Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Too Early Spring Watch

AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Founders Club
Still doogin too hard. Already thinking about Spring. I'm thinking we're going to see Devin Burleson get work at LG.

Yes, I know he's backup LT, however given how thin UW is at guard, plus I believe he's going to be a player, I think he gets his work at G before slotting to LT whenever Adams chooses to go (btw, I think he'll stay through the '18 season). Not uncommon for backup T to get work at G. Plus he's enormous and can move. Roberts and Twattenberg and Harris can battle for RG.

Too early, but that's what I'm looking for part 1. For the record, last year it was the double tight formation, DJ Beavers, and Dotson (miss).

Comments

• Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017

AEB said:

Still doogin too hard. Already thinking about Spring. I'm thinking we're going to see Devin Burleson get work at LG.

Yes, I know he's backup LT, however given how thin UW is at guard, plus I believe he's going to be a player, I think he gets his work at G before slotting to LT whenever Adams chooses to go (btw, I think he'll stay through the '18 season). Not uncommon for backup T to get work at G. Plus he's enormous and can move. Roberts and Twattenberg and Harris can battle for RG.

Too early, but that's what I'm looking for part 1. For the record, last year it was the double tight formation, DJ Beavers, and Dotson (miss).

Pretty sure DevB was at RT and from what I've heard they hate him. Apparently they like Watty and feel like HenRob needs to make his move.

I know they think Sosebee is trash. Last year, they basically cleared the way for him to start at RG and he couldn't overtake two players they think are awful in Brostek and Kirkland. Apparently he's lazy.

We shall see, coaches change their minds all the time on kids, but this is what I've heard don't twist.

My guess is that Watty and HenRob get every chance in the world to win the G jobs.
    They might let Kirkland have LG initially to be dicks to the younger guys you mentioned. Coaches do that type of stuff.

I agree that Wattenberg or Roberts eventually gets the spot.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I remember freaking out about the offense during the spring last year, especially during the spring game. @Tequilla talked me off the ledge and pill bottles, and he was right. I view the spring as a chance to get a good look at the younger guys that haven't played much yet.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    I got bad feeling that, Bain might play next year. Because of the tomato cans on the roster. I hope Henry gets his shit together, he has too much talent not to be playing by now.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2017
    AEB said:

Mentioned this before. I saw Burleson play in the spring game, and focused on him for a number of plays. Because of his size I was anxious to see how he'd do.

He wasn't good...at all. Got routinely beat by our edge rushers.

Maybe he'll get better...but he has a ways to go.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,962
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Passion said:

AEB said:

Mentioned this before. I saw Burleson play in the spring game, and focused on him for a number of plays. Because of his size I was anxious to see how he'd do.

Not encouraging. I thought he was showing a little better. I liked him inside getting work. I love Wattenbergs potential. If Roberts shows it'll be interesting what they do with Harris. If Harris shows up at 290 he sticks a G one more season.
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

Look for PGOS to make a move and more than make up for Ross' lost production

What will you do without Wooching next year? Will you watch the games anymore or nah?
    Ill get on the bandwagon for a new player everyone on the board hates
  • Options
    PostGameOrangeSlicesPostGameOrangeSlices Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 24,794
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I can always watch Psalm rack up 12 sacks in da league
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,816
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It's all about the interior of the OL ... that's EVERYTHING as it pertains to the 2017 season.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    AEB said:

Passion said:

AEB said:

Not encouraging. I thought he was showing a little better. I liked him inside getting work. I love Wattenbergs potential. If Roberts shows it'll be interesting what they do with Harris. If Harris shows up at 290 he sticks a G one more season.
    I think it's make or break time for Roberts.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

AEB said:

Passion said:

AEB said:

My hope is that Roberts and wattenberg really step up and it allows us to redshirt Harris and have him get weight up and be ready to take over for Center when he leaves.
    I believe the staff is hoping that enough guys progress to the point where they can redshirt Harris. They want to have 3 years of him at center after Shelton graduates.
  • Options
    bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,931
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Passion said:

AEB said:

Passion said:

AEB said:

I think it's make or break time for Roberts.
    Other Bellevue linemen who sucked ass as sophomores but then became all-conference guards would disagree
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

I can always watch Psalm rack up 12 sacks in da league

Are there sacks in rugby?