Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon must really hate Pete (DPOTD! But still)

What started with the WhatsInTheBox.gif 70-21 mauling at Autzen and continued in last year's class by taking Duck legacy Eljiah Molden has snowballed this class. Pete is taking Oregon out at the knees. Consider:

Of the 8 commits UW has so far, 5 of them have significant ties to Oregon (legacy, from Oregon, or former commit). And that's not counting Jacob Sirmon who's uncle played for them. Oh, and Trey Lowe checks off two of those boxes.

Of the 8, 6 of them list Oregon offers, the only two that do not? Oddly enough, the Sirmon boys.

I'm certainly not suggesting that Pete is targeting kids specifically to BONEM. But I do think he's clearly prioritized taking back the northwest, and in order to do that he's bulldozed right over the top of the ducks.

Duck fans must really hate Pete.

Fuck I love the dude.

Comments

• Options
    NeGgaPlEaSeNeGgaPlEaSe Member Posts: 5,729
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

What started with the WhatsInTheBox.gif 70-21 mauling at Autzen and continued in last year's class by taking Duck legacy Eljiah Molden has snowballed this class. Pete is taking Oregon out at the knees. Consider:

Of the 8 commits UW has so far, 5 of them have significant ties to Oregon (legacy, from Oregon, or former commit). And that's not counting Jacob Sirmon who's uncle played for them. Oh, and Trey Lowe checks off two of those boxes.

Of the 8, 6 of them list Oregon offers, the only two that do not? Oddly enough, the Sirmon boys.

I'm certainly not suggesting that Pete is targeting kids specifically to BONEM. But I do think he's clearly prioritized taking back the northwest, and in order to do that he's bulldozed right over the top of the ducks.

Fuck I love the dude.

Pete Owns Oregon
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

dnc said:

Fuck I love the dude.

Pete Owns Oregon
    1-2, but still.
  • Options

Oregon has probably hated Petersen since this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKQwuLjT09Q

Death Row part 1, I love it
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I don't think Pete has any motivations besides getting the best class possible and it just so happens that this year is an outlier of a year in that the talent in Oregon is greater than in Washington.

The bigger takeaway for me in this is that the in-state Oregon kids aren't buying the BS that Willie T is selling before Game #1 ... which is a HUGE problem for Oregon. On one hand, I get that there should be a prove it to me aspect to recruiting and in Willie T's case he hasn't had west coast ties in years ... but it sure feels as if Willie T and company are getting a similar reception to what OL recruits would give after visiting with Strausser or WR recruits were given when talking about Pease.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,921
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Tequilla said:

I don't think Pete has any motivations besides getting the best class possible and it just so happens that this year is an outlier of a year in that the talent in Oregon is greater than in Washington.

The bigger takeaway for me in this is that the in-state Oregon kids aren't buying the BS that Willie T is selling before Game #1 ... which is a HUGE problem for Oregon. On one hand, I get that there should be a prove it to me aspect to recruiting and in Willie T's case he hasn't had west coast ties in years ... but it sure feels as if Willie T and company are getting a similar reception to what OL recruits would give after visiting with Strausser or WR recruits were given when talking about Pease.

I think it's more that kids really like what Pete is selling. When Bynum does an interview, I'm sure it will sound a lot like Molden's from last year.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

I think it's more that kids really like what Pete is selling. When Bynum does an interview, I'm sure it will sound a lot like Molden's from last year.
    For sure, the only people that wouldn't like what Pete is selling are the people that want to take shortcuts.
  • Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited April 2017

I'm angrily beating my meat because I hate Pete.

No, sorry. I'm angrily beating my meat because it's fun. I take that first part back.

you're angrily beating your meat... to a Husky recruiting bored?

or to the video of Oregon getting destroyed by BSU?

either way, kill yourself.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

Fuck I love the dude.

Pete Owns Oregon
    1-2, but still.
    3-2, but still.
    Boobs HATES facts.

Peterman lost to Ty at Boise State too, but I don't hold that against him
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

I'm angrily beating my meat because I hate Pete.

No, sorry. I'm angrily beating my meat because it's fun. I take that first part back.

you're angrily beating your meat... to a Husky recruiting bored?

or to the video of Oregon getting destroyed by BSU?

either way, kill yourself.
    I tried, but my body has built-up an immunity to black tar heroin.
  • Options

EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

Fuck I love the dude.

Pete Owns Oregon
    1-2, but still.
    3-2, but still.
    Boobs HATES facts.

Peterman lost to Ty at Boise State too, but I don't hold that against him
    Washington > Boisie > Oregon Maybe?
  • Options
    If Dawson goes elsewhere (which I still think is more likely than going to Oregon) ... that's 0 for the top 6 ...

If that happened at UW that would be a sign advocating an immediate firing