Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Currently watching- Dear White People

allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
It's really good.

I know some of you will cringe at the title and cry reverse racism or racism or whatever but it's not that. And it's not condescending. It's an example of how great millennials can be.

I highly recommend it. It'll make you think. For example, and you guys aren't going to believe this, black people have problems...wait for it...caused by white people.

I know! Shocker! But what I mean by that is not the obvious racist problems, it's that white people can negatively impact how black people view themselves and each other. It's honestly something that I had never really considered. I've never felt that I wasn't white enough or that I was too white or that I either of those things was even a bad thing. White people dont need to be racist to cause this. It's actually what white privilege is.

Just fucking watch it. There's hot black chicks.

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,944
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    People have problems caused by people. Generally, people have problems caused by themselves not some fucking slave owner 150 years ago. Notwithstanding physical deformities or disabilities (and even then lots of folks overcome and do great things), your problems are of your own making. Figure it out. Because no one else gives a fuck about your individual well-being. Shocking, I know. The sooner people figure that out, the more fulfilling their life can be.

I'll watch it simply because you say it's decent. And maybe (unlikely) I'll back down from that core belief.

You hooked me with that last sentence, though. Tittays?
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    edited May 2017
  • Options

People have problems caused by people. Generally, people have problems caused by themselves not some fucking slave owner 150 years ago. Notwithstanding physical deformities or disabilities (and even then lots of folks overcome and do great things), your problems are of your own making. Figure it out. Because no one else gives a fuck about your individual well-being. Shocking, I know. The sooner people figure that out, the more fulfilling their life can be.

I'll watch it simply because you say it's decent. And maybe (unlikely) I'll back down from that core belief.

Here's the thing, millennials do care about everyone's well being. And for better or worse we're coming.

There are sex scenes but no boobs.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    APAG remains the most chinteresting poaster on the Tug
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Vanilla ate my chincredibly awesome reply.

Or it's awaiting Stalin's approval - which, as usual, means Get your shit together or put Sven in charge.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Dear black people,

NOGAF. We have our own problems. Start living in the present day and take responsibility for yourself as an individual.

TIA

-Whitey

P.S. I fucking hate millennials and those who enable their soft shit.
  • Options
    DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,476
    Swaye's Wigwam

I know! Shocker! But what I mean by that is not the obvious racist problems, it's that white people can negatively impact how black people view themselves and each other. It's honestly something that I had never really considered. I've never felt that I wasn't white enough or that I was too white or that I either of those things was even a bad thing. White people dont need to be racist to cause this. It's actually what white privilege is.

You've clearly never tried your hand at urban poetry on open mic night.
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    Doogles said:

You've clearly never tried your hand at urban poetry on open mic night.
    Hotel, motel, holiday inn.
    If your girl starts acting up, then you take her friend.

I knew I should have copyrighted that shit instead of letting the brutha steal it from me.

#whiterhymesmatter.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,751
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    White guilt isn't special either.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    phineas said:

dnc said:

***WARNING, gay poast incoming*******

Here's why I say that - APAG thinks for himself. He isn't beholden to a party or a cable news channel or politician or any other form of groupthink. He isn't afraid to go against the grain. If anything, he prefers it. I disagree with him on politics frequently but he always makes me think about why I feel the way I do, which I need and appreciate.

He makes you think AND feel. Chincredible.
    Hi there. That was implied.

"***WARNING, gay poast incoming*******"
  • Options

Here's the thing, millennials do care about everyone's well being. And for better or worse we're coming.

There are sex scenes but no boobs.
    Speak for yourself. I don't give a shit about anyone else.

A few bad apples.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,067
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

I have to agree, white people have had a very negative impact on my life. Fuck white people.

yeah you do
    Of course fuck all white people EXCEPT @dnc was implied. You're like special white.