Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

no Ducks drafted

13»

Comments

• Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Well, the team was mostly freshman last year and the couple of guys that would have been drafted this year came back.

Don't worry, this arbitrary stat will be fixed in 2018.

Doog Legend Jim Harbaugh had more players drafted than Nick Saban this year, but in typical Doog Legend fashion he just talked a bunch of shit, lost every game that mattered, and didn't win any sort of trophy. Elite coach though, totes.

Which guys were those?
    I'm guessing Carrington and Freeman. Carrington is 6'2" athletic, fast enough at just under 4.5, and a big-play kid. He needs to add some weight for the next level but I'm guessing someone would draft him in the later rounds. If Freeman plays to his capabilities, he's a first 3 rounds pick.
    Agreed on Freeman. I don't think he would have been drafted had he come out after this season though. He was terrible. Pussy too.
    That is a bingo. Same for Carrington. Anyone seen the list if WRs that went undrafted?

Skill position players that don't produce and disappear against every good defense they play aren't going to get draftrled regardless of how they perform at the underwear olympics.

Well I don't entirely disagree ... Cane bias aside, I won't be surprised if a lot of teams kick themselves in the ass for passing on Stacy Coley and letting him slip to, what, the 7th round? So your point about WRs that went undrafted is not without merit.

That said, I'm guessing a guy who averaged almost 20 yds. per catch as a freshman and sophomore hasn't always disappeared against good defenses ... unless all the defenses he ever played were shitty. He caught a buck and a quarter for two scores against Washington at Husky Stadium in 2015. Whatever his production or lack thereof in 2016 has to have a huge asterisk next to it given what went on down there.

I'm not saying the kid is the next Dez Bryant, but he's long and athletic and has a knack for making big plays. Not the most explosive guy nor the strongest ... but I'd guess he has as good a chance to be drafted as not.
    USC 1 catch for 7 yards
    Stanford: 3 for 37
    UW: 3 for 47
    Nebraska 2016: 3 for 36

No TDs.

In previous years yes he had big games against good defenses including UW but why did his production get worse? What is his work ethic like? Missing a national championship for weed is a huge red flag and then you are going to tell me his junior year is by far his worst?

What went down at Oregon in 2016? As the quooks will remind us- the offense was fine. They threw for only 175 less yards (more yards on a per game basis.) Carrington just wasn't getting the same percentage.

I'd be curious to know the target stats- did his catch rate go way down? His YPC went way down so one would think his catch rate and total catches would have gone up...
    The weed thing was bullshit. The NCAA doesn't have a threshold in their test like the military, police, NASA, NFL, etc. He was under the second-hand threshold but the fucktarded NCAA is 0.00. He admitted he had been around people smoking it frequently but doesn't use it himself.

Also he went one year from having the best QB to play in the Pac-12 since Carson Palmer to a Big Sky turd and a true freshman playing behind a freshman O-line. There were a ton of short throws last year.

It took seven players to defend Mariota himself until Carrington, Allen, Stanford, Addison, and Brown were out. You couldn't cover those guys with four people.
    salemcoog said:

AZDuck said:

Freeman is too fucking stupid for the NFL if he went back to Oregon

See Lockner, Jake

Running backs don't have to be smart

HTH
    Freeman's a pedestrian back by NFL standards. He's big but given the slightest nick of injury, he doesn't run hard and has below average speed for an NFL back. He will have to have one hell of a Season and combine to be drafted imo. He's a great college back but his tape doesn't translate as anything other than run o mill in the League.
    Jonathan Stewart didn't run hard when he was the slightest bit injured. He would flat out quit if there wasn't anything to gain. Look at 07. Dixon went down, he had a "toe injury" for a month then magically rushes for like 586 yards in the bowl game to up his draft stock.

Playing for free when you can play for millions is fucking stupid. Freeman will go in the first two rounds this year.
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,712
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Mosster47 said:

Well, the team was mostly freshman last year and the couple of guys that would have been drafted this year came back.

Doog Legend Jim Harbaugh had more players drafted than Nick Saban this year, but in typical Doog Legend fashion he just talked a bunch of shit, lost every game that mattered, and didn't win any sort of trophy. Elite coach though, totes.

Bump @Mosster47

Oregon WR Darren Carrington suspended indefinitely after arrest on DUII; hit a McDonalds drive-through: https://t.co/4tCBzNJ653 #FulmerCup

— The Fulmer Cup (@TheFulmerCup) July 1, 2017
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,911
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Mosster47 said:

Bump @Mosster47

Oregon WR Darren Carrington suspended indefinitely after arrest on DUII; hit a McDonalds drive-through: https://t.co/4tCBzNJ653 #FulmerCup

— The Fulmer Cup (@TheFulmerCup) July 1, 2017

Willie will suspend him for the first 2 plays against UC Davis or whoever
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Better now than in November.
  • Options
    Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,861
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

Doog thred

Doog OP

butt hurt much?
    no. It's Dooging because (1) I don't really care about where Oregon guys get drafted or if they get drafted, I only care about how well they played at Oregon, and (2) in the backdraft of the best UW season since 2000 you're poasting about Oregon not getting anyone into the draft.

That's dooging
    and it got on your nerves enough to respond a few times, chump