Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• HouhuskyHouhusky Member Posts: 5,537

San Diego > San Antonio > El Paso

also

Big 10 opponent > Big 12 opponent > ACC opponent

IMO If we are going to try the recruit Texas/South bullshit than its significantly better to play in San Antonio against Texas or Oklahoma State
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    Pretty sure that the Alamo Bowl is the 1st choice for the conference after the Group of 6 Bowls or whatever the hell they are called ... the winner on Saturday will be going there ... although there's an outside chance I could see us in the Cotton Bowl if we beat the Cougs.
  • DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901

I would love the Holiday Bowl against a team we can beat.

This team is probably legitimately the #15 team in the country. With better talent at WR, OL and OLB, a decent OC and a good QB - we are probably top 5.

Ultimately, what's good for the program is for us to get a lot of visibility in SoCal for a week and get a nice win. Sad that we boned the season on a dumb fuck bunch of shit at the Farm, but ultimately it's going well under Pete.

This offseason will determine how we go forward.

We better do something good with recruiting this year. I see 8-4 next year.
  • whatshouldicareaboutwhatshouldicareabout Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,705 Swaye's Wigwam

Looks like the Alamo and Holiday bowls are on at the same time? Is that a typo? What the fuck Pac12?

Fox is trying to compete with ESPN for college football in the west, specifically the Pac-12 and Big 12.

Last year was the first year Fox had a bowl game (Foster Farms). This year they have 2 bowls (Holiday and Foster Farms), and they're trying to run them against ESPN bowls. Hopefully this translates into good match-ups.
  • TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680

I would love the Holiday Bowl against a team we can beat.

This team is probably legitimately the #15 team in the country. With better talent at WR, OL and OLB, a decent OC and a good QB - we are probably top 5.

Ultimately, what's good for the program is for us to get a lot of visibility in SoCal for a week and get a nice win. Sad that we boned the season on a dumb fuck bunch of shit at the Farm, but ultimately it's going well under Pete.

This offseason will determine how we go forward.

CHRIST.

SoCal won't give a shit about this dreck.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 23,503 Founders Club
    edited November 2017
    Tequilla said:

Pretty sure that the Alamo Bowl is the 1st choice for the conference after the Group of 6 Bowls or whatever the hell they are called ... the winner on Saturday will be going there ... although there's an outside chance I could see us in the Cotton Bowl if we beat the Cougs.

Correct

I see the Holiday and Alamo as equal, middle tier yawn bowls, but it would be nice to get more exposure in Tejas.

I don't get how the group of six even works now since it changes every two years, but somehow getting an at large to the Cotton would sort of salvage the season a little. It seems like a long shot without many quality wins, but they probably like the way we travel and the fact Suckattle-Tacoma is the 12th biggest media market.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,851
    PAC 12 always loses the holiday bowl because it's a let down game
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,589 Standard Supporter
    I don't think travelability plays into getting selected for the New Years 6 bowls anymore.

It's your conference's contracts for guarantees, and then once those are taken they take teams ranked by the CFP in order until they have 12 teams (4 for the playoff and 8 for the other bowls). Then they figure out the best matchups and locations.

We were 18th and Ok St lost in front of us. Cuog is in front of us. That can get us to 16, so still need a bunch teams in the 6-18 CFB rankings to lose.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,934 Founders Club
    This will make up for the times we got bids to the Holiday and Alamo bowls under Sark because we got pulled up by Stanford and Oregon making BCS bowls.