Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Whats your crowning athletic achievement?

Comments

• Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Fuck, he really is 89!!
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,454
    Swaye's Wigwam

Fuck, he really is 89!!

Let's hear your crowning athletic achievement.
  • Options
    HuskyJWHuskyJW Guest, Member Posts: 14,188
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    89ute said:

Good enough to play strong safety on the 0-9 1983 Cottonwood Colts

Qualified and ran the 2011 Boston Marathon. It took me a good 5 years of training to become strong enough to run an age group qualifying time of sub 3:30.

Unsatisfied with my time of 3:33 I came back in 2014 and ran 3:18

I took 6133st place out of 35,868

Running this marathon after the 2013 bombings still puts goose bumps on me as I type this. There were about a million people lining the course, screaming like we were running the winning touchdown in the national championship game. I've never been this humbled and proud at the same time. Those fuckers were not going to be intimidated and Boston Strong truly meant something. I can't put to words how special it was to be a part of it.

This guy just fucking ruined the whole thread.
  • Options
    BennyBeaverBennyBeaver Member Posts: 13,341
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Fastest mile in the cuntry.
  • Options
    Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,943

I was really fucking good. If you're not a creep you can pm me for my name and school.

Football, basketball, baseball.. All league football and basketball. 4A school. Unfortunately I was white and ran a high 4.8 and had a 26" vert. Unless you are a star, 90% of the battle is playing hard and confidence.

Football wise, I could hit and had great hands. High school QB's are garbage. Easy to bait and manipulate while playing zone. The OL are fat and white. Time the snap right and they will never block you. Alex Linnecole (Oregon State) was the only guy that ever picked it up.

Streaky shooter in basketball. Took charges. Knocked down threes. Boxed out. 11 point 6 boards a game Sr year. Best game was a 21, 12, and 7 against Mt T (state team). Once scored 34 and beat Isaiah Thomas' team in 8th grade. First memory of him was our coach cussing us out in 5th grade for allowing a fucking midget to drop 40 on us. Dude was always unreal. A great example of confidence and people who criticize helicopter parents should sometimes fuck off. Why do you think he is in the league?

Not a lockdown defender but good in a team scheme. Most high school athletes really don't know the game.

Could have played d-3 in either football or basketball, but going to a small school sucks. I wanted to talk shit and smoke weed. What was the point to work your ass off for 200 people in the stands and going to a high school version of college.

Quit baseball but was very good as a kid. Struggled to hit the curve as a got older. Glove was always money and I always played SS then CF as I was older.

Should have coached football, but I was too interested in partying and fucking girls. I regret that I didn't from time to time.

Am I being an uncle Rico? Yes. But I really was fucking good and loved the game more than my peers.

Down for voted for taking charges. Go play for Duke, faggot.
    One of my favorite stories is my boy playing IT in highschool and IT kept calling him a cracker all game and dropped 40 right in his face. My buddy needed a safe space after that one.
  • Options
    89ute said:

Qualified and ran the 2011 Boston Marathon. It took me a good 5 years of training to become strong enough to run an age group qualifying time of sub 3:30.

Running this marathon after the 2013 bombings still puts goose bumps on me as I type this. There were about a million people lining the course, screaming like we were running the winning touchdown in the national championship game. I've never been this humbled and proud at the same time. Those fuckers were not going to be intimidated and Boston Strong truly meant something. I can't put to words how special it was to be a part of it.

89ute said:

Too cheap to not buy the proofs, bruh?
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,454
    Swaye's Wigwam

89ute said:

89ute said:

These are images already out on the world wide web, not private.
  • Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    HS football team stealing from the UW locker room, getting caught, getting on TV, getting suspended, getting pussy.

Does that count?
  • Options
    azumahazumah Member Posts: 21
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

One evening, I drank 5 40's of fine malt liquor my freshman year in college. WWU football suvivor. Fuck that place.

When did you play there? I had a cup of coffee with them during the '89 season.
  • Options
    azumahazumah Member Posts: 21
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    I knocked out Darrin Featherstone in the 3rd round. Less than a year earlier he'd made it to the quarterfinals of the Canadian Golden Gloves.
  • Options
    89ute said:

89ute said:

89ute said:

These are images already out on the world wide web, not private.
    So it's not really you.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 31,019
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    World Champ. But it involved firearms and shit and the snowflakes can't read it unless they're in a safe space.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BATTLEFIELD COMMISSION!!!!!1