Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Oregon must really hate Pete (DPOTD! But still)

2»

Comments

• Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

EwaDawg said:

dnc said:

What started with the WhatsInTheBox.gif 70-21 mauling at Autzen and continued in last year's class by taking Duck legacy Eljiah Molden has snowballed this class. Pete is taking Oregon out at the knees. Consider:

Of the 8 commits UW has so far, 5 of them have significant ties to Oregon (legacy, from Oregon, or former commit). And that's not counting Jacob Sirmon who's uncle played for them. Oh, and Trey Lowe checks off two of those boxes.

Of the 8, 6 of them list Oregon offers, the only two that do not? Oddly enough, the Sirmon boys.

I'm certainly not suggesting that Pete is targeting kids specifically to BONEM. But I do think he's clearly prioritized taking back the northwest, and in order to do that he's bulldozed right over the top of the ducks.

Duck fans must really hate Pete.

Fuck I love the dude.

Pete Owns Oregon
    1-2, but still.
    3-2, but still.
    Boobs HATES facts.

Peterman lost to Ty at Boise State too, but I don't hold that against him
    Saban lost to Lambo
    Firing Lambo was a mistake.
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    AZDuck said:

I'm going to bookmark this thred for when Oregon starts recruiting

I started Twitter stalking Steve Stevens. Even though it seems a little weird that Billy Idol's guitarist would be choosing if he wants to play safety for USC, UCLA, Colorado or Oregon this weekend.

Still, it has to be a step up from last year's Oregon safeties.
  • Options
    Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    AZDuck said:

I'm going to bookmark this thred for when Oregon starts recruiting

They started.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

The bigger takeaway for me in this is that the in-state Oregon kids aren't buying the BS that Willie T is selling before Game #1 ... which is a HUGE problem for Oregon. On one hand, I get that there should be a prove it to me aspect to recruiting and in Willie T's case he hasn't had west coast ties in years ... but it sure feels as if Willie T and company are getting a similar reception to what OL recruits would give after visiting with Strausser or WR recruits were given when talking about Pease.

That's a lot of analysis - and an all caps HUGE - over something that will never make Oregon good, bad or mediocre. The state is bereft (that's a college educated man's word for 'empty') of talent.

And, what BS? What are you talking about? The guy has not coached one single fucking game. On what basis do you conclude that he's selling "BS"? Because his strength guy got carried away and went overboard? Is that it? It can't be because he's not as stoic and flat as Petersen, right? Lots of great coaches have had big personalities. They can't all be like DJ.

If you asked me, or if you didn't, I'd say he's smart as fuck by just acknowledging the obvious: he has to recruit elsewhere to win at Oregon. He could get every good kid there every year and it would barely matter. BARELY. Oregon produces significantly less talent than even Washington, which is not exactly fertile in its own right.

That guy no more has to lock down Oregon than Bob Stoops has to lock down Oklahoma.

If he can get a recruiting pipeline established in Florida, continue what they've done in Texas and California, they'll have players. If he can't do any of those things, he's as fucked as are your kids. (It's a joke - don't PM me with another "fuck you!" - it hurts my feelings).
    Other than Thomas Tyner there hasn't been a single skill kid on either side of the ball from the state of Oregon that has been more than a role player since Chad Cota in 1994. Tyner was a bust anyways, but he had the ability.

If there is a QB with the physical tools or a lineman from Oregon we miss out on it might have meant something.

If Oregon never landed another kid from the state of Oregon in the next twenty years their win aggregate wouldn't change at all.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

The bigger takeaway for me in this is that the in-state Oregon kids aren't buying the BS that Willie T is selling before Game #1 ... which is a HUGE problem for Oregon. On one hand, I get that there should be a prove it to me aspect to recruiting and in Willie T's case he hasn't had west coast ties in years ... but it sure feels as if Willie T and company are getting a similar reception to what OL recruits would give after visiting with Strausser or WR recruits were given when talking about Pease.

That's a lot of analysis - and an all caps HUGE - over something that will never make Oregon good, bad or mediocre. The state is bereft (that's a college educated man's word for 'empty') of talent.

And, what BS? What are you talking about? The guy has not coached one single fucking game. On what basis do you conclude that he's selling "BS"? Because his strength guy got carried away and went overboard? Is that it? It can't be because he's not as stoic and flat as Petersen, right? Lots of great coaches have had big personalities. They can't all be like DJ.

If you asked me, or if you didn't, I'd say he's smart as fuck by just acknowledging the obvious: he has to recruit elsewhere to win at Oregon. He could get every good kid there every year and it would barely matter. BARELY. Oregon produces significantly less talent than even Washington, which is not exactly fertile in its own right.

That guy no more has to lock down Oregon than Bob Stoops has to lock down Oklahoma.

If he can get a recruiting pipeline established in Florida, continue what they've done in Texas and California, they'll have players. If he can't do any of those things, he's as fucked as are your kids. (It's a joke - don't PM me with another "fuck you!" - it hurts my feelings).
    Other than Thomas Tyner there hasn't been a single skill kid on either side of the ball from the state of Oregon that has been more than a role player since Chad Cota in 1994. Tyner was a bust anyways, but he had the ability.

If there is a QB with the physical tools or a lineman from Oregon we miss out on it might have meant something.

If Oregon never landed another kid from the state of Oregon in the next twenty years their win aggregate wouldn't change at all.
    Talanoa Hufanga and I had a good laugh at that last paragraph.

QPOTM
  • Options
    AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Marcus Arroyo just visited Devin Culp and Yankoff today, don't know if that means anything or not. But it happened
  • Options
    edited May 2017
    dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

QPOTM
    The following is a list of Oregon prospects I'll regret them missing out on this year.

Talanoa Hufanga.

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

QPOTM
    The following is a list of Oregon prospects I'll regret them missing out on this year.

Talanoa Hufanga.

No love for Cota or you think he's cumming?
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

QPOTM

Talanoa Hufanga.

He's a lanky, white, wide receiver with average speed. If his last name were Winestein no one would give a shit. His dad was good on defense forever ago so that's supposed to matter.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

QPOTM

Talanoa Hufanga.

I think he cums. But if Warren Thompson committed in the St. Taggart Day Massacre there may not have been a spot for him. Conversely, the staff supposedly told Stephan Blaylock (of the top-300 prospect Blaylocks) that after two trips to Oregon in ten days on his own dime that the spot he wanted to commit to belongs to Hufanga.

I also think Cota is good enough to have an Alabama offer, but not good enough to have a commitable Bammer offer. And when someone like Thompson inevitably takes Cota's spot in Bama, Axel Foley will play the "we wanted you all the time" card to put a chip on his shoulder.

• Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

QPOTM

Talanoa Hufanga.

I think he cums. But if Warren Thompson committed in the St. Taggart Day Massacre there may not have been a spot for him. Conversely, the staff supposedly told Stephan Blaylock (of the top-300 prospect Blaylocks) that after two trips to Oregon in ten days on his own dime that the spot he wanted to commit to belongs to Hufanga.

I also think Cota is good enough to have an Alabama offer, but not good enough to have a commitable Bammer offer. And when someone like Thompson inevitably takes Cota's spot in Bama, Axel Foley will play the "we wanted you all the time" card to put a chip on his shoulder.

I guess that's better than accepting his scholarship only to drop him if/once Hufanga commits (i.e. U$C), but this definitely is something that separates Coach Pete from most of the rest.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

QPOTM

Talanoa Hufanga.

I guess that's better than accepting his scholarship only to drop him if/once Hufanga commits (i.e. U$C), but this definitely is something that separates Coach Pete from most of the rest.
    Prince Akeem is kind of the Sir Mix-a-Lot of recruiters. When a big school pulls their offer from a kid, he pulls up quick to get with it (see Jordon Scott and Florida, Billy Gibson and the U, even Isaiah Bolden probably flipped from FSU because they landed two higher ranked DBs which is why I don't think he flips again). If he started pulling offers from kids, it might hurt him in those regards.
  • Options
    MisterEmMisterEm Member Posts: 6,685
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

QPOTM

Talanoa Hufanga.

Prince Akeem is kind of the Sir Mix-a-Lot of recruiters. When a big school pulls their offer from a kid, he pulls up quick to get with it (see Jordon Scott and Florida, Billy Gibson and the U, even Isaiah Bolden probably flipped from FSU because they landed two higher ranked DBs which is why I don't think he flips again). If he started pulling offers from kids, it might hurt him in those regards.
    Leave the try hard posts to hondo.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

MisterEm said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

Mosster47 said:

Tequilla said:

QPOTM

Talanoa Hufanga.

Leave the try hard posts to hondo.
    @WeakarmCobra and @backthepack will take that bet
    @bananasnblondes glad you thinking of me :wink: