Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

draining the swamp

Comments

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    salemcoog said:

And here I thought we weren't doing anything for poor Puerto Rico.

Sounds like we were there as soon as the seas allowed by everything I'v read.

Also sounds like @dflea doesn't know how things get built.

I'm guessing the next big story is that not enough of employees of the subs were minorities. When at least probably 60% of them will be.

not all of us can be ex-Mettalica roadies
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Sledog said:

dflea said:

Hey, I hear that both employees at Whitefish are great. Let's get them to rebuild PR.

doogie should be here any minute to explain how this deal is on the up and up.

Yet you wonder how Obunghole got so rich?
    No I don't you fucking cock.
  • Options
    doogie said:

They don't have telephones with innerWebs in Whitefish, Mt.?

Know how I know you are either poor Or uninformed or unimaginative or maybe abundance?

You know how I know I can kick your ass?
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    You know how I know that will never ever ever ever ever ever happen? Even one day when we meet face-to-face?
  • Options
    doogie said:

You know how I know that will never ever ever ever ever ever happen? Even one day when we meet face-to-face?

We're gonna stake out your yacht club. We'll be the poor kids.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    doogie said:

Yeah. Do tell. You aren't one of my dads upstairs are you?
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

I'm guessing the next big story is that not enough of employees of the subs were minorities. When at least probably 60% of them will be.

*-Metallica
  • Options
    salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

*-Metallica
    **Metaalicaa
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

salemcoog said:

not all of us can be ex-Mettalica Hootie and the Blowfish roadies
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    How you know something Trump did is actually bad: Doogie, Salemcoog, and crew come and can't make a single post logically defending it, instead resort to the ever original and creative tactic of calling everyone triggered snowflakes
  • Options
    No need for you to shutter in fear here, specifically, what did Trump do here that's wrong? ( serious question)
  • Options
    doogie said:

No need for you to shutter in fear here, specifically, what did Trump do here that's wrong? ( serious question)

Allowed straight up chrony capitalism to occur when a $300 million contract needed to fix the Puerto Rican electrical grid got awarded to a 2 year old company... that has 2 employees... and which is located in the small ass Montana hometown of the secretary of the interior... all without any kind of bidding process or transparency.

Unless you hate the free market, or hate the American citizens living there without power for weeks on weeks, then there's no excuse for not going through a process to find the best company for the contract
  • Options
    NEsnake12 said:

doogie said:

Allowed straight up chrony capitalism to occur when a $300 million contract needed to fix the Puerto Rican electrical grid got awarded to a 2 year old company... that has 2 employees... and which is located in the small ass Montana hometown of the secretary of the interior... all without any kind of bidding process or transparency.

Unless you hate the free market, or hate the American citizens living there without power for weeks on weeks, then there's no excuse for not going through a process to find the best company for the contract
    doogie was only outraged by shit like this if Obama was doing it. Now it's ok by him

doogie is built on principle

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

doogie said:

You contradicted yourself in the same sentence

Reminds me of the uproar over Blackwater until Obama took over and Blackwater was the only company that could do hat they do so he kept them

This sounds like the fastest way to get boots on the ground. Trump already fired one guy for plane trips. If this is fraud fire them
  • Options

NEsnake12 said:

doogie said:

Reminds me of the uproar over Blackwater until Obama took over and Blackwater was the only company that could do hat they do so he kept them

This sounds like the fastest way to get boots on the ground. Trump already fired one guy for plane trips. If this is fraud fire them
    Yeah... because rushing out a contract to a company who's biggest resume point is a $1.3 million contract in Arizona is definitely the way to go. Absolutely no risk whatsoever in them not being up for the task and completely fucking up. Smart.

Remember when the Chilean miners got trapped? They didn't get a working solution to rescue them until their 3rd contracted company... previous 2 failed badly and wasted time and money. Better to get it right the first time
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    The goal is and has always been to get the power turned back on, Now.
    Hopefully, only one phone call was needed and the right man was called while Probably fly fishing in Montana because, that's how the Right Man for the job, rolls.

LIPO
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,430
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

doogie said:

Yeah... because rushing out a contract to a company who's biggest resume point is a $1.3 million contract in Arizona is definitely the way to go. Absolutely no risk whatsoever in them not being up for the task and completely fucking up. Smart.

Remember when the Chilean miners got trapped? They didn't get a working solution to rescue them until their 3rd contracted company... previous 2 failed badly and wasted time and money. Better to get it right the first time
    If you have ever been involved in federal contracting you'd know i am right

Its why they allow these things. It could still be fraud and I have no issue with getting them if it is. But the "process" would have them without power to this day

It also sounds like they are doing a good job
  • Options
    GwadGwad Member Posts: 2,855
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

NEsnake12 said:

doogie said:

He didn't contradict himself, the bold part is implicating a lack of free market procedure and the buffalo fuckers not getting the job done.
  • Options

NEsnake12 said:

NEsnake12 said:

doogie said:

If you have ever been involved in federal contracting you'd know i am right

Its why they allow these things. It could still be fraud and I have no issue with getting them if it is. But the "process" would have them without power to this day

It also sounds like they are doing a good job
    I'll let it play out.
  • Options
    edited October 2017
    Rossello said his administration would review PREPA’s contracting practices and forward findings to the island’s comptroller.

Rossello defended the deal, saying it was necessary to ensure Puerto Rico would have workers in place quickly.

“Of those (contractors) who met the requirements and aggressive schedules to bring brigades, one was asking for a substantial amount of money—which PREPA had no liquidity for—and another did not require it,” Rossello said. “That other one is Whitefish.”

there you go. Free Market right there in the first paragraph. PREPA CONTRACTING PRACTICES.

Sounds to me like Puerto Rico Governor, took the best deal a month ago and seems quite happy today.

What exactly is your problem with these results? 80% of the grid has been restored one month after near total destruction.