Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Christopher Brown Jr., 2018 4* RB, Oceanside (El Camino), CA (OFFERED 5/26/17)

13»

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

pat_hm said:

He's only ours if Jon Nansen and USC don't want him imo

On the verge of committing, then Nansen just followed him on Twitter (and Brown followed right back). I think our coaches freaked out because right after Nansen did that, Huff, Malloe, and Lake quickly followed him.
    Holy shit we are the desperate fat girl at the bar that nobody wants to fuck.
    We???
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    It sounds like the UW staff is letting Newton commit to Cal. They told him not to come up on Monday when his flight was delayed and said "just come up on an official visit".

This makes me think they feel very good about Brown. However, 2 things scare me
    1- he hasn't committed yet. He's obviously past the Petersen "go home and make sure" window. This leads me to believe that he may be waiting to see who else offers. It was reported that he was trying to get one from UCLA last week.
    2- USC has 0 RB commits. Oregon and UCLA have 2 each. I'm not sure what SC's recruiting board looks like but in a down year for RBs, they could very well start eyeing Brown
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

It sounds like the UW staff is letting Newton commit to Cal. They told him not to come up on Monday when his flight was delayed and said "just come up on an official visit".

1- he hasn't committed yet. He's obviously past the Petersen "go home and make sure" window. This leads me to believe that he may be waiting to see who else offers. It was reported that he was trying to get one from UCLA last week.
    2- USC has 0 RB commits. Oregon and UCLA have 2 each. I'm not sure what SC's recruiting board looks like but in a down year for RBs, they could very well start eyeing Brown

USC has the RB from Maryland, Mychale Salahuddin.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,926
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

USC has the RB from Maryland, Mychale Salahuddin.
    I stand corrected. Hopefully they are only taking one.
  • Options
    HuskyClawsHuskyClaws Member Posts: 1,170
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes

He's not allowed to visit during August, so an official visit is his only option. August is now a quiet period. He tried visiting on the very last possible day, but that fell through.