Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

"Melting Pot" is now a "Microagression" (Disclaimer for Coker: This is a post relating to politics)

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,048
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Highly recommend this piece by Peter Beinart, who is a liberal pundit, detailing how FS the Democratic party has become on the immigration issue. Now wonder these clowns can't win an election w/o BHO on the ticket. https://www.theatlantic.com/magazine/archive/2017/07/the-democrats-immigration-mistake/528678/

Comments

• Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606
    It comes down to

White = evil and bad
    Brown = exploited and good
  • Options
    doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    "In July 2015, two months after officially announcing his candidacy for president, Sanders was interviewed by Ezra Klein, the editor in chief of Vox. Klein asked whether, in order to fight global poverty, the U.S. should consider “sharply raising the level of immigration we permit, even up to a level of open borders.” Sanders reacted with horror. “That’s a Koch brothers proposal,” he scoffed. He went on to insist that “right-wing people in this country would love … an open-border policy. Bring in all kinds of people, work for $2 or $3 an hour, that would be great for them. I don’t believe in that. I think we have to raise wages in this country.”

funny how fast things change, isn't it?
  • Options
    SoutherndawgSoutherndawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,240
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Founders Club
    edited June 2017

Bill Clinton 1995 sounded like Donald Trump 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3yesvvYEvs
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    It's a blackeye for @BearsWiin, IMO
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,048
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'm not going to read that Tequilla article but I agree with the premise that democrats are fucking stupid on immigration.

It's great that our country at one time took anyone willing to come here but the truth is that wasn't out the goodness of our hearts. We needed bodies, poor or rich or whatever, we had a big ass country to fill. And it worked, it built us to the worlds lone super power. But we're no longer the little country that could and it's no longer what's best for our country.

They actually have an audio feature now on some of the Atlantic's pieces where someone reads the TL; DR articles to you. It's pretty kick ass.
  • Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Bill Clinton 1995 sounded like Donald Trump 2015

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3yesvvYEvs
    I don't think anyone denies we need better border security. The issue that Trump brings up is the wall, which is FS. You can accomplish better border security without wasting the money on a wall.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

I'm not going to read that Tequilla article but I agree with the premise that democrats are fucking stupid on immigration.

It's great that our country at one time took anyone willing to come here but the truth is that wasn't out the goodness of our hearts. We needed bodies, poor or rich or whatever, we had a big ass country to fill. And it worked, it built us to the worlds lone super power. But we're no longer the little country that could and it's no longer what's best for our country.

I can summarize in two sentences.

Low-skilled and uneducated native born Americans cannot effectively compete in a free market against third-world labor despite being born with every economic and educational advantage possible.

If ever there was greater or more complete evidence, the truth of the matter is that white trash are suffering the consequences of their own making and neither bill Clinton, Obama or trump (neither pandering GOP or Dems) can save them with foolish and nativist economic policies.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,606

White privilege white privilege I'm a fucking pussy who still loves Obama
    Fixed
  • Options

Fixed
    Hey @CuntWaffle why is the sun doovil so angry?
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Fixed
    Hey @CuntWaffle why is the sun doovil so angry?
    Sounds like you care
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Fixed
    White privilege implies continued success for those with skills, high incomes, and successful lives. What does that have to do with white trash?
  • Options
    RedRocketRedRocket Member Posts: 1,526
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

We still need bodies because population growth has stagnated. I'm fine with slowing the flow of immigrants but I'm also ok with modest levels of economic growth. It's hard to have both if your population base isn't having babies.