Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Whats your crowning athletic achievement?

Comments

• Options
    jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dflea said:

I was the MVP of the Seattle Elite League 14u playoffs, which my team won.

Baseball isn't a sport.
    It is more of a sport than ultimate, cross country, pool, bowling, cheerleading, golf, chess, fencing and quidditch, among others, and it definitely takes more skill.

Now, I will be the first to admit that baseball does not require tons of athleticism. But it takes a lot of skill and hand-eye coordination to hit an 85-mph fastball, when you have .45 of a second to react. And I would also point out that you have to be incredibly tough to play the sport, although it isn't as bad as rugby or football or hockey or lacrosse or any full-contact sport.
    lol - did you just compare your glory sport to cheerleading , pool and chess?

Among others, I mean.

He mentioned something called quidditch (what the fuck is that) sounds like a very faggy activity... It's friday tomorrow, who's preparing the ceremony?
    quidditch is the stupidest sport played by humans. it is the adaptation of the harry potter sport, except without the flying broomsticks.

also, i refuse to be sacrificed. Why not OBK?
  • Options
    dnc said:

dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.
    It is more of a sport than ultimate, cross country, pool, bowling, cheerleading, golf, chess, fencing and quidditch, among others, and it definitely takes more skill.

Now, I will be the first to admit that baseball does not require tons of athleticism. But it takes a lot of skill and hand-eye coordination to hit an 85-mph fastball, when you have .45 of a second to react. And I would also point out that you have to be incredibly tough to play the sport, although it isn't as bad as rugby or football or hockey or lacrosse or any full-contact sport.

Among others, I mean.

No, I listed a bunch of "sports" that are less of a sport than baseball.

My point was that if you say baseball isn't a sport, then none of those can be called a sport.
    Cheerleading, pool, and chess have never been labeled as a sport. Curling is more of sport than baseball.
    That's not remotely close to true. Cheerleading, pool, and chess are all generally recognized as sports.
    In general, a sport is a game of skill or strategy played by one or more persons in competition against an opposing team, which defines chess and pool as sports. Cheerleading is more of an athletic activity under that definition, but because it's not easy, many call it a sport.
    Chess has never been considered a sport.
    "Until recently, chess was a recognized sport of the International Olympic Committee;[3] some national sporting bodies such as the Spanish Consejo Superior de Deportes also recognize chess as a sport."
    -Wikipedia

• Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

Among others, I mean.

My point was that if you say baseball isn't a sport, then none of those can be called a sport.
    Cheerleading, pool, and chess have never been labeled as a sport. Curling is more of sport than baseball.
    That's not remotely close to true. Cheerleading, pool, and chess are all generally recognized as sports.
    In general, a sport is a game of skill or strategy played by one or more persons in competition against an opposing team, which defines chess and pool as sports. Cheerleading is more of an athletic activity under that definition, but because it's not easy, many call it a sport.
    "Until recently, chess was a recognized sport of the International Olympic Committee;[3] some national sporting bodies such as the Spanish Consejo Superior de Deportes also recognize chess as a sport."
    -Wikipedia

Guess that explains why we've had Olympic Chess.

Oh wait.

It's a fucking board game. No one considers it a sport.

Actually, though, it literally says right there in the quote that it is considered a sport. American football isn't in the Olympics. Does that make it not a sport?
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited March 2017

dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

Among others, I mean.

He mentioned something called quidditch (what the fuck is that) sounds like a very faggy activity... It's friday tomorrow, who's preparing the ceremony?
    quidditch is the stupidest sport played by humans. it is the adaptation of the harry potter sport, except without the flying broomsticks.

also, i refuse to be sacrificed. Why not OBK?
    Because you're a massive fag. OBK is simply a queefy qoock
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,799
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

dnc said:

dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

Among others, I mean.

-Wikipedia

Seriously @Swaye action needs to be taken fast. I'll bust you outta rehab so we can commence the ceremony.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

dnc said:

dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

Among others, I mean.

-Wikipedia

Oh wait.

Actually, though, it literally says right there in the quote that it is considered a sport. American football isn't in the Olympics. Does that make it not a sport?
    No, it says in the quote that the IOC realized it's not a sport. When the best thing you can support your argument with is the Spanish Consejo Superior de Deportes, you've lost the argument.

hth
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,028
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Thump said:

I rock climbed these. Trad leads.

Is that in Washington or Wyoming?
  • Options
    TurdBomberTurdBomber Member Posts: 19,753
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Thump said:

It's in the Mountains. Hope this helps.
  • Options

Thump said:

Warshington.

The Norf Cascades are highly underrated.
  • Options
    dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

Among others, I mean.

-Wikipedia

Oh wait.

No, it says in the quote that the IOC realized it's not a sport. When the best thing you can support your argument with is the Spanish Consejo Superior de Deportes, you've lost the argument.

hth
    You say, "Chess has never been considered a sport."
    I show you that the IOC considered it a sport at one time.

Just because you choose to ignore the very thing that makes me right does not mean you won an argument.
  • Options

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

dflea said:

Baseball isn't a sport.

Among others, I mean.

-Wikipedia

Oh wait.

hth
    You say, "Chess has never been considered a sport."
    I show you that the IOC considered it a sport at one time.

Just because you choose to ignore the very thing that makes me right does not mean you won an argument.
    You win.

I'll rephrase.

Some idiots once considered it a sport.

They too have come to their senses.

No one who understands what a sport is has ever considered it a sport.

It's a fucking bored game.

hth
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited March 2017

Thump said:

Washington. Those are South Early Winter Spire, North Early Winter Spire, Liberty Bell, Concord Tower, & Lexington. I've climbed/led SEWS (3 routes) and Liberty Bell (trad route, not the aid route), but it was summer and they didn't have snow. That was just the best photo I found in the 3 seconds I looked.

This is how they look in the summer, slightly different angle.

I was ready to climb Lexington, but one of the other dumbasses on the climb had passed out the night before down in Winthrop in the back of his truck after a night of hard drinking, and somebody stole some of his climbing gear out of the back of his truck, while he lay their snoring.... some climbers are real dirt bags.

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,933
    Thump said:

Thump said:

Washington. Those are South Early Winter Spire, North Early Winter Spire, Liberty Bell, Concord Tower, & Lexington. I've climbed/led SEWS (3 routes) and Liberty Bell (trad route, not the aid route), but it was summer and they didn't have snow. That was just the best photo I found in the 3 seconds I looked.

This is how they look in the summer, slightly different angle.

I was ready to climb Lexington, but one of the other dumbasses on the climb had passed out the night before down in Winthrop in the back of his truck after a night of hard drinking, and somebody stole some of his climbing gear out of the back of his truck, while he lay their snoring.... some climbers are real dirt bags.

M'eh.

I climbed a hill in Pullman after Apple Cup 1990.

Not easy after sharing a half gallon of BV and coke.

• Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 34,028
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited March 2017

Thump said:

It's in the Mountains. Hope this helps.
    Very much so, given that a poaster with a handle about yellow snow probably doesn't know shit about mountains.
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Last time I saw a 5th of BV, the Sonics cheerleaders were all bogarting off the same bottle at a party I was at. Seeing them up close, I was struck by just how slutty they were. Much sluttier than the SeaGals (and that's saying something), a couple of whom I went to HS with.

Edit: Forgot the other point. Cheap booze was outdone by the cheap makeup, cheap hair product, and cheap clothes. Did they get paid anything by the Sonics? Or did they just do it for the BBC?
  • Options
    ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment

Much sluttier than the SeaGals (and that's saying something), a couple of whom I went to HS with.

Any of them happen to have a father that owned a Mexican restaurant on Roosevelt in the U-District?

I bartended there for about a year my last year of college, and the owner's daughter worked there as a hostess and was a SeaGal (were they called that in the late 80s?). She was constantly begging me to take her skiing. I never did, but yeah, she seemed pretty slutty to me.
  • Options
    Couldn't tell ya. I was just struck by the tackiness of it all. Hadn't see such tacky women since I'd been to the Lynnwood Black Angus or some dance joint in Renton or Kent a friend dragged me to.