Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Romar

doogiedoogie Member Posts: 15,072
achieved something no other UW coach has in over a hundred years, a ten game losing streak.

Comments

• FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,223
    doogie said:

achieved something no other UW coach has in over a hundred years, a ten game losing streak.

At years end you will have the following happen.

Green - gone
    Timmins - gone
    Johnson - gone
    Duriusseu - gone
    Thybulle - 30%
    dickerson - 25%

I don't see anyway more than 2 of these 6 stay. Green is going to lose PT to the incoming guys(and couldn't get it on this team). Johnson looks like a player we'd love to have his Jun/Sen years but romar only plays him when fultz is hurt. Duriss and timmins aren't playing anyway. Wouldn't be shocked to see Thybulle leave to find a nice WCC school to play at. Dickerson may be pot committed unless he can graduate and transfer.

Then we can start all over with the doog excuse that youth.......
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    doogie said:

Just before the end of Black History Month too.

In Romar I Trust!
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

doogie said:

Green - gone
    Timmins - gone
    Johnson - gone
    Duriusseu - gone
    Thybulle - 30%
    dickerson - 25%

I don't see anyway more than 2 of these 6 stay. Green is going to lose PT to the incoming guys(and couldn't get it on this team). Johnson looks like a player we'd love to have his Jun/Sen years but romar only plays him when fultz is hurt. Duriss and timmins aren't playing anyway. Wouldn't be shocked to see Thybulle leave to find a nice WCC school to play at. Dickerson may be pot committed unless he can graduate and transfer.

Thybulle and Dickerson aren't leaving.

Crying about losing someone like Durisseu? Oh no!!!
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

doogie said:

Green - gone
    Timmins - gone
    Johnson - gone
    Duriusseu - gone
    Thybulle - 30%
    dickerson - 25%

I hope Johnson stays, I really like his game. If he can learn to stay out of foul trouble he could be a real asset for the next coach.

doogie said:

Green - gone
    Timmins - gone
    Johnson - gone
    Duriusseu - gone
    Thybulle - 30%
    dickerson - 25%

I am not crying about people leaving, but one of the main problems the past half decade is Romar starts with an entirely new team each year. Even the best teams in the nation need Junior and Senior role players to be successful. Not only during games, but to push the team during practice. UW has had zero leadership based on lack of upper classmen, and even less in terms of players who push guys like Fultz every single day in practice.

The only way UW digs its way out of the hole is to continue to have 4-5 year players with a sprinkling of upper tier talent. Instead there is a mass exodus every spring and we? start over with transfers, JC's and Freshman.

doogie said:

Green - gone
    Timmins - gone
    Johnson - gone
    Duriusseu - gone
    Thybulle - 30%
    dickerson - 25%

I am not crying about people leaving, but one of the main problems the past half decade is Romar starts with an entirely new team each year. Even the best teams in the nation need Junior and Senior role players to be successful. Not only during games, but to push the team during practice. UW has had zero leadership based on lack of upper classmen, and even less in terms of players who push guys like Fultz every single day in practice.

The only way UW digs its way out of the hole is to continue to have 4-5 year players with a sprinkling of upper tier talent. Instead there is a mass exodus every spring and we? start over with transfers, JC's and Freshman.
    I agree, but...

1) We don't deal in hypotheticals and

2) The mass exodus has happened once, not "every spring". You can't count guys graduating/going pro.

Be a better Nega.
  • MeekMeek Member Posts: 7,031
    doogie said:

But how is he a bad coach?

doogie said:

Green - gone
    Timmins - gone
    Johnson - gone
    Duriusseu - gone
    Thybulle - 30%
    dickerson - 25%

I agree, but...

2) The mass exodus has happened once, not "every spring". You can't count guys graduating/going pro.

Be a better Nega.
    You're right. I thought there were two or 3 big exodus. MaInly one large and then a couple others.

We still suck
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member Posts: 37,018 Founders Club
    What is a Romar? What is a basketball team?
  • GrandpaSankeyGrandpaSankey Member Posts: 956

I saw something about Romar getting fired

That makes two of us

doogie said:

Green - gone
    Timmins - gone
    Johnson - gone
    Duriusseu - gone
    Thybulle - 30%
    dickerson - 25%

I agree, but...

Be a better Nega.
    You're right. I thought there were two or 3 big exodus. MaInly one large and then a couple others.

We still suck
    We?
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,825
    IF Romar left, I would actually be in favor of literally turning the entire roster to gut the established culture out of the program

Yes, it would likely lead to a couple of rough years but I can only think of 1-2 guys on the roster I would actually want in my program