Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Holiday Bowl

Comments

• BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365

DeepSeaZ said:

I would love the Holiday Bowl against a team we can beat.

This team is probably legitimately the #15 team in the country. With better talent at WR, OL and OLB, a decent OC and a good QB - we are probably top 5.

Ultimately, what's good for the program is for us to get a lot of visibility in SoCal for a week and get a nice win. Sad that we boned the season on a dumb fuck bunch of shit at the Farm, but ultimately it's going well under Pete.

This offseason will determine how we go forward.

We better do something good with recruiting this year. I see 8-4 next year.
    If you see 8-4 now, the recruiting class won’t change that. How many impact true freshman have we had this year? Two. Ahmed is the only guy that has had any impact at all.

Edit: Forgot about Hunter Bryant.

The year before? TAYLOR RAPP Nick Harris and Fuller. They at least played a role.

We need a good class, but it’s not going to help much next year. Maybe one of the WR’s coming in can have an impact. That’s about it.
  • theknowledgetheknowledge Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,779 Founders Club
    BearsWiin said:

Worst. 11-2 season. EVAR.

I'd prefer to be 5-7 or 6-6. That's actually what I would prefer, to be 5-7 or 6-6.
  • MikeSeaverMikeSeaver Member Posts: 4,572
    Houhusky said:

San Diego > San Antonio > El Paso

also

Big 10 opponent > Big 12 opponent > ACC opponent

IMO If we are going to try the recruit Texas/South bullshit than its significantly better to play in San Antonio against Texas or Oklahoma State
    I can’t believe people still think this is a thing.

• BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 5,024

BearsWiin said:

Worst. 11-2 season. EVAR.

You mean Cal 2004 when they picked Texas over Cal for the Rose Bowl and Cal went to the Holiday Bowl?
    That was a 10-2 season. Pisses me off still, since that Cal team was absolutely made to derstroy the likes of Michigan. Instead we go to a bowel we didn't want to be in, and get mauled by a gimmick offense because Gregory insisted on only rushing three, and Tedford/Cortez forgot to RUN THE FUCKING BALL.

Two years later we took out our H-Day Bowel frustration on A&M, another 9-3 team that lost their three games by a total of six poonts, plungering them 45-10 in Marshawn's last game as a Golden Bear.

But yeah, 11-2 is unrealistic for UW anyway since I expect WSU will win next weekend and the team won't bother to show up for they're Disinterested Bowel
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,824

Swaye said:

What a waste of a season. Totally fucked it away. Thanks Downsox.

babushka really fucked us this year. It is not like we got manhandled or something. All we need to do was run the fucking ball.
    Kreist. You guys did run the ball against Stanford. But they stoned you. You had to pass the ball to have any chance to win. Your OLine isn’t very good this year, that’s why your on the outside looking in to everything.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

babushka really fucked us this year. It is not like we got manhandled or something. All we need to do was run the fucking ball.
    Kreist. You guys did run the ball against Stanford. But they stoned you. You had to pass the ball to have any chance to win. Your OLine isn’t very good this year, that’s why your on the outside looking in to everything.
    This is correct. No Trey and no Eldrenkamp hurt the worst.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

Most OLs would take a massive step down when you lose a 1st round caliber LT ...

The drop off from Eldrenkamp to Sosebee/Kirkland is vast ...

Then when you add to that teams not respecting the ability to stretch the field without Ross and instead stacking the box you get some difficult running situations ... lot easier to run against 7 man boxes when running 2 TE situations like we were most of last year.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,705 Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

salemcoog said:

Swaye said:

Most OLs would take a massive step down when you lose a 1st round caliber LT ...

The drop off from Eldrenkamp to Sosebee/Kirkland is vast ...

Then when you add to that teams not respecting the ability to stretch the field without Ross and instead stacking the box you get some difficult running situations ... lot easier to run against 7 man boxes when running 2 TE situations like we were most of last year.
    Don't forget we had to start Harris as a true freshman. Sure, he performs well, but it speaks volume to the OL talent/depth that a true freshman was one of our best OL last year.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754

DeepSeaZ said:

This team is probably legitimately the #15 team in the country. With better talent at WR, OL and OLB, a decent OC and a good QB - we are probably top 5.

Ultimately, what's good for the program is for us to get a lot of visibility in SoCal for a week and get a nice win. Sad that we boned the season on a dumb fuck bunch of shit at the Farm, but ultimately it's going well under Pete.

If you see 8-4 now, the recruiting class won’t change that. How many impact true freshman have we had this year? Two. Ahmed is the only guy that has had any impact at all.

The year before? Nick Harris and Fuller. They at least played a role.

We need a good class, but it’s not going to help much next year. Maybe one of the WR’s coming in can have an impact. That’s about it.
    Ugh. Man - why do you think the NCAA is the NFL? Recruiting is not a draft. Recruiting is about what happens THREE YEARS FROM NOW

I'm sure his point is that we need to make hay recruiting this year because next year we might be down and our class won't be as good.

So, getting a big class this year (which we probably won't) will help mitigate our CLASS next year, not our record. What about that is hard to understand?

Also - we are trying on a lot more JC guys right now. I don't know if that will bear fruit, but we are trying.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,143
    salemcoog said:

i hate you, i hate your fuckin face, and i hate your fucking poasts, but fuck, you're actually right for once.

the sun shines on a dog's ass every once in a while i guess.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123

DeepSeaZ said:

The year before? Nick Harris and Fuller. They at least played a role.

Ugh. Man - why do you think the NCAA is the NFL? Recruiting is not a draft. Recruiting is about what happens THREE YEARS FROM NOW

I'm sure his point is that we need to make hay recruiting this year because next year we might be down and our class won't be as good.

So, getting a big class this year (which we probably won't) will help mitigate our CLASS next year, not our record. What about that is hard to understand?

Also - we are trying on a lot more JC guys right now. I don't know if that will bear fruit, but we are trying.
    Maybe I misunderstood his point, but your first paragraph was the exact point I made.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246

So basically if you were a better team you would be a better team.

Got it.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 21,506 Swaye's Wigwam
    Mosster47 said:

So basically if you were a better team you would be a better team.

Got it.
    It’s time for you to fuck off for real and go bandwagon onto Bama. It’s your destiny, you stupid jack fuck.