Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Biggest miss for the TBSers vol #2

Comments

• Options
    AEBAEB Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,960
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    I've had so much confidence in the recruiting and player development that I'm not too surprised by any mentioned. Where I'm a little surprised is I still think Dotson is going to contribute. I thought Dotson and Beavers would be the two young players breaking out in 2016. 1 for 2. Against @Dennis_DeYoung will, I'm still holding out hope, but admittedly the goal post is moving on Dotson.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    True or false: 2010 class was the best since-graduated OL class for us in fifteen years at least.
  • Options
    SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,064
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Thoughts:

Dotson is garbage and will never be good.

Chincredible sucks balls and will never see the field with the incoming class we have.

Derpin Turpin going from absolute dreck to quite serviceable was a huge surprise for me.

When we got Eldrenkamp I thought oh ok, here's a guy who will fill out the two deeps when he is a Junior and might get spot playing time as a senior as a rotational guy. That's why I gave him a 5 I think, instead of the 4 he probably deserved. When was the last lightly recruited OL we had who turned out to be an all conference stud who will probably get drafted?
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2017
    Swaye said:

Thoughts:

Chincredible sucks balls and will never see the field with the incoming class we have.

Derpin Turpin going from absolute dreck to quite serviceable was a huge surprise for me.

When we got Eldrenkamp I thought oh ok, here's a guy who will fill out the two deeps when he is a Junior and might get spot playing time as a senior as a rotational guy. That's why I gave him a 5 I think, instead of the 4 he probably deserved. When was the last lightly recruited OL we had who turned out to be an all conference stud who will probably get drafted?

Eldrenkamp wasn't that lightly recruited.

He had offers from Yale AND Brown.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    edited January 2017
    Swaye said:

Thoughts:

Hurtful
  • Options
    Founders Club
    AEB said:

Swaye said:

Thoughts:

Hurtful
    I'm usually wrong.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

AEB said:

Swaye said:

Thoughts:

Hurtful
    I'm usually wrong.
    In real life. Not on this board. No way.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Dardanus said:

After reading DDY I thought our entire roster would be shit this year so I am surprised at just about every player

My favorite part of the offseason is the brain of @Dennis_DeYoung as the months go by:

January: No one wants to come to Washington, everything fucking sucks, recruits hate us.
    February: Class turned out really good. Minus the OL.
    March: I really think we can go 11-1 again this year.
    April: God our guys look great physically at Spring Practices. Socha is so fucking good.
    May: 11-1 is still looking good, I think we'll be in the Playoff picture again.
    June: 9-3 is most likely, Jake Browning is still our QB.
    July: 7-5 is where I see us, we suck again.
    August: 4-8 if a few bounces go our way. Where is the nearest tree?

We need some to graph this on a chart. @Dardanus? @TheChart? We need your assistance here.

So much dong.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Swaye said:

Dardanus said:

After reading DDY I thought our entire roster would be shit this year so I am surprised at just about every player

My favorite part of the offseason is the brain of @Dennis_DeYoung as the months go by:

January: No one wants to come to Washington, everything fucking sucks, recruits hate us.
    February: Class turned out really good. Minus the OL.
    March: I really think we can go 11-1 again this year.
    April: God our guys look great physically at Spring Practices. Socha is so fucking good.
    May: 11-1 is still looking good, I think we'll be in the Playoff picture again.
    June: 9-3 is most likely, Jake Browning is still our QB.
    July: 7-5 is where I see us, we suck again.
    August: 4-8 if a few bounces go our way. Where is the nearest tree?

We need some to graph this on a chart. @Dardanus? @TheChart? We need your assistance here.

So much dong.
    Is it really?
  • Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,629
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm rarely anything but optimistic about recruits so I'm kinda drawing a blank.

I can think of a few I didn't like:

Sonny Shackleford: actually turned out pretty good.

Corey Williams: I was right. He sucked.

Brandon Johnson: think he ended up involved in a murder or some shit.

Wilson Afoa: He sucked.

Kenny James: He sucked

May have been a few others. It's a lot easier to think of my misses that went the other way. I think the bottom line is that, if I say they suck then they suck. If I say they don't suck then there's still a high likelihood that they suck.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,443
    Swaye's Wigwam
    For old timers the Wonder Twins were a huge bust. Along with Damon Huard they were going to be the next generation that carried on after Hobart, Bailey and McKay

Jason Shelly and the other guy
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,987
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

For old timers the Wonder Twins were a huge bust. Along with Damon Huard they were going to be the next generation that carried on after Hobart, Bailey and McKay

Jason Shelly and the other guy

Shelly wasn't bad, it was the rape in his eyes that ruined him. That'll getcha when you spend time in Eugene. He did play for cowboys though I think.
  • Options
    Other than Lawyer Milloy, that whole recruiting class was unfilled potential. Ink Aleaga and Bob Sapp turned into good players and Dave Janoski was fine, but the rest of it underachieved.

Curtis Bogan looked like he could be a monster OLB. Never did Jack Squat.

Hernan Santiago looked like a bad ass MLB or FB (with scary prison/street gang style tats--before tats were mainstream). Nothing.

Shelley was amazing, but he kept it too real with his sexual predator thing and may have actually done time.

Joe Wells got like six votes on the Long Beach Press Telegram Best in the West poll and I have no idea if he ever played.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    AIRWOLF said:

Other than Lawyer Milloy, that whole recruiting class was unfilled potential. Ink Aleaga and Bob Sapp turned into good players and Dave Janoski was fine, but the rest of it underachieved.

Hernan Santiago looked like a bad ass MLB or FB (with scary prison/street gang style tats--before tats were mainstream). Nothing.

Shelley was amazing, but he kept it too real with his sexual predator thing and may have actually done time.

Joe Wells got like six votes on the Long Beach Press Telegram Best in the West poll and I have no idea if he ever played.

I have done way too much cocaine because I only recognize two names off that entire post.
  • Options
    Swaye said:

AIRWOLF said:

I have done way too much cocaine because I only recognize two names off that entire post.
    There are probably only three whose names you should recognize: Milloy, Aleaga and Sapp.

I'd say so long as one of the two you know is Milloy, you're probably fine.

I remembered all of these guys except for Wells, but I have been a TBS nerd since I was a TB.
  • Options
    Founders Club
    Shelley, the pride of Vallejo... if I recall, he punched someone in the face during a pickup game I think at Denny field.

Dotson is from Vallejo too (American Canyon). Coincidence?????