Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Best Seattle 90s group

Comments

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nirvana

What do you buttfucks know about Seattle scene. Pup was in mosh pits at "off ramp" and 'rock candy' for your 'poll' bands. Where's mudhoney, supersuckers, goodness as a few examples...wheres all the other bands during that era you left out your captain obvious poll? Nobody here saw chains, SG, Nirvana (who stunk) bac k in late 80's early 90's, or all the prime "grunge" (hate that term), it was fucking killer music. Nirvana was ok at best. Chains was, is and will always be Seattles best band. It Aint even fucking close.

Whoever polled nirvana is a fucking typical seattle transplant goof. .whoever bashed Heart is said typical transplant who knows ZILCH about Seattle music history.
    They fucking rocked when they werent harmonizing dog and butterfly for the snowflakes like yourselves. Ann Wilson f-ing rocked. Roger Fisher too. Quick guys, google seattle bands and educate yourselves so you sound like u know what youre talking about. Dont try and be hip like Pup, you nerdy fucks all listen to Drake on replay

I've moshed at the Rock Candy and polled Nirvana. So fucking what.
    But did you mosh off a ramp?
    No ramp moshing for me. Was just a little handicapped is all by lack of sleep...had to be on Lake Washington at 6AM that Saturday morning for practice. No late Friday night Friends or Seinfeld parties for this guy.
  • Options
    pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

What do you buttfucks know about Seattle scene. Pup was in mosh pits at "off ramp" and 'rock candy' for your 'poll' bands. Where's mudhoney, supersuckers, goodness as a few examples...wheres all the other bands during that era you left out your captain obvious poll? Nobody here saw chains, SG, Nirvana (who stunk) bac k in late 80's early 90's, or all the prime "grunge" (hate that term), it was fucking killer music. Nirvana was ok at best. Chains was, is and will always be Seattles best band. It Aint even fucking close.

Whoever polled nirvana is a fucking typical seattle transplant goof. .whoever bashed Heart is said typical transplant who knows ZILCH about Seattle music history.
    They fucking rocked when they werent harmonizing dog and butterfly for the snowflakes like yourselves. Ann Wilson f-ing rocked. Roger Fisher too. Quick guys, google seattle bands and educate yourselves so you sound like u know what youre talking about. Dont try and be hip like Pup, you nerdy fucks all listen to Drake on replay

No ramp moshing for me. Was just a little handicapped is all by lack of sleep...had to be on Lake Washington at 6AM that Saturday morning for practice. No late Friday night Friends or Seinfeld parties for this guy.
    Liar. Those shows were on THURSDAY
  • Options
    Founders Club
    So many people to the death pool in this thread.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nirvana
    pawz said:

Liar. Those shows were on THURSDAY
    Well the show I mosh pitted was on a Saturday (I verified the date before posting). That I can't remember correctly what night Seinfeld and Friends aired on doesn't detract from my cool story.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,522
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    Surprised (and rather disappointed) no one mentioned

"Said, I've been around the world
    Wrote a million songs, it's all a bore to me
    I've slept in the gutter and I've lied with the dogs DAWGS
    It never bothered me"

https://youtube.com/watch?v=h9AjYfGMZaA

"He who rides a pony HUSKY will some day fall":

https://youtu.be/lH0gnwtSEGI
  • Options
    CheersWestDawgCheersWestDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,475
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Fuck. Another Music Superiority Guy thread. Fuck y'all.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited May 2017

Fuck. Another Music Superiority Guy thread. Fuck y'all.

@HarveyRoad, true?!
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,843
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Soundgarden

Soundgarden had some good deep tracks, better than the other big three, IMO. I don't listen to grunge music all that often because it's generally bummer music and this world is fucked up enough as is. I don't need a lot of reminders.

Do you actually feel bummed out listening to it? I don't really get that way listening to it and a lot of times it makes me feel better or I'm just listening to some good music cranked up loud.

I will say I listened to some Soundgarden after Chris Cornell died and had an eerie moment or two because of the lyrics, but it's not like all the songs are "bummer" types, despite the dark lyrics.
    I listened to a lot of that stuff when I was bummed out. A lot of it is pretty dark, especially AiC and Soundweed. Now in my late thirties I'm usually in more of an angry/get off my lawn you idiots mindset, but I listen to the usual classick rock/ hair bands and new wave.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,857
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Soundgarden had some good deep tracks, better than the other big three, IMO. I don't listen to grunge music all that often because it's generally bummer music and this world is fucked up enough as is. I don't need a lot of reminders.

Do you actually feel bummed out listening to it? I don't really get that way listening to it and a lot of times it makes me feel better or I'm just listening to some good music cranked up loud.

I will say I listened to some Soundgarden after Chris Cornell died and had an eerie moment or two because of the lyrics, but it's not like all the songs are "bummer" types, despite the dark lyrics.
    I listened to a lot of that stuff when I was bummed out. A lot of it is pretty dark, especially AiC and Soundweed. Now in my late thirties I'm usually in more of an angry/get off my lawn you idiots mindset, but I listen to the usual classick rock/ hair bands and new wave.
    Wait until you are @RaceBannon old. Poison and Motley Crue will take you to a Gran Torino state of rage.

• Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    Founders Club
    2 months later and Alice in Chains still kicks the shit out of Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

Soundgarden and Screaming trees go second and third
  • Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    Don't give a shit, all these bands are yesterday's news.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    edited July 2017
    Pearl Jam
    No love for Pearl Jam? The solo in alive is one of the best of all time.

https://youtu.be/wGiTPgvKktM?t=3m33s
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Nirvana

No love for Pearl Jam? The solo in alive is one of the best of all time.

https://youtu.be/wGiTPgvKktM?t=3m33s

I don't hate the Mother Love Bone guys or McCready but Eddie Vedder gets on my nerves
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Soundgarden

2 months later and Alice in Chains still kicks the shit out of Nirvana and Pearl Jam.

WTAF. Screaming Trees?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Nirvana

WIth you on one and two
  • Options
    dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,221
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Don't give a shit, all these bands are yesterday's news.

That's why the thread is called "Best Seattle 90s group" you fucking goat.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,566
    Founders Club

WTAF. Screaming Trees?

I like the guitar riffs in their songs a lot
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Nirvana
    I was listening to No Code last night on the hi fi. I think that was an underrated record.