Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I don't get it ... I really don't

What is it with Washington fucktards wanting to hold on to the coach at any cost?

Do other schools go through this?

Why are excuses made? Why do dip shits like Roof put together fucking tomes of bullshit to save a coach who has clearly failed?

Seriously ... what the fuck?

Comments

• Options
    topdawgnctopdawgnc Member Posts: 7,838
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper

Funny you mention this. This is what really has been bothering me the past few days, people get so defensive about the coach; you would think it was their dad or something. I just don't understand, I want what is best for the University and our football team... Not what is best for the coach who is being paid handsomely to be an average coach.

FUCK

My wife is an Oregon State alum, and her dad went to Michigan.

At the start of this year she said ... if Hoke can't beat tOSU ... he should be fired. And if Riley can't beat Oregon, he should be fired.

Clean, no emotion, just an understanding these aren't the guys if they can't win.

If she gets it ... why can't the rest of these fucktards?
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    edited November 2013
    Exactly. You can see how good he is with his rhetoric when he goes to his Monday Press Conference and two days later the media is mentioning the words he said to them on Wednesday as a semi-excuse.

Example: On Monday Sark mentioned "how close they are" but with the caveat that they are, "Tired of being close".

Today Softy asks Sark a question after practice, the question was, "Do you feel like though, that you're kinda right there?"

If Softy had any idea about the power of rhetoric he would understand that on Monday Sark framed the discussion for the coming week by mentioning that they are "close", now the questions Softy is asking are about how close they are to winning, instead of how come you are 7-20 on the road as head coach at Washington, or how come you can't win more than 7 games, or how come you have lost at least 4 games in conference all 5 years at UW. The local fan out there who is just an average fan now gets to hear Sark say they are close over and over again all week and not the questions that really need to be asked.

It is fucking brilliant by Sark quite honestly, it is just too bad the media around here doesn't understand they are getting played like a fucking fiddle.

Just because Sark is a terrible coach doesn't mean he isn't a good public speaker. Most of us here see through all his bullshit but he comes off as very likable for the doogs and anyone in the media.

• Options
    digitsdigits Member Posts: 1,420
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Just because Sark is a terrible coach doesn't mean he isn't a good public speaker. Most of us here see through all his bullshit but he comes off as very likable for the doogs and anyone in the media.

His future seems destined for politics or tv. He is that good of a spin-doctor (i.e. The repetitive statement: "We're a good football team.") He's using a textbook method of persuasion, if you say the same thing, over-and-over, enough times, people start to believe it. To make matters worse, he really likes to hear himself talk.

Add in the current situation with the UW Pres/AD/BOR and we can expect a contract extension anytime.
  • Options
    AuburndawgAuburndawg Member Posts: 362
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    1. Sark says all the right things. People like him
    2. We have had some good wins. Sometimes the team looks good. Gives people hope
    3. Seattleites like to appear thoughtful and temperate.

But the tide is definitely turning.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,952
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    0-12 will be used for at least another five yrs. People still eat that up (fewer do now. finally).
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,752
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    topdawgnc said:

Funny you mention this. This is what really has been bothering me the past few days, people get so defensive about the coach; you would think it was their dad or something. I just don't understand, I want what is best for the University and our football team... Not what is best for the coach who is being paid handsomely to be an average coach.

FUCK

My wife is an Oregon State alum, and her dad went to Michigan.

At the start of this year she said ... if Hoke can't beat tOSU ... he should be fired. And if Riley can't beat Oregon, he should be fired.

Clean, no emotion, just an understanding these aren't the guys if they can't win.

If she gets it ... why can't the rest of these fucktards?
    agreed, but she may be getting a head of herself with her alma mater. you dump Riley, who shows he can keep them respectable and occassionally make them good, you are taking a risk. it's not a big job and the candidate pool might not be so great.

• Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

1. Sark says all the right things. People like him
    2. We have had some good wins. Sometimes the team looks good. Gives people hope
    3. Seattleites like to appear thoughtful and temperate.

But the tide is definitely turning.

Most if not all of his "good" wins deserve a * by it
  • Options
    sarktasticsarktastic Member Posts: 9,208
    5 Awesomes Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Look at what Pete Carrol is doing with the Seahawks.

Sark is the main branch of his coaching tree.

I would hate to see Sark leading Missouri or Miami to national championships knowing we had him right here and fired him simply because a few noisy fans, prolly Coug or Duck trolls, or Beavers popping off now that they're ranked... got impatient
  • Options
    trackertracker Member Posts: 866
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Photogenic

I
    topdawgnc said:

What is it with Washington fucktards wanting to hold on to the coach at any cost?

Why are excuses made? Why do dip shits like Roof put together fucking tomes of bullshit to save a coach who has clearly failed?

It's all about the Five Stages of Grief.
    Some people move through each stage quicker than others.
    In this case some are personally attached to Sark---their reasons may vary.
    Others may have difficulty accepting the idea that the UW screwed-up another
    coaching hire.

It' all very psychological.

1) Denial and Isolation
    2) Anger
    3 Bargaining
    4) Depression
    5) Acceptance
    http://psychcentral.com/lib/the-5-stages-of-loss-and-grief

• Options
    WazzusJobuWazzusJobu Member Posts: 45
    Photogenic 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Fear of the unknown, new coach, new rules. Roof has all access to UW right now, she doesn't want to change that. She wants to sell as many subscriptions to Doogs. Coogfan did the same thing with The Clown, giving Walden a free platform, writing opinion pieces insulting our president and his dislike for The Clown because The Clown's staff was giving them all access to the program, interviews, recruiting, and what not. Once Leach came in, he shut the door to the entire media, including Coogfan and you could tell they were butthurt about it too because their tone tone towards Wazzu Football wasn't sunshine and lollipops anymore, it was bitterness.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's classic tribalism. He's one of *US* so of course we have to protect him. It's why Democrats can't quit swallowing Obama's spooge, Republicans reelected Dubya, and Quooks still love Rich Brooks.

LRR
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,528
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Totally right and thanks for hitting both sides of the aisle.
    dnc said:

It's classic tribalism. He's one of *US* so of course we have to protect him. It's why Democrats can't quit swallowing Obama's spooge, Republicans reelected Dubya, and Quooks still love Rich Brooks.

LRR

• Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    HR, YK
    dnc said:

LRR

• Options
    TommySQCTommySQC Member Posts: 5,813
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

FUCK

LOL 17

• Options
    HeretoBeatmyChestHeretoBeatmyChest Member Posts: 4,295
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    It's hard to listen to Sark speak. He's a fucking clown who isn't even coherent.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    topdawgnc said:

I've given my theory previously - Sark is viewed as a nice guy, and an energetic/dynamic young go-getter with potential. (enough adjectives there for ya?).

If he had the exact same record, and the exact same inability to recruit OLs and interior DLs, he would not be as popular.

Basically people have been hypnotized.
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Passion said:

topdawgnc said:

I've given my theory previously - Sark is viewed as a nice guy, and an energetic/dynamic young go-getter with potential. (enough adjectives there for ya?).

If he had the exact same record, and the exact same inability to recruit OLs and interior DLs, he would not be as popular.

Basically people have been hypnotized.
    Sounds a lot like your buddy Obama.