Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Dylan Morris, 4* 2019 QB, Graham (Graham-Kapowsin), WA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

@Babushka officially moves out of the shit tier recruiters with this one. That's three 4 star QB's in two classes. Yeah two of them are in state and one of them came because of Lubick, but scorebored is all that matters. Smiff's scorebored looks pretty good of late. Especially given the RISE concerns.

Not saying he's Lubick or Lake, don't twist. But he's at least in the Bonerpoppa/PaoPao tier as opposed to the Malloe/Strausser tier where he was before.

Incremental progress and chit.

Half of the job is to coach and other to recruit. He still sux as an OC
    Babushka is far from perfect as an OC ... but if you look at our results on offense last year it's hard to be very critical of the job Babushka did on the whole
    I guess having superior athletes did not help last year. Everytime UW played a team of same talent level it had trouble.
    Alabama had superior talent ... in both games we lost our struggles started on the OL and in particular on the C and RG positions

Also in both games you can really argue that Browning's shoulder issues also were limiting

The game plan against Alabama actually wasn't that bad ... we did a lot of good things there (more than what many would admit)
    He's right, you know. The offense generated two touchdowns after all.

Browning made the wrong read ... but where did the pressure come from on that play?
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BallzDeep said:

Lol Nick Harris lasted for like half a second that play. God I hope Bainivalu is a Freshman All-American at LG.

It was an assignment error or wrong protection called. Notice McGary blocks nobody?
  • Options
    BallzDeep said:

BallzDeep said:

Lol Nick Harris lasted for like half a second that play. God I hope Bainivalu is a Freshman All-American at LG.

It was an assignment error or wrong protection called. Notice McGary blocks nobody?
    They obviously knew what the play was and had a defensive call to beat it. DE that was McGary's responsibility dropped into coverage. He had no chance to react and block the blitzing LB. No RB in the back field to block the blitzing LB. Harris also got easily blown up. The play was doomed from the start. Jake obviously should have thrown it out of bounds.
    The opening on the play was the swing to in motion receiver ... but given how quick the pressure was on the play Browning never had a shot to get through the progressions
  • Options

BallzDeep said:

If that's your takeaway you are more of an idiot than I give you credit for
  • Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    #3 QB in the country for the class of 19' per Scout fail. Not terrible. Could be a down year at the position so I don't hate this commit, even if he has less perceived upside than Sermon on Yanky. Regardless, he wouldn't see the field until 2021 at the earliest. Depth!
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2017
    BallzDeep said:

For UW's sake I hope he RS. His best football is when he is 300+ Lbs. would be a shame to waste one year when he is still developing
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    tvoie said:

I will say it. If UW had tackled, blocked, and scored TDs better, they would have beat Bama.

You forgot to mention that water is wet
  • Options
    tvoietvoie Member Posts: 996
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

What is RISE? And why is it a big deal?

Tripper, you were never invited to play on these kinds of things, because you sucked... but...

There are teams basically the equivalent of AAU teams that do this bullshit 7-on-7 crap and work out together.

In WA there are basically two: FSP (Ford Sports Performance, headed by Tracy Ford who is a shrimp who played at BHS then Idaho) and RISE headed by a guy named Reggie Jones that was more south-Sound focused.

It's starting to be like AAU where they have rivalries and hate each other (FSP and RISE guys beef on twitter sometimes; I'm sure they talk a lot of shit about each other).

The whole thing is completely fucktarded, but... it is the reality, so... we have to deal with it one way or another.

The big thing is that we've had a strong pipeline with FSP kids and Tracy loves us.

Reggie is just now putting out his first big recruits and his first one went to Oregon (Harrison). Because there is a rivalry and FSP kids mostly go to UW, there has been a worry that RISE kids would trend out of state.

While that's not a HUGE deal right now (all in state kids leaving is awful, tho), they have BIG TIME kids in '19 and '20. We don't want a trend to develop.

So, getting the QB of RISE to commit will be a nice thing and set up precedent where there's not some weird vibe that RISE kids leave and FSP kids are 'mama's boys' and stay.
    This is some interesting shit DDY. I had no idea on any of this RISE stuff. If this helps brings Smalls, I am all for it. Also, Morris has a lot of solid offers for not being very good...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

BallzDeep said:

The LB blitzing comes in untouched.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

BallzDeep said:

The LB blitzing comes in untouched.
    Over the RG
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It very well could have been Harris who fucked up. It could have been the call. It could have been McGary. Maybe Coleman was supposed to stay in and protect if they saw that look.

Harris got abused all game. No argument there, but that play was obviously janky and fucked from the beginning.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment

Passion said:

dnc said:

@Babushka officially moves out of the shit tier recruiters with this one. That's three 4 star QB's in two classes. Yeah two of them are in state and one of them came because of Lubick, but scorebored is all that matters. Smiff's scorebored looks pretty good of late. Especially given the RISE concerns.

Not saying he's Lubick or Lake, don't twist. But he's at least in the Bonerpoppa/PaoPao tier as opposed to the Malloe/Strausser tier where he was before.

Incremental progress and chit.

Disagree: Sirmon was Pete, Yankoff was Lubick and this was Pete.

The only one that wasn't a chip in was Yankoff and that was all Lubick/Pete.

If we pull Tanner McKee and he cites Smith, then we can talk.
    Disagree. Smith's area of the team put up big numbers and he produced the 6th place vote-getter for the Heisman.

Babushka helps, though admittedly he may need Pete of Lubick to seal the deal. Malloe just needs to go away.
    Our offense was Jack Pardee bullshit. We plowed bad teams and scored 7-10 points against good teams.

I've said it a million times, if you give up 45 points in critical games, but only 10 against bad offenses you are not a good defense.

If you score 50+ against shit teams and 7 against a good one, you are not a good offense.

We have a better team than everyone. That's why we scored. Our offense is dreck against similar competition.
    With all the points and yards generated last year, The offense was good. Not great. Babushka can easily sell it. Yes, he and brownshorts crapped the bed against usc and bama.

But that doesn't change my point. 6th place Heisman Trophy finalist and an offense that demolished most people. He can sell that to an eighteen year old.