Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Julius Irvin, 4* 2018 DB, Anaheim (Servite), CA (COMMITTED)

Comments

• Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

People won't hate you if you don't shitpost.

Like me
  • Options
    IPukeOregonGrellowIPukeOregonGrellow Member Posts: 2,183
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

What the fuck is happening?

Someone is getting whooshed hard. And I think that someone is me.
  • Options
    KenGiffeyJrKenGiffeyJr Member Posts: 46
    5 Awesomes Name Dropper First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

I would be mildly surprised if we didn't land Irvin ...

He's exactly the kind of recruit we should do well with ... high end player with a parent(s) that can cut through the BS (Irvin's father played in the NFL for close to a decade) and knows what to look for with a coach ... and a kid that has a good head on his shoulders that understands what to be looking for.

Add to all of that Jimmy Lake ...

Think his dad maybe running this ship if so I like our? chances Pete resonates with parents they trust him with their kids to build and grow them into true professionals on and off the field for me me personally book it he's a dawg.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

I would be mildly surprised if we didn't land Irvin ...

He's exactly the kind of recruit we should do well with ... high end player with a parent(s) that can cut through the BS (Irvin's father played in the NFL for close to a decade) and knows what to look for with a coach ... and a kid that has a good head on his shoulders that understands what to be looking for.

Add to all of that Jimmy Lake ...

Agree. I like our chances with any parent that knows the score, is established ... and doesn't need recruiting smoke blown up their asses or any kind of underhanded financial dealings.

See Alex Molden et al.

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    NEsnake12 said:

Apparently he was supposed to visit Oregon for their spring game this weekend, but bailed and is visiting UW again instead. This is coming from Oregon reporters.

If true, he's probably gonna woof.

I don't think he's coming back to UW this weekend. I think he's just "going to UW" like 'going to commit to UW'.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    NEsnake12 said:

Apparently he was supposed to visit Oregon for their spring game this weekend, but bailed and is visiting UW again instead. This is coming from Oregon reporters.

If true, he's probably gonna woof.

@NEsnake12

Keep working them phones, you doing god's work.
  • Options
    CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Please, Allah.
  • Options
    FKA_MousecopFKA_Mousecop Member Posts: 2,054
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited April 2017
    How many DBs are we predicting? I know some don't think he's that good, but I think JoJo could potentially enter and go in the mid rounds, and even if he doesn't, it seems we only have 2 Safeties on the roster that will be here after 2018 (Gilchrist and McKinney). We thinking 2 Safeties and 1 CB? Or potentially a 3rd safety if JoJo leaves? We could see another person flip from CB even. Not really sure who.

I know from interviews that they've at least told Holland and Irvin they like them at CB, but if we get both it would definitely be a surprise if one doesn't end up at Safety alongside Tre'Shaun (assuming he commits).
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

How many DBs are we predicting? I know some don't think he's that good, but I think JoJo could potentially enter and go in the mid rounds, and even if he doesn't, it seems we only have 2 Safeties on the roster that will be here after 2018 (Gilchrist and McKinney). We thinking 2 Safeties and 1 CB? Or potentially a 3rd safety if JoJo leaves? We could see another person flip from CB even. Not really sure who.

I know from interviews that they've at least told Holland and Irvin they like them at CB, but if we get both it would definitely be a surprise if one doesn't end up at Safety alongside Tre'Shaun (assuming he commits).

Unless Jojo has an amazing year, I don't think he enter. He is going to play on Sunday, he just needs to clean up his mental mistakes
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I think it's unlikely JoJo leaves early but certainly possible. Really depends on how much he improves this year.

Would love hear Coker and DDY on Holland/Irvin:

A. Which recruit do you want more?
    B. Which do you like better at corner?
    C. Which do you like better at safety?

FWIW I think we get Irvin but not Holland, but I do think WHAS with both.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I would love to deal with the worry of JoJo leaving early after the 2017 season.

Not sure how likely this is, but Jojo is going to have a big season. He will play in the NFL.

He's another guy that exemplifies the change from Sark to Peterman. The Utah State game in 2015 was my first memory of him. I was so used to guys like him sucking, but he was actually good.

It was such a change to see young guys like Gaines, Victor, McIntosh, etc actually being good instead of Sark playing young guys because there was no one else.