Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

A simple twist of fate

Comments

• Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I still think if Jake can get some real confidence he can be a good college quarterback. Maybe being a senior is what it will take.

Hopefully being a senior is what it takes... Because that's all we got.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Jake's definitely earned this week's honors.
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,749
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    phineas said:

I still think if Jake can get some real confidence he can be a good college quarterback. Maybe being a senior is what it will take.

Hopefully being a senior is what it takes... Because that's all we got.

I'm sure he could be better if he had a better fucking QB coach, for starters. That's why firing Smiffy would kill two birds with one stone. No "elite" coach would keep that fuck on staff. Wanna be elite, Pete? Dump that piece of shit Smiff.
  • Options
    seatownfunkseatownfunk Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 802
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    One wonders if we should have redshitted brownshorts
  • Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 60,037
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

I saw the subject line and automatically figured YellowSnow was the OP
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

One wonders if we should have redshitted brownshorts

Fuck no.

He needs to LEAVE.
  • Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited November 2017

Browning’s Sage Rosenfels helicopter move was hopeless and ill-advised, but god damn it was also badass and gutsy and he deserves a lot of credit for it. It’s as if he internalized all of the hatred that’s been thrown his way these last few weeks, said “fuck it”, and decided he was willing to die on a live broadcast for everyone to see. And then to come back and actually orchestrate two scoring drives after that was truly clutch. I don’t care if it was against a shit team like Utah that probably only means the difference between the Holiday Bowl and the Alamo Bowl, Jake deserves mad respect for that.

That being said, Jake Browning still sucks.

Like I said, not black enough to pull it off @DDY, but give him major props for risking life and limb to try. Browning may have grown up tremendously in that game, and going forward he may be better for it. Who the fuck knows? Obviously his qb coach sucks and hasn't helped him in this process. He's a senior next year and will have some major weapons, along with some serious beef on the O-Line. Gaskin returning will be huge. The black beast will be a monster. Losing Pettis will hurt, and fuck pease and his shit recruiting. Hopefully Gaskin and Savon can tear shit up next year with a talented O-line. Think of it this way. Nick Harris at center as an upperclassman....

That being said, Jake Browning still sucks.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

It's nice that a shitty season now qualifies as 11-2. This year was a failure but we are still out of 7-6 purgatory. Petersen can still build this thing even more. It will clearly need some changing though, I trust that this off season he will patch up some of the bullshit.

Jake's ceiling is Pac-12 champ, and he requires a very balanced team to achieve that. Last year's team had that, this year showed serious weakness in our depth at certain positions from injuries. It is up to Petersen to bring in the guys who can get players 3 deep to really get to that next level because injuries will always happen.

Pissed but also happy that I am this pissed over 2 losses. With Sark I just started laughing after the 3rd or 4th loss because you knew exactly what you were getting.

9-4 is still in play
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    AZDuck said:

It's nice that a shitty season now qualifies as 11-2. This year was a failure but we are still out of 7-6 purgatory. Petersen can still build this thing even more. It will clearly need some changing though, I trust that this off season he will patch up some of the bullshit.

Jake's ceiling is Pac-12 champ, and he requires a very balanced team to achieve that. Last year's team had that, this year showed serious weakness in our depth at certain positions from injuries. It is up to Petersen to bring in the guys who can get players 3 deep to really get to that next level because injuries will always happen.

Pissed but also happy that I am this pissed over 2 losses. With Sark I just started laughing after the 3rd or 4th loss because you knew exactly what you were getting.

9-4 is still in play
    Why are you so fucking negative all the time?
  • Options
    rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Uhh what are we gonna do about K??
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,559
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

AZDuck said:

9-4 is still in play
    I’m saying IF UW goes 11-2 NOC because they didn’t win anything. That’s the whole point.
    I disagree. Beat WSU have Notre Dame and USC best Furd, and then hopefully beat Penn State or undefeated UCF in a bowl game
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

AZDuck said:

9-4 is still in play
    I’m saying IF UW goes 11-2 NOC because they didn’t win anything. That’s the whole point.
    I disagree. Beat WSU have Notre Dame and USC best Furd, and then hopefully beat Penn State or undefeated UCF in a bowl game
    There's no way UW makes the NY6. It's not happening unless the WSU game ends 69-0 or something.
  • Options

AZDuck said:

9-4 is still in play
    Yawn
  • Options

AZDuck said:

9-4 is still in play
    There's no way UW makes the NY6. It's not happening unless the WSU game ends 69-0 or something.
    Nice
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

AZDuck said:

9-4 is still in play
    Like Helfrich did his first year.