Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jay-Z's nephew commits to Hopkins

2»

Comments

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    NEsnake12 said:

Basnight and 206hoops both RT'ed the commit and didn't talk trash about it... shockingly.

Basnight/206Hoops later called him a mid-level recruit
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 15,112

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

This bored would rather have soft ass Dejon Davis because he's from Seattle. The same guys hating on Hopkins were sucking Archie Miller's dick begging him to come to Washington. The fact that he's Jay-Z nephew has nothing to do with how talented he is. Watch the tape. I've been a Hop defender from the get go and this only further illustrates why we made the right choice. NEWS FLASH: THERE'S A LOT MORE BASKETBALL TALENT ON THE EAST COAST. I know that's hard for the Basnights and 206hoops of the world to comprehend but a city dominated by white libtards and asians isn't always going to have an abundance of basketball talent year in year out. Sure there are the Kevin Porters (he's coming to UW) but there are also slow years where we will need to find talent elsewhere. Kid can play and the fact that Hop was able to pull him out of Rochester to Seattle given the circumstances bodes very well for our future recruiting endeavors.

@pat_hm I don't know shit about evaluating basketball. So i am glad that you feel this is a good signing.
    I'm no expert either but i've watched him play against strong competition and he's looked great. Smart player who has some explosive tendencies. I think the fact that he's Jay-Z's nephew takes away from how talented he is. It never hurts when you take a kid who other big time programs who also extended out committable offers to. Great way to end the 2017 class.
    My worry was that this was nick montana situation all over again.
    I was more worried it was the Cyler Miles situation all over again. Seriously, wtf are you talking about?
    From a strictly TBS standpoint, this is the type of recruit (mid-low level 4-star) that Romar absolutely could not develop. It will be interesting to see how he does with Hop.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,561 Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

NEsnake12 said:

Basnight and 206hoops both RT'ed the commit and didn't talk trash about it... shockingly.

Basnight/206Hoops later called him a mid-level recruit
    Basnights got 99 problems but this kid ain't one.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

This bored would rather have soft ass Dejon Davis because he's from Seattle. The same guys hating on Hopkins were sucking Archie Miller's dick begging him to come to Washington. The fact that he's Jay-Z nephew has nothing to do with how talented he is. Watch the tape. I've been a Hop defender from the get go and this only further illustrates why we made the right choice. NEWS FLASH: THERE'S A LOT MORE BASKETBALL TALENT ON THE EAST COAST. I know that's hard for the Basnights and 206hoops of the world to comprehend but a city dominated by white libtards and asians isn't always going to have an abundance of basketball talent year in year out. Sure there are the Kevin Porters (he's coming to UW) but there are also slow years where we will need to find talent elsewhere. Kid can play and the fact that Hop was able to pull him out of Rochester to Seattle given the circumstances bodes very well for our future recruiting endeavors.

Jake Almighty man no one would have been happy to get Miller and then have Miller get the same recruits at UW he was getting at Dayton. You assume with a step up in conference there will be a step up in recruiting. That's they the Kimmyisms about Pete not recruiting in the WAC anymore were doogtarded from the beginning.

The fact this kid once committed to Dayton is a mark against him, or did we learn nothing from Jernard Jarreau?

That said, he did have solid offers after he was released from Dayton, and he doesn't turn 18 until late August. Looks like a kid whose recruiting heated up late. I assumed he was 2018 when I saw the headline and poasted the article, if he's coming 2017 as hinted then I think it's a great get, if he's not coming until 2018 it's less exciting but still solid.

IDGAF where he's from.

I've seen him listed as 6'6", 6'5" and 6'4", his true height will be chinteresting.
    Archie re-offered once he got the Indiana job. Based on his offers he's not a "Dayton" level player. It's not like he was competing against Akron or Miami of Ohio (shout out to Wally Z) for him. If it anything it shows what a stud Archie is to pull a player of that caliber to a perceived lesser school like Dayton.

Either way, it's a good get by my guy Hop and I'm sticking to it. Him being able to get talent from back east, especially some bigs, will be crucial, especially during down cycles in the northwest.
    Who.gif
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

From a strictly TBS standpoint, this is the type of recruit (mid-low level 4-star) that Romar absolutely could not develop. It will be interesting to see how he does with Hop.

He's a 3 star by 3/4 of the services. Low level 4 star is being generous. If Hop develops him into something that's a major point in his favor. The last kid like this Romar got anything out of was probably Andrews.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

@pat_hm I don't know shit about evaluating basketball. So i am glad that you feel this is a good signing.
    I'm no expert either but i've watched him play against strong competition and he's looked great. Smart player who has some explosive tendencies. I think the fact that he's Jay-Z's nephew takes away from how talented he is. It never hurts when you take a kid who other big time programs who also extended out committable offers to. Great way to end the 2017 class.
    This makes absolutely no sense.

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

Sure it does. He's saying he was afraid it was another player we? recruited because he had a famous family member, not because he was actually good. How is that not obvious?
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    This kid and Montana both had legitimate, committable offers (justified or not) from lots of topish schools.
  • priapismpriapism Member Posts: 2,037
    Nausea, is that a French name?
  • DugtheDoogDugtheDoog Member Posts: 3,180

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

My worry was that this was nick montana Cordell Broadus Romeo Miller Justin Combs situation all over again.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    I gave Nick Montana the "Big Sky" nickname.
    dnc said:

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

Sure it does. He's saying he was afraid it was another player we? recruited because he had a famous family member, not because he was actually good. How is that not obvious?
    Regardless of how he turned out, Nick Montana was the son of one of the greatest pro QBs of all time and a nationally recruited player out of high school.

This kid has an uncle who was a famous rapper. Hardly an apples to apples comparison.

A better one would be Naijel Hale, Snoop's kids, P. Diddy's son, or Warren G's kid. All of them have thus far turned out to be soft and shitty.

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

Regardless of how he turned out, Nick Montana was the son of one of the greatest pro QBs of all time and a nationally recruited player out of high school.

This kid has an uncle who was a famous rapper. Hardly an apples to apples comparison.

A better one would be Naijel Hale, Snoop's kids, P. Diddy's son, or Warren G's kid. All of them have thus far turned out to be soft and shitty.
    I didn't say it was a good comparison, I said it was obvious what he was trying to say. Because it was.
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

My worry is that he will get here, and realize Seattle Washington isn't in Washington DC and he will bail.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 43,561 Standard Supporter

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

You want the reggae kids

The Marleys are head hunters.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

Jake Almighty man no one would have been happy to get Miller and then have Miller get the same recruits at UW he was getting at Dayton. You assume with a step up in conference there will be a step up in recruiting. That's they the Kimmyisms about Pete not recruiting in the WAC anymore were doogtarded from the beginning.

The fact this kid once committed to Dayton is a mark against him, or did we learn nothing from Jernard Jarreau?

That said, he did have solid offers after he was released from Dayton, and he doesn't turn 18 until late August. Looks like a kid whose recruiting heated up late. I assumed he was 2018 when I saw the headline and poasted the article, if he's coming 2017 as hinted then I think it's a great get, if he's not coming until 2018 it's less exciting but still solid.

IDGAF where he's from.

I've seen him listed as 6'6", 6'5" and 6'4", his true height will be chinteresting.
    Archie re-offered once he got the Indiana job. Based on his offers he's not a "Dayton" level player. It's not like he was competing against Akron or Miami of Ohio (shout out to Wally Z) for him. If it anything it shows what a stud Archie is to pull a player of that caliber to a perceived lesser school like Dayton.

Either way, it's a good get by my guy Hop and I'm sticking to it. Him being able to get talent from back east, especially some bigs, will be crucial, especially during down cycles in the northwest.
    Who.gif
    Wally Szczerbiak. Former sonic and Miami of Ohio great.
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,744
    edited June 2017
    pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

IDGAF where he's from.

Who.gif
    Wally Szczerbiak. Former sonic and Miami of Ohio great.
    Oh!

I thought you were referring to local Ohio street ball legend Willy Zerbeak.
  • rustysavagerustysavage Member Posts: 942
    It's been said, but he yes he is much more intriguing to me than daejon. I'd have rather got a big but I'm not sure there are any worth a damn out there at this point. At least we didn't steal someone from EWU or SPU like I somewhat expected
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    pat_hm said:

Step away from my wheelhouse, fren.