Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jay-Z's nephew commits to Hopkins

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
Stealing commits from Dayton is always special!

Komo 4 buttfucker.

Comments

• RavennaDawgRavennaDawg Member Posts: 846
    If Miller had stayed at Dayton this bored would have been all about what an awesome recruiter and coach he is.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    feels like free pub type a move by hopkins
    pat_hm said:

This bored would rather have soft ass Dejon Davis because he's from Seattle. The same guys hating on Hopkins were sucking Archie Miller's dick begging him to come to Washington. The fact that he's Jay-Z nephew has nothing to do with how talented he is. Watch the tape. I've been a Hop defender from the get go and this only further illustrates why we made the right choice. NEWS FLASH: THERE'S A LOT MORE BASKETBALL TALENT ON THE EAST COAST. I know that's hard for the Basnights and 206hoops of the world to comprehend but a city dominated by white libtards and asians isn't always going to have an abundance of basketball talent year in year out. Sure there are the Kevin Porters (he's coming to UW) but there are also slow years where we will need to find talent elsewhere. Kid can play and the fact that Hop was able to pull him out of Rochester to Seattle given the circumstances bodes very well for our future recruiting endeavors.

@pat_hm I don't know shit about evaluating basketball. So i am glad that you feel this is a good signing.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,839
    Better than Daejon
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941

pat_hm said:

This bored would rather have soft ass Dejon Davis because he's from Seattle. The same guys hating on Hopkins were sucking Archie Miller's dick begging him to come to Washington. The fact that he's Jay-Z nephew has nothing to do with how talented he is. Watch the tape. I've been a Hop defender from the get go and this only further illustrates why we made the right choice. NEWS FLASH: THERE'S A LOT MORE BASKETBALL TALENT ON THE EAST COAST. I know that's hard for the Basnights and 206hoops of the world to comprehend but a city dominated by white libtards and asians isn't always going to have an abundance of basketball talent year in year out. Sure there are the Kevin Porters (he's coming to UW) but there are also slow years where we will need to find talent elsewhere. Kid can play and the fact that Hop was able to pull him out of Rochester to Seattle given the circumstances bodes very well for our future recruiting endeavors.

@pat_hm I don't know shit about evaluating basketball. So i am glad that you feel this is a good signing.
    I'm no expert either but i've watched him play against strong competition and he's looked great. Smart player who has some explosive tendencies. I think the fact that he's Jay-Z's nephew takes away from how talented he is. It never hurts when you take a kid who other big time programs who also extended out committable offers to. Great way to end the 2017 class.
    pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

I'm no expert either but i've watched him play against strong competition and he's looked great. Smart player who has some explosive tendencies. I think the fact that he's Jay-Z's nephew takes away from how talented he is. It never hurts when you take a kid who other big time programs who also extended out committable offers to. Great way to end the 2017 class.
    My worry was that this was nick montana situation all over again.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    206Hoops stupidity is only matched by Basnight ... it's as if they are one in the same
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,792
    Basnight and 206hoops both RT'ed the commit and didn't talk trash about it... shockingly.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    pat_hm said:

Jake Almighty man no one would have been happy to get Miller and then have Miller get the same recruits at UW he was getting at Dayton. You assume with a step up in conference there will be a step up in recruiting. That's they the Kimmyisms about Pete not recruiting in the WAC anymore were doogtarded from the beginning.

The fact this kid once committed to Dayton is a mark against him, or did we learn nothing from Jernard Jarreau?

That said, he did have solid offers after he was released from Dayton, and he doesn't turn 18 until late August. Looks like a kid whose recruiting heated up late. I assumed he was 2018 when I saw the headline and poasted the article, if he's coming 2017 as hinted then I think it's a great get, if he's not coming until 2018 it's less exciting but still solid.

IDGAF where he's from.

I've seen him listed as 6'6", 6'5" and 6'4", his true height will be chinteresting.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member Posts: 16,419
    dnc said:

pat_hm said:

The fact this kid once committed to Dayton is a mark against him, or did we learn nothing from Jernard Jarreau?

We didn't. He never had coaching.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Gladstone said:

dnc said:

pat_hm said:

We didn't. He never had coaching.
    Exactly my point.

Those kids at small schools don't become great because they were some hidden gem, they become great because they got great coaching.

We don't know yet if Hopkins can coach. We know Miller can coach.
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    dnc said:

pat_hm said:

Jake Almighty man no one would have been happy to get Miller and then have Miller get the same recruits at UW he was getting at Dayton. You assume with a step up in conference there will be a step up in recruiting. That's they the Kimmyisms about Pete not recruiting in the WAC anymore were doogtarded from the beginning.

That said, he did have solid offers after he was released from Dayton, and he doesn't turn 18 until late August. Looks like a kid whose recruiting heated up late. I assumed he was 2018 when I saw the headline and poasted the article, if he's coming 2017 as hinted then I think it's a great get, if he's not coming until 2018 it's less exciting but still solid.

IDGAF where he's from.

I've seen him listed as 6'6", 6'5" and 6'4", his true height will be chinteresting.
    Archie re-offered once he got the Indiana job. Based on his offers he's not a "Dayton" level player. It's not like he was competing against Akron or Miami of Ohio (shout out to Wally Z) for him. If it anything it shows what a stud Archie is to pull a player of that caliber to a perceived lesser school like Dayton.

Either way, it's a good get by my guy Hop and I'm sticking to it. Him being able to get talent from back east, especially some bigs, will be crucial, especially during down cycles in the northwest.