”...”I still don’t think (insert nonsense here)”...

HondoFS...
  • Options

Wow...took HondoFS 4 pages and a couple of days to spend five minutes finding out I was correct. Well let’s be honest...it’s HondoFS so I’m sure it took at least a couple of hours. And even though plainly seeing corporate behavior he doesn’t think happens acting that way (hiding revenue/money overseas due to the tax rate) all he can on come up with is “We’ll see how it plays out”...”I still don’t think (insert nonsense here)”...

HondoFS...

But they still paid federal tax, care to guess why? And you aren't smart to even back your own claims up. Even if they are half truths.
  • Options
    2001400ex said:

HondoFS...

But they still paid federal tax, care to guess why? And you aren't smart to even back your own claims up. Even if they are half truths.
    You were wrong, but in your mind you are really correct even though you are wrong. HondoFS...

As an aside, Microsoft made over $20,000 million as a company and paid $545 million in US taxes. We'll let HondoFS figure out that rate...

Or, as Microsoft stated, "The reduction from the federal statutory rate is primarily due to earnings taxed at lower rates in foreign jurisdictions resulting from producing and distributing our products and services through our foreign regional operations centers in Ireland, Singapore, and Puerto Rico. Our foreign regional operating centers, which are taxed at rates lower than the U.S. rate, generated 69%, 73%, and 81% of our foreign income before tax in fiscal years 2016, 2015, and 2014, respectively."

Hmmm...wonder why they do that.

HondoFS.