Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

This is inconvenient

2»

Comments

• Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    As I recall, you started the comparison.

They aren't equivalent.

A 155 artillery round will kill your ass. But a hydrogen bomb will kill you way better.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dflea said:

They aren't equivalent.

A 155 artillery round will kill your ass. But a hydrogen bomb will kill you way better.

Just fucking quit while you're 5 TD's behind already.
  • Options
    edited November 2017
    salemcoog said:

dflea said:

They aren't equivalent.

Just fucking quit while you're 5 TD's behind already.
    Shut up, faggot.

You don't know shit about guns or knives, so go fuck yourself.

Any time you want to meet up at 7-11, you bring your knife, I'll bring my gun, and you can roll the fucking dice.

There's a reason cops carry firearms instead of switchblades, you dumb fucking donkey.

If you just kept your hole shut, nobody would know you're a fucking retard. Why do you have to yell it from the rooftops and expose your idiocy?
  • Options
    Fenderbender123Fenderbender123 Member Posts: 2,887
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Standard Supporter
    It doesnt really matter if a knife can kill 58 people at once or if a knife can defend against a gun. Or is there something about 58 people dying at once in one location that is worse tha n 58 people dying in separate isolated incidents? Last I checked, a life is a life, and there is no solid proof that the overall amount of people who are murdered over time are decreased when guns arent available.

When we compare the US to other countries, we see that other countries already had a lower murder rate than the US before those countries banned guns, and that they were already trending toward that direction anyway. So there is nothing to conclude.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

It doesnt really matter if a knife can kill 58 people at once or if a knife can defend against a gun. Or is there something about 58 people dying at once in one location that is worse tha n 58 people dying in separate isolated incidents? Last I checked, a life is a life, and there is no solid proof that the overall amount of people who are murdered over time are decreased when guns arent available.

When we compare the US to other countries, we see that other countries already had a lower murder rate than the US before those countries banned guns, and that they were already trending toward that direction anyway. So there is nothing to conclude.

Australia says to fuck off.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    "This one time..."
    "This one country..."
    "My gun could totally beat up your knife."

Is that the best you guys got?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,276
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I'm waiting to see which of our constitutional rights strippers is going to saddle up to be on the gun takeaway squads and kick some doors In? I'm guessing 0 as they're all talk and no balls.
  • Options
    edited November 2017

"This one time..."
    "This one country..."

It's better than what you got.

Take your knife to a gun range and whip it out and confront someone. How long before you're dead? I'm guessing 30 seconds, tops. And that's assuming everyone clowns you for bringing your knife to a gun fight before they air you out.

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

The point is that if the law isn't going to deter anyone who is planning on killing people from obtaining weapons, then we are only preventing good, law-abiding citizens from obtaining them.

that's kind of a dumb poont. also contradicted by evidence freely available in every other country on the planet
    But people do still obtain weapons and kill other people with them. They might replace guns with knives, but people still kill other people.
    Sure. The same day as Sandy Hook some lunatic attacked a primary school in China with a kniife. Stabbed 23 people, mostly elementary school kids. Zero fatalities.

Compare/contrast.

And I could point out shootings where people were shot and didn't die, and stabbings where people were stabbed and did die.
    You might be being obtuse if you can't recognize that a gun is many, many times more deadly than a knife.

imageimage
    Bro, I've seen The Last Samurai.

You know people fill a 2 litre bottle 50/50 with ammonia and bleach, shake it up and throw it onto a subway car and kill all kinds of people, but they don't.

You could fill a bottle full of BB's, diesel, and fertilizer and wipe out hordes of people, but they don't outside of the Middle East.

PVC pipe filled will BB's, black powder, and sawdust could demolish people just as well.

No one does this shit in the US for the most part outside of McVey who did what he did partly because of guns in a roundabout way.

Wal-Mart doesn't sell these WMD's because that would be a completely unnecessary risk to society.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    ANFO bombs have to be pretty big to get decent bang + overpressure and require potent accelerant like TNT.

Pipe bombs gonna pipe bomb, but black powder is lousy primary ingredient for explosive and blast wave dissipates really quickly.

Decent bombs aren't easy to make, unless the Iranians are shipping Semtex to you by the ton, or you have thousands of 155 rounds lying around unattended.

You're welcome BTW,I just got this whole bored followed by @NSA_Dawg
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

"This one time..."
    "This one country..."

Take your knife to a gun range and whip it out and confront someone. How long before you're dead? I'm guessing 30 seconds, tops. And that's assuming everyone clowns you for bringing your knife to a gun fight before they air you out.

But that has nothing to do with whether or not banning guns will have a significant impact on overall murders.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited November 2017
    dflea said:

"This one time..."
    "This one country..."

Only your dumb ass would be stupid enough to challenge someone at a gun range with any type of weapon. It's clear you have no idea what your talking about. You just want to chime in for your team, Hondo style.

Stick to what you know.... Mom jokes and being a transparent, closeted homo.
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

dflea said:

"This one time..."
    "This one country..."

Only your dumb ass would be stupid enough to challenge someone at a gun range with any type of weapon. It's clear you have no idea what your talking about. You just want to chime in for your team, Hondo style.

Stick to what you know.... Mom jokes and being a transparent, closeted homo.
    You stick with what you know.

Sucking cock and being a fucking retard.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

ANFO bombs have to be pretty big to get decent bang + overpressure and require potent accelerant like TNT.

Pipe bombs gonna pipe bomb, but black powder is lousy primary ingredient for explosive and blast wave dissipates really quickly.

Decent bombs aren't easy to make, unless the Iranians are shipping Semtex to you by the ton, or you have thousands of 155 rounds lying around unattended.

It has nothing to do with blast radius and everything to do with fragmentation. A 9lb warhead doesn't sink a fighter jet, it's the hundreds of continuos rods that shoot out from it that does.

Blowing up hardened structures is hard. Taking out fleshlings isn't. It's hard.
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Mosster47 said:

AZDuck said:

It has nothing to do with blast radius and everything to do with fragmentation. A 9lb warhead doesn't sink a fighter jet, it's the hundreds of continuos rods that shoot out from it that does.

Blowing up hardened structures is hard. Taking out fleshlings isn't. It's hard.
    Sort of.

If I may, it has more to do with the overpressure that is going to fling the rods or disintegrate the seams in the frag lining that is necessary. Too many pipe bombs don't have enough to even properly shatter the pipe. Also, powder is super volatile, and I wouldn't pack that crap into a pipe even though I kinda sorta know what I'm doing. If you're going to take out more than a couple meters blast radius, you need real bang or a lot of ANFO.

Look at the Boston Marathon bombings. Two pressure cooker devices loaded with shrapnel. 3 dead, and those went off in the middle of a veritable sardine can of people. Lots of people got hurt by the shrapnel, and some pretty badly. But compared to what Mr. Poker Player did from the Mandalay Bay with his rifles, it wasn't much.

And holy fuck, those guys built theirs with gunpowder. Surprised they didn't blow their Uzbek or Tajik or whatever faces off. Although I guess the cops rectified that error.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,912
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    2001400ex said:

Australia says to fuck off.
    Anti-liberty shill heard from.

#stillhere