Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

ucla

2»

Comments

• Options
    PineapplePiratePineapplePirate Member Posts: 4,012
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

UCLA is just so damn sexy compared to us. How the fuck are we supposed to compete?

With Trey Adams and his girlfriend.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 102,079
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Mark Harmon's dad won the Heisman at Michigan and had a syndicated weekly football picks column

In newspapers. Huh?
  • Options
    Purple_PillsPurple_Pills Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,828
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Win a half Natty at 9-0 and then Pop Off.

Nice pic of the LA Colesium. Maybe UCLA should move back and return to their NC glory.
  • Options
    uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    edited December 2017

I wouldn't bet against Chip. But idk @CuntWaffle makes some good points. At Oregon Chip was already there and was installing his toughness and speed offense attack. It could take a lot of turnover at UCLA to get similar results.

But if Chip recruits to UCLA and gets them to play the league is in trouble. He lost 3 league games in 4 years at Oregon. Petersen would need to go 17-1 the next two years to match that run.

True. He was .500 against the only good teams he faced in the Pac during his tenure.

His hurry-up zone read blur dominated the rest of the dreck.
  • Options
    PurpleReignPurpleReign Member Posts: 5,457
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

UCLA is just so damn sexy compared to us. How the fuck are we supposed to compete?

IPIIHB.
  • Options
    vadawgvadawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 466
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam

I wouldn't bet against Chip. But idk @CuntWaffle makes some good points. At Oregon Chip was already there and was installing his toughness and speed offense attack. It could take a lot of turnover at UCLA to get similar results.

But if Chip recruits to UCLA and gets them to play the league is in trouble. He lost 3 league games in 4 years at Oregon. Petersen would need to go 17-1 the next two years to match that run.

Chip had Phils money, nikes jobs, facilities that are second to none, and massive coffee cups at PEugene. He also still has to deal with higher school standards than anything he dealt with at UO. On top of that, his playing philosophy was new 10 years ago. Not anymore.

Chip will fail at UCLA. Cook it fags.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,172
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Win a half Natty at 9-0 and then Pop Off.

Nice pic of the LA Colesium. Maybe UCLA should move back and return to their NC glory.
    Working out for the Rams so far.
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

It’s going to take Chipper a couple years to get the machine rolling and I’m sure you will see a lot of turnover with kids leaving and getting kicked off. Unfortunately Chip can’t knock the soft out of all the current players like Petersen couldn’t get rid of the Sark stench on a lot here.

If Chip can’t get it done then UCLA is eternally fucked.

Chip is a failure. No natty. No NFL championship. Just a fatter version of Harbaugh.
  • Options
    SlmdawgSlmdawg Member Posts: 94
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    Passion said:

Watching ucla crap the bed last night against K-State, my buddy and I spent several minutes watching and discussing all these talented players waste their fucking time at ucla. Is there any school in the country that underdevelops players more than ucla? Every year and every coach it's the same shit (kow).

And then he hit me with a stat that surprised me...but not really. ucla has never had an 11-win season. Never.

If boise state is the poster child for doing more with less, ucla must be the exact opposite.

Maybe chipster will break the decades-long cycle. Who knows.

The Texas Longhorns have to perform worse than UCLA compared to average recruit rating. They're the marque program right in the middle of the football mecca. They get loads of 4 and 5 star guys that will overlook a .500 record just to wear the burnt orange, and they're still awful.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Slmdawg said:

Passion said:

Watching ucla crap the bed last night against K-State, my buddy and I spent several minutes watching and discussing all these talented players waste their fucking time at ucla. Is there any school in the country that underdevelops players more than ucla? Every year and every coach it's the same shit (kow).

And then he hit me with a stat that surprised me...but not really. ucla has never had an 11-win season. Never.

If boise state is the poster child for doing more with less, ucla must be the exact opposite.

Maybe chipster will break the decades-long cycle. Who knows.

The Texas Longhorns have to perform worse than UCLA compared to average recruit rating. They're the marque program right in the middle of the football mecca. They get loads of 4 and 5 star guys that will overlook a .500 record just to wear the burnt orange, and they're still awful.
    It’s close, but texas has a recent national championship and several conference titles. ucla? Not so much.
  • Options
    biak1biak1 Member Posts: 3,996
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    It would be a shame if people reminded UCLA recruits that Chip Kelly hates black people as talked about by LeSean McCoy.
  • Options
    dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    biak1 said:

It would be a shame if people reminded UCLA recruits that Chip Kelly hates black people as talked about by LeSean McCoy.

That sort of shit never works. The SEC didnt let a single black player on a roster until the 70s. Yet the black folk love them.
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,457
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited December 2017

I think something that would be interesting would be looking at a school's blue chips, and seeing what schools get the highest percentages of those guys to the draft. UCLA is loaded with blue chips, but don't produce equivalent draft picks. Schools like UW get as many or more draftees despite more blue chips. I think a cool graph would be blue chips per class on the x axis, with draftees on the y. It would show what schools develop those guys and which schools do not. UCLA would be an outlier, and not in a good way.

Utah probably wins this hands down.
    Practically no blue chips, 29 guys in the NFL

Teams with lots-o-blue chips, 22 to 53
    UCLA 33 guys in NFL
    Worshington 22
    Oregon 30
    USC 44
    Stanford 30
    ASU 13

2 to 7 blue chips currently on roster
    WSU 7
    OSU 24 wow, this surprised me, I had no clue, Thanks Mike Riley