Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ucla

PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
Watching ucla crap the bed last night against K-State, my buddy and I spent several minutes watching and discussing all these talented players waste their fucking time at ucla. Is there any school in the country that underdevelops players more than ucla? Every year and every coach it's the same shit (kow).

And then he hit me with a stat that surprised me...but not really. ucla has never had an 11-win season. Never.

If boise state is the poster child for doing more with less, ucla must be the exact opposite.

Maybe chipster will break the decades-long cycle. Who knows.

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823

It’s going to take Chipper a couple years to get the machine rolling and I’m sure you will see a lot of turnover with kids leaving and getting kicked off. Unfortunately Chip can’t knock the soft out of all the current players like Petersen couldn’t get rid of the Sark stench on a lot here.

If Chip can’t get it done then UCLA is eternally fucked.

I am curious to see what chip’s offense will look like. I think the college game has adjusted to his old offense
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,347 Swaye's Wigwam
    The biggest recruit Mora landed was Myles Jack. With him they were competitive. Without, soft as woman's ballz.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    I think something that would be interesting would be looking at a school's blue chips, and seeing what schools get the highest percentages of those guys to the draft. UCLA is loaded with blue chips, but don't produce equivalent draft picks. Schools like UW get as many or more draftees despite more blue chips. I think a cool graph would be blue chips per class on the x axis, with draftees on the y. It would show what schools develop those guys and which schools do not. UCLA would be an outlier, and not in a good way.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,488 Standard Supporter
    Passion said:

One chinteresting question is how chip will do In a different culture. At oregon everyone from uncle phil, the state police, student body and the athletic department all the way down to the towel boy were singularly focused on winning. chip benefited from that.

Does ucla’s culture reflect that laser-focused unwavering determination?

We've been hearing that Chip doesn't like black players for some tim.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,548 Founders Club
    Passion said:

One chinteresting question is how chip will do In a different culture. At oregon everyone from uncle phil, the state police, student body and the athletic department all the way down to the towel boy were singularly focused on winning. chip benefited from that.

Does ucla’s culture reflect that laser-focused unwavering determination?

I don't think Chip is motivated by external shit. The media loves to hate on Chip, I think he's an all-star, but he requires buy-in to unconventional shit. UCLA can't afford to move him, so he'll get a real chance. They are All-in.

But just like Petersen wasn't "the right fit" for USC, I wonder if that goes for chip at UCLA.

I'm chinterested.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,548 Founders Club
    Double blow post, but I remember reading an article where Lesean Mccoy was talking about how he made the players wear sleep monitors and super Stalin like control policies.

He's cutting edge cutthroat looking for any advantage.

When you're winning, it works, but as soon as you hit a bump the implosion is accelerated.