Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Browning vs. Tuiasosopo

Comments

• Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,472
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

whlinder said:

Browning has scarcely any idea at all how to play football. He's like a doctor who can run tests, but has no way of applying it to a patient. What Browning should do in the offseason is not have anybody teach him anything or spend time learning, or watching film or working out. If he wants to improve he needs to develop some kind of football intelligence a la Tuiasosopo. It's the ability to know basically WHAT TO DO AND WHEN TO DO IT.

And to do that: play sandlot, pickup football.

He doesn't have "it" and he will not and cannot learn or aquire "it".

No amount of mentorship will ever change who he is.
    well, I don't know... but to improve he needs to play a lot more. I mean, if there is a fucking guy open throw it to him. If open space run. You learn that by playing a lot, like with no rules. Tuiasosopo invented the plays up as the situation demanded.
    Can't play any more than 3 whole seasons.

He's afraid of taking a hit and loses focus as soon as he sees just one guy rushing him. His eyes drop down and he loses sight of his receivers.

On top of that, his arm strength sucks and he lacks accuracy.

In short, he shouldn't be a quarterback. I can't even see him playing any other position, except punter.
    Jack Lockner, for all his inability to throw a football, always played better after the first hit he took in a game. At least he belonged on a football field.

Brownsocks takes one hit and shuts down until he isn’t scared again.

It’s amazing he hasn’t suffered any injuries that would force him to miss significant time.
    I know everyone hates him, but Locker is one of my favorite huskies ever. I dooged so hard for him and he bled purple and gold. His freshman year he was the most exciting player in the country not named Tebow.

He should have gone to Oregon and won a natty. I'm glad he made millions and got out.
    I love Jake. Jake played hard. The problem was not Jake it was what we did with him.
    Fucking this.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

Doogles said:

whlinder said:

Browning has scarcely any idea at all how to play football. He's like a doctor who can run tests, but has no way of applying it to a patient. What Browning should do in the offseason is not have anybody teach him anything or spend time learning, or watching film or working out. If he wants to improve he needs to develop some kind of football intelligence a la Tuiasosopo. It's the ability to know basically WHAT TO DO AND WHEN TO DO IT.

well, I don't know... but to improve he needs to play a lot more. I mean, if there is a fucking guy open throw it to him. If open space run. You learn that by playing a lot, like with no rules. Tuiasosopo invented the plays up as the situation demanded.

He's afraid of taking a hit and loses focus as soon as he sees just one guy rushing him. His eyes drop down and he loses sight of his receivers.

In short, he shouldn't be a quarterback. I can't even see him playing any other position, except punter.
    Jack Lockner, for all his inability to throw a football, always played better after the first hit he took in a game. At least he belonged on a football field.

It’s amazing he hasn’t suffered any injuries that would force him to miss significant time.
    I know everyone hates him, but Locker is one of my favorite huskies ever. I dooged so hard for him and he bled purple and gold. His freshman year he was the most exciting player in the country not named Tebow.

He should have gone to Oregon and won a natty. I'm glad he made millions and got out.
    I love Jake. Jake played hard. The problem was not Jake it was what we did with him.
    He chose to play for a loser though.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Doogles said:

whlinder said:

Abundance
  • Options
    section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

It fucking pisses me off that Jake fucking piece of shit Browning is going to own a ton, if not all, of the UW passing records. All because he had a decent team around him and had no competition for he job and played a weak ass schedule.

Fuck. He’s probably going to be in the Husky Sports Hall of Fame someday for being PAC 12 offensive player of the year.

He’s the goddamned worst.

Doog legend for sure, many of them now completing their transition and sound like coogs. Any criticism of shit pants is countered with “look at the touchdown records”.

• Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

doogie said:
    Comparing QB stats from two different eras is a massive waste of time.
    Comparing literally anything Marques accomplished at Washington to anything Jake Browning has ever done is a crime against humanity.
    Best remedy is to bar him from the film room and make him spend that time in a UFC ring. While not a gifted athlete, his biggest problem is being a pussy who smiles and laughs while losing, instead of throwing Gatorade cups at his teammates and cussing up a storm after a 3 & out. Jake's a fucking pussy between the ears. 100% poser first, player 2nd. Fuck the film room. Fuck being at the coach's table during meetings. That's what brownnosers do, and why posers who suck stay on the field. Jake fucking sucks in the crunch, can't throw on the run, showed no touch at all in a NY6 bowel game, and smiled & laughed on the sideline while losing. If that's not enough to bench his ass, I don't know what is.
  • Options
    theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,568
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

I do believe he was castrated against USC. He obviously has not recovered from that major trauma.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

At least he will only hold the records for 3 years

With the talent upgrades coming in Pete will never have a QB play/start for four years ever again. Depth and early entries to the NFL will prevent that. If it happens then UW has Brownshorts 2.0. Unfortunately for the record books Jake will be on top FOREVER!!!! Ugh, thats the truth.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BTW. This thread delivers!
  • Options

Bread said:

At least he will only hold the records for 3 years

With the talent upgrades coming in Pete will never have a QB play/start for four years ever again. Depth and early entries to the NFL will prevent that. If it happens then UW has Brownshorts 2.0. Unfortunately for the record books Jake will be on top FOREVER!!!! Ugh, thats the truth.
    It pains me enough that you speak the truth.
    But please die for speaking that specific, depressing truth.
  • Options
    ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Look I only said above that sandlot or pickup football would help the guy. I never said he could be CURED or made into a Tuiasosopo, only that it would help. Bench his ass for all I care. If he is playing, just another reason for me to drive to fucking ellensburg.
  • Options
    RhythmicSlappingDawgRhythmicSlappingDawg Member Posts: 1,176
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Look I only said above that sandlot or pickup football would help the guy. I never said he could be CURED or made into a Tuiasosopo, only that it would help. Bench his ass for all I care. If he is playing, just another reason for me to drive to fucking ellensburg.

What the fuck is sandlot football?
    Playing patsy with a bunch of 40 year old fat fucks isn't going to do shit.
    Browning is shit and will continue to be shit because he has no talent.
  • Options
    uzi said:

Lockner was a fucking stud. Put him at QB last year and we beat USC.

Put him at QB this year and we beat Furd & ASU & Penn State.

I don't care that most of you believe he should have played safety at Oregon.

I love a QB that can run over the other team's linebacker.

New Year's Drunk Posting is Best Drunk Posting.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    uzi said:

Jake Locker would have never started at QB for Chris Petersen. He values accuracy over all else. Locker would have never seen the field other than Wild Swede/Hail Mary snaps.
  • Options
    dnc said:

uzi said:

Jake Locker would have never started at QB for Chris Petersen. He values accuracy over all else. Locker would have never seen the field other than Wild Swede/Hail Mary snaps.
    This.

It also makes me wonder why people think Peterman wants Eason.
  • Options
    Browning will start because he'll be the best QB in practices on account of his knowledge of the playbook. That's how coaches pick starters. It's a shame his breakdowns under the lights don't count for more, but coaches kill themselves to spread blame around after losses, which is what Pete, Saban, or any other coach does, hiding and burying Browning's shortcomings and fuck-ups among everyone else's. Coaches don't focus on the incremental and obvious failings, because that's not positive thinking. Plus we've had Smiffy sucking off Jake, Pete and himself for 3 years, during two of which UW won 10 games. They'll say the QB competition is "open" but it won't be. Only if Browning gets hurt and Yankoff or Sirmon comes in and engineer two or three stellar drives will we see any change due to high pressure from the fanbase.

The situation is akin to a prize fighting where 99% of the time a challenger cannot win a fight on points, but most knock out the champion to win the belt.