Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The "Powerful" SEC

Comments

• Options
    ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

It's not a means to say that Alabama isn't good or that we're better ...

What it is intended to say/show is that when looking at Alabama's numbers, I do think that you have to take some of it with a grain of salt given that the other teams in the conference are a dumpster fire. I'm amused by this thought that Auburn is going to give Oklahoma a close game ... let's just say I'll be interested.

In general, my thoughts about the SEC as a whole is that it's not uncommon for them to run 9-10 guys up within 5-7 yards of the line of scrimmage. There's a lot of 1 yard and a cloud of dust as a result of how aggressive they are. On the other hand, there are a lot of big play opportunities that result from that ... particularly in the passing game. The SEC doesn't have a lot of good QBs in the league ... simple truth. Another thing that I see with the league and their defenses is that a lot of those big plays are created because of simply blown assignments ... motion can really fuck with them.

Turnovers are huge in the SEC ... occur at a far higher level than in the PAC.

They couldn't hold onto their slaves. How do you expect them to hold onto a football?

You mean like college football players?
    I know you are being sarcastic but college football players worthless college education is worth 1.3 trillion dollars of debt for student loans.

Now if Bernie had made college free that scholarship would be worthless
    Football players correlate to total student loan debt how exactly?
    By not being a part of it because they get n education for playing football
    So by not being a part of it, their pieces of paper are "worth" the $1.3 trill balance???

That's like a homeless person being "worth" the value of all the home loans in the country because he is "not a part" of the home owner community...
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

What it is intended to say/show is that when looking at Alabama's numbers, I do think that you have to take some of it with a grain of salt given that the other teams in the conference are a dumpster fire. I'm amused by this thought that Auburn is going to give Oklahoma a close game ... let's just say I'll be interested.

In general, my thoughts about the SEC as a whole is that it's not uncommon for them to run 9-10 guys up within 5-7 yards of the line of scrimmage. There's a lot of 1 yard and a cloud of dust as a result of how aggressive they are. On the other hand, there are a lot of big play opportunities that result from that ... particularly in the passing game. The SEC doesn't have a lot of good QBs in the league ... simple truth. Another thing that I see with the league and their defenses is that a lot of those big plays are created because of simply blown assignments ... motion can really fuck with them.

They couldn't hold onto their slaves. How do you expect them to hold onto a football?

I know you are being sarcastic but college football players worthless college education is worth 1.3 trillion dollars of debt for student loans.

So by not being a part of it, their pieces of paper are "worth" the $1.3 trill balance???

That's like a homeless person being "worth" the value of all the home loans in the country because he is "not a part" of the home owner community...
    No

It isn't

You seem to be having a tough time here.
  • Options
    BuffBuffPassBuffBuffPass Member Posts: 322
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Dardanus said:

Pretty incredible correlation between playing better defenses and scoring less points. Any way you could put this into excel and generate a graph for us?
    fucking cakewalk

There's only room for one idiot and a graph in this world.

• Options
    rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,031
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

There's only room for one idiot and a graph in this world.

whys that dude in a dress? whys that chick in a tux?

nb4 "did you just assume their genders, brah?"
  • Options

Tequilla said:

No

It isn't

No, please tell us all how 85 scholarship football players per school is somehow equal to the remaining student population with loan debt.
  • Options
    PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,576
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

SEC arguments are dumb because they have the most talent. They put the most players in the NFL and have the best program in football.

That said, their style of football is shit. I love this UW team so much because they do it all and actually shut down legitimate passing attacks. It's a much more entertaining brand of football.

I enjoy watching USC, Stanford, and Oregon (before this year). Oregon State will be fun to watch too. The PAC 12 has the best variety of teams and styles.

All of our defensive stats would be better in the SEC. It's amazing how bad most of the offenses in that conference are.

You must hate REAL football.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,720
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

No

It isn't

No, please tell us all how 85 scholarship football players per school is somehow equal to the remaining student population with loan debt.
    It's not

Still don't get it I see
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary

SEC arguments are dumb because they have the most talent. They put the most players in the NFL and have the best program in football.

That said, their style of football is shit. I love this UW team so much because they do it all and actually shut down legitimate passing attacks. It's a much more entertaining brand of football.

I enjoy watching USC, Stanford, and Oregon (before this year). Oregon State will be fun to watch too. The PAC 12 has the best variety of teams and styles.

All of our defensive stats would be better in the SEC. It's amazing how bad most of the offenses in that conference are.

Colorado 10, Stanford 5
  • Options
    HuskyInAZHuskyInAZ Member Posts: 1,732
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment

Colorado 10, Stanford 5
    Alabama 10, LSU 0
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    HuskyInAZ said:

Colorado 10, Stanford 5
    Alabama 10, LSU 0
    Yea but still
  • Options

Tequilla said:

No

It isn't

It's not

Still don't get it I see
    Thanks for admitting I was right.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Colorado 10, Stanford 5
    Have you ever watched Florida Boobie? What about LSU? Who is fun to watch in the SEC?
  • Options
    89ute89ute Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,454
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't get the QB infatuation, give me a punter, some nasty Polys and running back.
  • Options
    PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    Tequilla said:

How many on this board knew that 11 different times this season did SEC teams in either conference games or against other power 5 teams fail to throw the ball for over 100 yards in a game ...

Stunningly ... some of those teams actually won the game.

Just another example of how the SEC is the greatest conference ... right?

Again, I think our? defense can keep us in the game, provided we play smart field position and Jake and the offense DO NOT turn the ball over and out the offense in no-win situations by giving bama a short field.
  • Options
    TierbsHsotBoobsTierbsHsotBoobs Member Posts: 39,680
    Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

How many on this board knew that 11 different times this season did SEC teams in either conference games or against other power 5 teams fail to throw the ball for over 100 yards in a game ...

Stunningly ... some of those teams actually won the game.

Just another example of how the SEC is the greatest conference ... right?

Bump
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Really pressing today small tits
  • Options
    tenndawgtenndawg Member Posts: 1,161
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    I'm currently in SEC country - down here Christianity is the #2 religion behind college football

States like Alabama and Mississippi have no pro teams, no one in Tennessee gives a fuck about the Titans, etc.

LSU is it's own planet, and what the fuck is in Arkansas besides Civil War monuments and incest brothels ?

Historically the SEC has been pretty dominant

...of course Auburn boosters paying Cam Newton $180,000 for a few months work has something to do with that...

Most of us believe the conference is complicit in helping Bama cheat to stay on top...

But yes, "the conference" is clearly down this year, and quarterback play has been woeful...

How the fuck teams like Fla and LSU can't manage to get a QB is a true mystery...

And some normally stout defenses are surprisingly suckful...

And for the record - I fucking hate Bama and wanted Washington -

Like wearing Huskey gear to piss everyone off down here

• Options
    SteveSuckisianSteveSuckisian Member Posts: 68
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    SEC is an overhyped pile of dung created by ESPN/CBS