Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biggest miss for the TBSers vol #2

13»

Comments

• Options
    BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

For old timers the Wonder Twins were a huge bust. Along with Damon Huard they were going to be the next generation that carried on after Hobart, Bailey and McKay

Jason Shelly and the other guy

Shelley made one big play. Too drunk too remember, but yeah.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,601
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    If you have recruited any white receivers or running backs it's fair to assume they won't ever contribute.
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,986
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

AEB said:

Shelley, the pride of Vallejo... if I recall, he punched someone in the face during a pickup game I think at Denny field.

Dotson is from Vallejo too (American Canyon). Coincidence?????

Every time I read about somebody getting punched during a pick up game I laugh at @Tequilla's post about Tank Johnson holding his arms as another player punched him.
    Is it safe to say that tequila called an offensive foul after this sequence.
  • Options
    backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,796
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited January 2017

If you have recruited any white receivers or running backs it's fair to assume they won't ever contribute.

Hunter Renfro and Ryan Switzer say Hi! Did you know Renfro was a walk-on with no D1 offers!?!?
  • Options
    azumahazumah Member Posts: 21
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

For old timers the Wonder Twins were a huge bust. Along with Damon Huard they were going to be the next generation that carried on after Hobart, Bailey and McKay

The only other guys I can remember in that class were Lynn Johnson from Mt. Rainier and David Ritchie from somewhere in Vancouver. Pretty thin year for in state recruiting.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    AIRWOLF said:

Swaye said:

AIRWOLF said:

Other than Lawyer Milloy, that whole recruiting class was unfilled potential. Ink Aleaga and Bob Sapp turned into good players and Dave Janoski was fine, but the rest of it underachieved.

Curtis Bogan looked like he could be a monster OLB. Never did Jack Squat.

Hernan Santiago looked like a bad ass MLB or FB (with scary prison/street gang style tats--before tats were mainstream). Nothing.

Shelley was amazing, but he kept it too real with his sexual predator thing and may have actually done time.

Joe Wells got like six votes on the Long Beach Press Telegram Best in the West poll and I have no idea if he ever played.

I have done way too much cocaine because I only recognize two names off that entire post.
    There are probably only three whose names you should recognize: Milloy, Aleaga and Sapp.

I'd say so long as one of the two you know is Milloy, you're probably fine.

I remembered all of these guys except for Wells, but I have been a TBS nerd since I was a TB.
    Yep, Milloy and Sapp were the two I recognized. Going back to cocaine now.
  • Options
    WoofWoof Member Posts: 769
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    azumah said:

The only other guys I can remember in that class were Lynn Johnson from Mt. Rainier and David Ritchie from somewhere in Vancouver. Pretty thin year for in state recruiting.
    Ritchie was from Kelso. He ended up in the league for a few years and won a Super Bowl.

More importantly he won an XFL championship.
  • Options
    jecorneljecornel Member Posts: 9,599
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2017
    AIRWOLF said:

Other than Lawyer Milloy, that whole recruiting class was unfilled potential. Ink Aleaga and Bob Sapp turned into good players and Dave Janoski was fine, but the rest of it underachieved.

Hernan Santiago looked like a bad ass MLB or FB (with scary prison/street gang style tats--before tats were mainstream). Nothing.

Shelley was amazing, but he kept it too real with his sexual predator thing and may have actually done time.

Joe Wells got like six votes on the Long Beach Press Telegram Best in the West poll and I have no idea if he ever played.

I believe Santiago's nick name was freight train. Was supposed to be the shit. Then was shit.

Bogan was a massive bust. Was on the cover of Sports Washington with Milloy.

There shit players in those classes.

Always liked Janoski. Scrappy little dude.

Cedric White never signed, big time Compton d tackle. 92 class sucked.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    edited January 2017
    Ty Fotheringill had some of the best high school highlights I have ever seen. Seriously. Unreal.

But the Doobie got ahold of him.

Jayson Bass should have been a husky great but chose baseball instead.

Javon McCoy total bust from O'dea i believe.
  • Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    jecornel said:

Ty Fotheringill had some of the best high school highlights I have ever seen. Seriously. Unreal.

Ty was a Doog legend right there with Shane Fortney
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    AEB said:

jecornel said:

Ty was a Doog legend right there with Shane Fortney
    Fortney would have been a good a player, but some guy named Tui was better. Don't blame him for leaving.

Too bad we never got to see Grady Sizemore run the offense.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    AIRWOLF said:

Swaye said:

AIRWOLF said:

I have done way too much cocaine because I only recognize two names off that entire post.
    There are probably only three whose names you should recognize: Milloy, Aleaga and Sapp.

I'd say so long as one of the two you know is Milloy, you're probably fine.

I remembered all of these guys except for Wells, but I have been a TBS nerd since I was a TB.
    Janowski was a gritty player. Undersized white receivers are often the first too be forgotten with the exception of "Joe the Toe".
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    I believe Cedric White was a perfect 10 on the Best in the West list. If not, he got nine votes.

For you young'uns, before the internet, we got our TBS information from little-circulated newspapers and magazines. The Long Beach Press Telegram Best in the West list was the go to source for the top recruits in the Western US. They actually had votes from Pac-10 coaches, if I am not mistaken. I believe they annonymously voted on who the top prospects were. So a guy who got 10 of 10 votes could be assumed to have offers from every school in the Pac-10. There weren't too many of them.

The other biggie was the Parade All-American list. Parade was a "magazine" that was basically junk filler in the Sunday paper. Total garbage, like a coupon circular or NY Times Magazine.

tl;dr I'm old.
  • Options
    Standard Supporter
    AIRWOLF said:

I believe Cedric White was a perfect 10 on the Best in the West list. If not, he got nine votes.

For you young'uns, before the internet, we got our TBS information from little-circulated newspapers and magazines. The Long Beach Press Telegram Best in the West list was the go to source for the top recruits in the Western US. They actually had votes from Pac-10 coaches, if I am not mistaken. I believe they annonymously voted on who the top prospects were. So a guy who got 10 of 10 votes could be assumed to have offers from every school in the Pac-10. There weren't too many of them.

The other biggie was the Parade All-American list. Parade was a "magazine" that was basically junk filler in the Sunday paper. Total garbage, like a coupon circular or NY Times Magazine.

tl;dr I'm old.

It actually gave you something to look forward to. Those lists were awesome.