Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Too Early Spring Watch

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,910
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Harris too nasty to sit out next year if healthy. At worst he is the first back up in the middle.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I can always watch Psalm rack up 12 sacks in da league

Are there sacks in rugby?
    No. Are there sacks in WWE?
  • Options
    DeepSeaZDeepSeaZ Member Posts: 3,901
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Answer First Comment
    Tequilla said:

It's all about the interior of the OL ... that's EVERYTHING as it pertains to the 2017 season.

You don't say. $10.95 on the way.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited February 2017
    My problem with redshirting Harris is that we have a championship caliber team so we need him to play even if he was somehow beat out at both guard spots. He's the top interior back up even if he's beat out.

The other issue with redshirting him is potential injury in another year. It just seems to risky and not worth the potential benefits imo, especially since recruiting should improve as we continue to win.
  • Options
    halfbrainmanmolderhalfbrainmanmolder Member Posts: 212
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Name Dropper 5 Awesomes
    Passion said:

AEB said:

Still doogin too hard. Already thinking about Spring. I'm thinking we're going to see Devin Burleson get work at LG.

Too early, but that's what I'm looking for part 1. For the record, last year it was the double tight formation, DJ Beavers, and Dotson (miss).

Mentioned this before. I saw Burleson play in the spring game, and focused on him for a number of plays. Because of his size I was anxious to see how he'd do.

He wasn't good...at all. Got routinely beat by our edge rushers.

Maybe he'll get better...but he has a ways to go.
    He was abused by Wooching? Maybe he was afraid of fire? Now the fire dancer is gone, perhaps Burleson will look a lot better in practice ...
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

My problem with redshirting Harris is that we have a championship caliber team so we need him to play even if he was somehow beat out at both guard spots. He's the top interior back up even if he's beat out.

The other issue with redshirting him is potential injury in another year. It just seems to risky and not worth the potential benefits imo, especially since recruiting should improve as we continue to win.

Yeah, no way Harris redshirts. There's no question he starts; the only question is where. If Roberts is worth a damn, Harris moves to C.
  • Options
    HFNYHFNY Member Posts: 4,534
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    I'm not giving up on Sosebee and Roberts just yet, especially Roberts.

And I don't think Harris redshirts. If he was good enough start as a true frosh over Sosebee and Roberts in 2016, he should be good enough to start over them again in 2017.

I don't see Burleson playing inside. He's 6'8" and his length is better suited to OT. He's still a project though and if he cracks the two deeps, it won't be until 2018 (if at all).
  • Options
    NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,791
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If Harris gets beat out for a starting spot, is it possible that we pseudo-redshirt him?

As in... dress him out for every game, only put him in if one of the starters gets seriously injured in a game where it isn't a guaranteed win (Montana, OSU, etc.). If we get miraculously lucky and neither of the 2 guards get hurt, then he's officially redshirted. But obviously ready in case of emergency.

The problem I already see with this is that it isn't as efficient as traditional redshirting, where the guys who know that they're redshirting don't ever dress out and can focus on bulking up rather than making sure their bodies are ready for gameday. I'm just speculating here... but I'm almost certain Socha has those redshirt guys on a different training schedule. Like lifting heavy on Thursdays/Fridays while the rest of the team doesn't lift that close to gameday and whatnot.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

NEsnake12 said:

If Harris gets beat out for a starting spot, is it possible that we pseudo-redshirt him?

As in... dress him out for every game, only put him in if one of the starters gets seriously injured in a game where it isn't a guaranteed win (Montana, OSU, etc.). If we get miraculously lucky and neither of the 2 guards get hurt, then he's officially redshirted. But obviously ready in case of emergency.

The problem I already see with this is that it isn't as efficient as traditional redshirting, where the guys who know that they're redshirting don't ever dress out and can focus on bulking up rather than making sure their bodies are ready for gameday. I'm just speculating here... but I'm almost certain Socha has those redshirt guys on a different training schedule. Like lifting heavy on Thursdays/Fridays while the rest of the team doesn't lift that close to gameday and whatnot.

Harris against Alabama left a sour taste. He struggled in pass pro at times too.

That said, he played very well at times. There were numerous Grundlegif's showing him laying nice blocks. He was especially effective pulling.

He has ability and the intangibles are there. He obviously picks things up fast and he didn't back down. It was a little bit of a Rudy moment but he was fighting Alabama players when it got chippy.

It is unfortunate that he beat out older guys as a 270 pound freshman, but has anyone considered the possibility that Harris is good?
    I have. I like the dude. Put me down that he'll be All Conference before he leaves.