Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

I got Gonzaga to the finals

PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,830
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
People forget how many Cocks the Jesuit altar boys have handled in their respective lives.

Comments

• Options
    haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,479
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    But the 206 Roundballers assured me we were so close to a highly talented run-and-gun dynasty.

3/4 final four teams are physical and live off of defense. You know, big boy basketball that can still win you games when your shot goes cold. That slobbering knuckledragger for the zags has been a game changer.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,322
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If it didn't say Oregon on the jersey I would really like that team. I've only seen them last night but I like how they played.

Chet Dorsey is awesome

I'll root for them over the Zags
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

If it didn't say Oregon on the jersey I would really like that team. I've only seen them last night but I like how they played.

Chet Dorsey is awesome

Lol at all the faggot doogs on Twitter giving absolutely zero credit to Altman.
  • Options
    dhdawgdhdawg Member Posts: 13,326
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    UNC is going to run all over oregon and then run all over whoever wins the other semifinal.

UNC and Kentucky were by far the two best in the tournament
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I've had oregon going deep every year in my brackets and they never do it.

The one year I don't fill out a bracket and here we are. Thanks obama.
  • Options
    phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

Chet Dorsey is awesome

Those boys have the attitude and are ready to rumble.

(I really do enjoy watching them play)
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

dhdawg said:

UNC is going to run all over oregon and then run all over whoever wins the other semifinal.

UNC and Kentucky were by far the two best in the tournament

Disagree. I'll take the field.
    Gonzaga or UNC.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Would not be surprised if Oregon proved me wrong though.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    To beat Oregon's defense, you have to do at least one of two things really well ... the first is attack their pressure and not allow them to get you in a position where they grind the shot clock down on you ... the second is really pound the interior on them. North Carolina can do both as they are always looking to push the tempo to get good early shots and their ability to control the paint through post touches as well as the boards is a definite bonus to insulate them versus any bad shooting nights. The emergence of Maye off the bench gives them a nice interior player for them that can play both inside/outside.

Oregon's going to have to really shoot the ball well particularly if they go with 4 guards/wings predominately ... it's going to put a ton of pressure on them on the boards. To me, it's just a bad matchup for Oregon ... to me they are definitely the 2nd best team in the Final Four ... but Carolina's bigs are athletic enough to be able to hurt them ... in contrast, Gonzaga's bigs generally don't move well enough to be more of an asset than a liability on the other end.

Gonzaga's struggled at times with athletic teams ... and South Carolina is athletic. Where Xavier got destroyed was in not being able to defend Karnowski and the interior without doubling and leaving wide open shots to the Gonzaga shooters left and right ... I do think that the way that you need to go about beating Gonzaga is to keep them away from getting points on the perimeter. If Karnowski wants to go for 25 then let him ... will take enough out of him that you'll wear him out.
  • Options
    Intersectional_DawgIntersectional_Dawg Member Posts: 524
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Name Dropper
    I like Oregon in this one.
  • Options
    Miley_CyrusMiley_Cyrus Member Posts: 793
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

To beat Oregon's defense, you have to do at least one of two things really well ... the first is attack their pressure and not allow them to get you in a position where they grind the shot clock down on you ... the second is really pound the interior on them. North Carolina can do both as they are always looking to push the tempo to get good early shots and their ability to control the paint through post touches as well as the boards is a definite bonus to insulate them versus any bad shooting nights. The emergence of Maye off the bench gives them a nice interior player for them that can play both inside/outside.

Oregon's going to have to really shoot the ball well particularly if they go with 4 guards/wings predominately ... it's going to put a ton of pressure on them on the boards. To me, it's just a bad matchup for Oregon ... to me they are definitely the 2nd best team in the Final Four ... but Carolina's bigs are athletic enough to be able to hurt them ... in contrast, Gonzaga's bigs generally don't move well enough to be more of an asset than a liability on the other end.

Gonzaga's struggled at times with athletic teams ... and South Carolina is athletic. Where Xavier got destroyed was in not being able to defend Karnowski and the interior without doubling and leaving wide open shots to the Gonzaga shooters left and right ... I do think that the way that you need to go about beating Gonzaga is to keep them away from getting points on the perimeter. If Karnowski wants to go for 25 then let him ... will take enough out of him that you'll wear him out.

Disagree
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Disagree
    Agree with the disagree.

Aside from karnowski, the Gonzaga bigs are springy as fuck. Williams, Collins and Tillie all can jump out of the gym. Williams and Collins are fully capable of stepping out and dropping a three.

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    UNC v Oregon is basically the natty.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

UNC v Kentucky was basically the natty.

• Options
    YouKnowItYouKnowIt Member Posts: 539
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

What Doogs don't understand about coaching is that good coaching is getting the most out of the talent that you have ... Altman does a fantastic job of doing that.

They do a lot of little things that don't really show up in a box score but definitely show up on the scoreboard when it comes to their ability to waste time in a possession by taking 5-7 seconds off for teams getting past half court and then the very loose but threatening half court trap ... before teams know it they are getting into their offensive sets with 15 seconds to go on the shot clock and it makes it significantly easier for Oregon to help, rotate, and play great team defense.

Offensively, they do a great job of maximizing strength and probing to get good looks ... when the offense breaks down they have an identity at who is taking what shots and very rarely do you see them take really bad shots.

Did you watch the UO v KU game? UOs offense went straight Toilet Bowl, and Altman didnt do anything about it ... if it wasn't for a last second heave that somehow hit the rim, then bounced to UO, and then finally hitting a last second 3 without any offense, no screens just a dude dirbbling.... the game might have changed... Altman deserves to get some shit for that
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    YouKnowIt said:

Tequilla said:

What Doogs don't understand about coaching is that good coaching is getting the most out of the talent that you have ... Altman does a fantastic job of doing that.

They do a lot of little things that don't really show up in a box score but definitely show up on the scoreboard when it comes to their ability to waste time in a possession by taking 5-7 seconds off for teams getting past half court and then the very loose but threatening half court trap ... before teams know it they are getting into their offensive sets with 15 seconds to go on the shot clock and it makes it significantly easier for Oregon to help, rotate, and play great team defense.

Offensively, they do a great job of maximizing strength and probing to get good looks ... when the offense breaks down they have an identity at who is taking what shots and very rarely do you see them take really bad shots.

Did you watch the UO v KU game? UOs offense went straight Toilet Bowl, and Altman didnt do anything about it ... if it wasn't for a last second heave that somehow hit the rim, then bounced to UO, and then finally hitting a last second 3 without any offense, no screens just a dude dirbbling.... the game might have changed... Altman deserves to get some shit for that
    Winners win
  • Options
    YouKnowIt said:

Tequilla said:

You seem to overlooking the fact that UO was getting homered left and right. And every call went in KU's direction the last 20 minutes. Putting KU in the Kansas City pod in the first place is bullshit.

UO won despite the odds. Give Altman some credit for getting his guys to believe they could overcome adversity and tough it out. Doogs should look to him as a barometer of what they should expect with Hopkins.