Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Everyone just forgets about Kawhi

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member Posts: 30,123
    dtd said:

Late to the party, but it's fun to pile on. Leonard is 6th in the NBA in scoring, and that's what he's "worst" at. This is some tequila fucking stupid shit.

I would go with playmaking for his worst skill, but agree.
    Aldridge is playing like an All Star at the right time. They have a chance if he keeps playing like this.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Thompson is better than Curry!
    edited May 2017
    dnc said:

Green and Thompson both are overrated. I don't mean that as a slight either.

Green is a very good passer, but the reason he gets so many assists are the players he is passing to.

He shoots wide open shots. Great defender, but good offense always wins at the highest level.

He's not even close to being as good as Anthony Davis. Would any of you seriously start a team with him over John Wall? He's top 20, but top 10 is a huge stretch.

I would take Isaiah and Irving over Klay. Obviously a great shooter and scorer. Not a bad defender. He doesn't rebound and can't pass. Borderline top 20.

dnc said:

Green is a very good passer, but the reason he gets so many assists are the players he is passing to.

He shoots wide open shots. Great defender, but good offense always wins at the highest level.

He's not even close to being as good as Anthony Davis. Would any of you seriously start a team with him over John Wall? He's top 20, but top 10 is a huge stretch.

I would take Isaiah and Irving over Klay. Obviously a great shooter and scorer. Not a bad defender. He doesn't rebound and can't pass. Borderline top 20.
    I mostly agree though I'm higher on Green than you are just because of his defense. But yeah, Davis is better.
    dnc said:

I'm pro Durant, but this is pretty great

If they lose, Curry or Durant (most likely) will leave. The implosion will be beautiful.

dnc said:

If they lose, Curry or Durant (most likely) will leave. The implosion will be beautiful.
    I kind of doubt it. The Heat lost there* first year with the big three. I think Curry and Durant would come back for one more go.

If they don't win a ring by next June, it will definitely implode.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    dtd said:

Late to the party, but it's fun to pile on. Leonard is 6th in the NBA in scoring, and that's what he's "worst" at. This is some tequila fucking stupid shit.

I'm also the guy that made an argument that Westbrook was the 3rd best MVP candidate this year and that a great case could have been made for both Leonard over Harden.
    dnc said:

dnc said:

I kind of doubt it. The Heat lost there* first year with the big three. I think Curry and Durant would come back for one more go.

They have already talked about how they are supposed to hate each other but don't. They both are free agents after this year, unlike the Heat. LeBron and Wade are actually friends.

Their real employers are Under Armour and Nike. If they want them to leave, they will.

dnc said:

So this is where I take issue with people talking about this or that when evaluating top players ...

We (as a basketball observing public) IMO put too much weight on individual skill as a sign of ability. This idea that if you can't score 1 on 1 that you are some kind of lesser player is comical to me. A guy that is a threat as a catch/shoot player running off screens, etc. can put as much pressure on the defense as a guy that penetrates into the lane. It's not one or the other.

With regard to Draymond, I absolutely agree with you 100% that scoring is his weakness. He's an elite defender and for his size/position he's an elite playmaker. For better/worse given the team that he has he's not asked to be a scorer outside of taking advantage of the offense with either open shots, getting to the basket with blow by mismatches, or through offensive rebounding. Compared to a guy like Anthony Davis ... he's obviously not the scorer that Davis is ... but is Davis the defender/passer that Green is? Are the Warriors a better team with Davis than Green? And I love Davis ... and there's no question that they are different players ... but I also don't think it's a coincidence that the Warriors really took off when Green started getting more minutes.

As for Thompson, he's a 25 point per game scorer on a team where he's a higher end option. As is, he's a 22 point per game scorer as the #3 option on an elite team. On top of that, he's a very strong perimeter defender. He's far from an elite passer but the threat of him as a shooter keeps the space open on offense. The threat of elite outside shooting is as much of an offensive weapon as anything ... whether you make or not. The defense's desire to run guys off the line compromises the defense so quickly.

Would I start a team with Thompson or Green over Davis or Wall? Probably not if I'm looking at any of those guys being my #1 player. But is the definition of best players in the league simply the order of guys you'd take if you were starting a team?

dnc said:

dnc said:

They have already talked about how they are supposed to hate each other but don't. They both are free agents after this year, unlike the Heat. LeBron and Wade are actually friends.

Their real employers are Under Armour and Nike. If they want them to leave, they will.
    They won't lose ... and they won't leave.

The Warriors aren't a perfect team ... but they aren't that far away from being one.

dnc said:

dnc said:

All those are good poonts, and I don't think they're loosering so it will be moot, but if they do I still think they give it another shot.
    Murray has some balls
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Dejounte and Kawhi in 2 years is going to be ridiculous.
    Curry was a monster in the third, Durant has been unstoppable in the fourth.
  • CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    Spurs can't defend the Warriors without Kawhi. I think his ankle injury is going to be hard to overcome this series.
    How can a former all star like Aldridge get this rattled? What a bitch.

How can a former all star like Aldridge get this rattled? What a bitch.

I thought picking him up was huge for San Antonio - felt like the Lakers picking up Pau. Dude who can't carry a team but would be a really strong #2. I'm shocked how far he's fallen off. That said he's been pretty good the last game and three plus quarters.